Are unbranded legos safe to sell on eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-16-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%
Default Are unbranded legos safe to sell on eBay?

planning to sell these type of products on a brand new account.. eBay even has a category for unbranded building blocks, there are basically replicas made in China, not VeRO but i am worried about the Counterfits eBay Policy.. i've seen many Top Rated sellers selling these type of products but i am just starting my stealth account and want to know if it's safe for me to sell these items
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2020

Longevity: 21%
Default Re: Are unbranded legos safe to sell on eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
planning to sell these type of products on a brand new account.. eBay even has a category for unbranded building blocks, there are basically replicas made in China, not VeRO but i am worried about the Counterfits eBay Policy.. i've seen many Top Rated sellers selling these type of products but i am just starting my stealth account and want to know if it's safe for me to sell these items
I would list it taking my own pictures (cleaning images first) and removing any word related to original item. For example, instead of lego i would use "funny building blocks" and my own short and precise description .
The Following User Says Thank You to Valhalla1 For This Useful Post:
Beowulf (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020
Threadstarter  

Can't take my own pictures because i am dropshipping , lol but i'd obviously list them as unbranded and using the words Building blocks, i am not trying to scam anyone, just asking if it's safe for me as I am using a stealth account that's literally brand new
Old 10-17-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Can't take my own pictures because i am dropshipping , lol but i'd obviously list them as unbranded and using the words Building blocks, i am not trying to scam anyone, just asking if it's safe for me as I am using a stealth account that's literally brand new
Understood. I would use stock pictures and Paint to add some words, i mean customize the pictures. Finally clean metadata. I hope some experts members can provide their considerations regarding your question, but i would list it "Like New Other" and quantity= 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to Valhalla1 For This Useful Post:
Beowulf (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your very detailed answer. That's what I did, also.. Is 40 dls a price that would draw eBay attention?
Old 10-17-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
FOr new accounts, it's advised to stick with no risk items so you can build your accounts.

Unless you want to get experienced off the bat, perhaps make an account you don't really care and see how you do?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Beowulf (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020
Threadstarter  

Thank you, i really care about not losing this account but when I started my first eBay account ( non stealth ) I started dropshipping from Amazon right away and i was also selling unbranded building blocks , nothing ever happend to me . I listed one for $35 , do you think it was a mistake ? I really need some help and i also want to point out I have a supplier so I am not using Aliexpress or Amazon , I mean , if eBay asked for invoices after a few sales I would be able to provide that information , I just don't want to get suspended
Old 10-17-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Thank you, i really care about not losing this account but when I started my first eBay account ( non stealth ) I started dropshipping from Amazon right away and i was also selling unbranded building blocks , nothing ever happend to me . I listed one for $35 , do you think it was a mistake ? I really need some help and i also want to point out I have a supplier so I am not using Aliexpress or Amazon , I mean , if eBay asked for invoices after a few sales I would be able to provide that information , I just don't want to get suspended
You're asking for heavy business consultation - you already listed one, just see how it turns out at this point and make decisions from there
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Beowulf (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020
Threadstarter  

thank you, i am just really scared of eBay at this point. Never had any problem dropshipping right away in my past and first eBay account
Old 10-19-2020

Longevity: 79%

The difference between generic and counterfeit, is the logo. Lego, is a brand, and lego have logos on them. If you use the word Lego in your listing, or the brick have the word Lego on them, then that would be counterfeit or you trying to pass them off as real. Without that, they are generic blocks and there should be zero issue.

PS. it's Lego, not Legos
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
Beowulf (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Thank you so there is nothing risky about dropshipping building blocks .. I am just trying to find out the reason why i am getting a second suspension after I bypass the first one
Old 10-19-2020

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Thank you so there is nothing risky about dropshipping building blocks .. I am just trying to find out the reason why i am getting a second suspension after I bypass the first one
drop shipping in general is the high risk. But there could be any number of reasons why you're getting suspended.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
Beowulf (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
drop shipping in general is the high risk. But there could be any number of reasons why you're getting suspended.
No one knows for sure until you really shared with us your method of making your accounts.
I mentioned this in your other thread.

And then again, a generic "lego" toy has to be stated VERY clearly in the title and description to avoid an IP complaint from Lego.

Hell if they look the same as Lego, it's a no bueno as well.