Is there anything new in 2020? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-27-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default Is there anything new in 2020?

I watched an eBay Stealth video on Youtube that was posted back in 2015 or 2016. And I found some threads on here from way back in 2010. I have a few questions for 2020. I just want to get updated info.

1. Does your computer have it's own identification number that ebay can track the same way they track an IP number?

2. Does using multiple user accounts on the same computer still work?

3. Does getting a new cheap router for every different ebay account work? Does each router give you a different IP address every time? Or should I get a multiple different IP's from IPBurger?

4. Is it advisable to start up only 1 stealth account or should I make multiples in case one goes down?

5. Is the ebay stealth guide still a 1 time purchase or a monthly thing? I bought it years ago but don't remember any of the info connected to it so I'll probably have to buy it again for the updated info. If I already had the stealth guide in the past do I even need to buy it again? Have there been a lot of changes in the past few years? I've done stealth accounts before so I have a pretty good idea how it works.

6. Any tips/recommendations one how/where I can get a cheap new laptop that's good enough to use for ebay only? I have 2 laptops but they're both old & have issues. I'd like to start with a fresh new one but don't want to spend too much. And I definitely don't want to blow money getting these 2 repaired.

7. How reliable are the pre made stealth accounts you can buy? Would it be better to buy one of those instead of trying to start my own from scratch? I need to get some extra cash coming in ASAP.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2020

Longevity: 25%
Default Re: Is there anything new in 2020?

1: mac
2: yes
3: would be allot of work. switching VPN ips is simpler and faster.
4: i make multiple, 10 mins appart, same vm
5: cant answer that, i use my own methods
6: desktop will be cheaper
7: if you got 21-30 days you can make your own, but even a bought account needs to be handled with care.

good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to getstealthed For This Useful Post:
Tsunami (09-27-2020)
Old 09-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by getstealthed View Post
1: mac
2: yes
Can they track the same mac address through multiple user ID's? Is that something to worry about? I haven't seen it mentioned too often. I usually only see people worrying about the IP address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getstealthed View Post
6: desktop will be cheaper
So do you mean something like this? A cheapo bundle?

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Desktop-...1239727&sr=8-6
Old 09-27-2020

Longevity: 37%

I don't think they can really see your MAC address!!
Old 09-27-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

read the review,it COMES with non dell monitor,etc.
You can find better ones on BBY outlet or local repair shop

I am surprised they are selling on AMZN,read the reviews,this is something they should sell on EBAY,

GO TO local repair shops,they could have some working PC,MAKE SURE They do have legit window key

ebay is collecting sales tax from our buyers and remitting them to their states,we dont have to do anything.
PAYPAL was sending out 1099K if we exceed 200 transactions(sales) and $20k in a year,now if you sell on Ebay and enroll in Managed payment,Ebay will send 1099K to us and IRS.
Yes,this selling on internet has changed,it is no longer selling your own belongings or grandma attic,it has become a business,so states want their sales tax and income tax.
Competition is fierce,it is a supply and demand issue,too many sellers and not enough buyers,buyers are often resellers,they haul your items to their own website or another site to sell.so they want the lowest cost possible,hence the name 'bottomfishers'.
Ebay is a happy hunting ground for all,many brick and mortar dealers buy and sell on Ebay.
sorry for your bad experience with a Canadian buyer,there is tracking for shipment to Canada,these days any payment $750 or more would require signature confirmation besides tracking,back then it was $250.
Now Ebay has said $750 include item cost,shipping and SALES TAX,seller ends up paying a higher fee to Paypal but never get to see the sales tax amount.
It is worse if you have an Australian buyer,Australian govt imposed a tariff .cant recall how much,it is more than 10%

Last edited by TGMT²; 09-28-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Can they track the same mac address through multiple user ID's? Is that something to worry about? I haven't seen it mentioned too often. I usually only see people worrying about the IP address.

So do you mean something like this? A cheapo bundle?

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Desktop-...1239727&sr=8-6
Please write something like **WARNING AMAZON LINK** when linking that platform for next posts
Old 09-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Please write something like **WARNING AMAZON LINK** when linking that platform for next posts
Why? We can't post Amazon links here?
Old 09-28-2020
Threadstarter  

So there is something new I just learned. Ebay is now doing taxes & sending tax forms.

Doesn't sound like ebay is worth the trouble anymore. Ebay wasn't worth the trouble years ago but now it sounds even worse. I was thinking about getting back on but now I'm not even gonna bother. Now they're doing taxes & sending tax forms? Yeah, I'm not messing with that hassle.

Years ago I sold a $300 toy to a guy in Canada. I did everything right but he got impatient & couldn't wait for customs to clear. He opened a dispute & ebay immediately sided with him because there was no way to track the item outside the US. So ebay was going to take the $300 from me for the refund. The guy was going to get his toy & the $300 back. Basically I sent him a $300 item for free & I was out the item & out the $300. That was NOT acceptable. So I immediately closed that bank account so they couldn't get the money. That's how you watch your own ass & protect yourself. Nobody else is going to look out for you so you have to protect yourself.

Well, thanks for the info but I'm not gonna mess with ebay ever again. That's what I needed to know. I'm not going to stick my dick in that meat grinder. I'm surprised people still bother selling on that site. It was horrible before but now it sounds like an absolute nightmare.

That's a relief. I can save myself a massive headache by skipping the whole eBay Stealth thing. Now all I have to worry about is getting a new computer. I do nice & easy much better than painful & complicated.

Thanks again for all the replies. I'm gonna go figure something else out. Ebay is definitely NOT for me.
Old 09-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Why? We can't post Amazon links here?
You can post but the warning message helps ppl avoid clicking by accident