Managed payments & stealth - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-28-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
Default Managed payments & stealth

I haven't seen my question been addressed, so I will ask it. How exactly will this managed payments work? PayPal can't see your real name on the bank when you add one, so I doubt eBay will be able either. I see people talking about using real information for MP and I am bewildered that I am even seeing this on a website that swears by stealth. You guys give up way to quickly. I haven't needed to sign-up with mp yet because I create new accounts every week but am still curious as to how this will work. As of the present, only time will tell it seems.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Managed payments & stealth

In Canada stealth may still be possible to some extent once MP is implemented for you guys since the tax laws up there haven't quite caught up to e-commerce like they have in the US. For us they're requiring tax ID's upon registration. The fact that Paypal never did that is what made US stealth accounts possible all these years. The traditional method of using a made up identity to register doesn't work with USA MP.

So our options in the US now are to either set up a string of corporations with each company being the "child" of the "parent company" before it (not stealth), or stealing somebody's identity and giving their SSN during registration (not stealth, and illegal).

I haven't given up on anything. I'm just trying to navigate the new system carefully so I don't lose accounts I've spent years building up. If I have to give the real LLC info that I've already had for years to eBay, then so be it.
Old 11-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhdonpimp View Post
I haven't seen my question been addressed, so I will ask it. How exactly will this managed payments work? PayPal can't see your real name on the bank when you add one, so I doubt eBay will be able either. I see people talking about using real information for MP and I am bewildered that I am even seeing this on a website that swears by stealth. You guys give up way to quickly. I haven't needed to sign-up with mp yet because I create new accounts every week but am still curious as to how this will work. As of the present, only time will tell it seems.
Ebay's adyen wing checks with your bank to see if the names match, the bank replies yes or no. They cannot see the name on the account, only if it matches. So unlike paypal, they do check.

Last edited by HurricaneHuntr; 11-28-2020 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I can't make heads or tails of the post above mine. Take some time to organize what you're trying to say.. guy above me. For example "Add your own, and add a business EIN you create. eg. llc as the secondary." makes zero sense. Wtf is that even supposed to mean?

The statement "They can see the name. or at least.. will get a return it's not right, they may not actually see the name." is also false in the USA MP ecosystem, speaking from experience.

I mean, I get trying to market your account selling business but if you have nothing to add then it's kind of annoying for you to make a post. Stick to the intro section for the account seller spam. Spreading misinformation doesn't help anyone.
Sorry you were triggered by my post phaz0rz. My post could of been more clear. Thanks for the heads up, i will have to re-check it.

Edited, does the post in question now meet your standards?
Old 11-28-2020
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I can't make heads or tails of the post above mine. Take some time to organize what you're trying to say.. guy above me. For example "Add your own, and add a business EIN you create. eg. llc as the secondary." makes zero sense. Wtf is that even supposed to mean?

The statement "They can see the name. or at least.. will get a return it's not right, they may not actually see the name." is also false in the USA MP ecosystem, speaking from experience.

I mean, I get trying to market your account selling business but if you have nothing to add then it's kind of annoying for you to make a post. Stick to the intro section for the account seller spam. Spreading misinformation doesn't help anyone.
We're all here to learn buddy. He may be spreading misinformation among the masses, but even still, you could have addressed him more kindly.
Old 11-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Yeah, I apologize Mos. The comment rubbed me the wrong way but I should have stayed calm.
Old 11-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Ebay's adyen wing checks with your bank to see if the names match, the bank replies yes or no. They cannot see the name on the account, only if it matches. So unlike paypal, they do check.
I believe this now happening in the UK but others are saying mis-matched names still work

I'm thinking some banks have not yet signed up to this scheme

I can confirm that Halifax and Lloyds have.

Which banks do not offer this and will they in the future?

We need to rethink our game plans

Old 11-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

To be honest the thing that irked me last night was the way it was stated as fact that "Ebay's adyen wing checks with your bank to see if the names match, the bank replies yes or no." because I know from experience that this isn't the truth. I just hooked my 2nd MP account to a mismatching WF bank account last month. MP has sent about 40 deposits to that mismatching bank account now. Wells Fargo is the 3rd largest financial institution in the USA so if they aren't sending eBay red flags for mismatching names, then I doubt any other bank is. It's got to be something else if people are having problems hooking up their bank account to USA MP.

Everything I can find online is indicating that it's illegal for a bank to share an account owner's name to a 3rd party company. Even if the 3rd party (eBay) asks the bank specifically "does account 44113882112 belong to John Doe?" the most the bank is allowed to say is something like "I can’t confirm whether or not that account number is associated with any specific person."

Last edited by phaz0rz; 11-29-2020 at 09:15 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (11-29-2020), Camaro2SS (12-07-2020), motox33 (12-01-2020)
Old 11-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I have not had any problems with miss matched names and banks. I think the other details are equally or more important.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
motox33 (12-01-2020)
Old 11-29-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%

So neither will be a problem mismatched date of birth when ADYEN checks the bank ...

But does ebay always request ID when opting in managed payments?

What if the date of birth doesn't match the ID with the MO process? (Passport, Driver license, National ID card, ... they all have the DOB on them !

Is it a problem?, because I have many accounts with real names but ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DOBs ...
Old 11-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

No they don't always request ID when you opt in but if they do, the made up DOB is probably going to cause you problems. Only time will tell for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
dune (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020

Quote:
No they don't always request ID when you opt in but if they do, the made up DOB is probably going to cause you problems. Only time will tell for you.
I will submit all real info to eBay when opting into MP (only the DOB is ⊗⊗⊗⊗) and the bank will match my name.

But what I would not like eBay asking me for ID card, passport, driver license as it contains my unique citizen number (kinda SSN)

Then, if my account is suspended for any reason I could always make a new one with different PC user, IP and Bank IBAN

Am I right or will I be asked for ID?

And what about the address on file if it doesn't match with the one on my bank?

Last edited by dune; 11-29-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
To be honest the thing that irked me last night was the way it was stated as fact that "Ebay's adyen wing checks with your bank to see if the names match, the bank replies yes or no." because I know from experience that this isn't the truth. I just hooked my 2nd MP account to a mismatching WF bank account last month. MP has sent about 40 deposits to that mismatching bank account now. Wells Fargo is the 3rd largest financial institution in the USA so if they aren't sending eBay red flags for mismatching names, then I doubt any other bank is. It's got to be something else if people are having problems hooking up their bank account to USA MP.

Everything I can find online is indicating that it's illegal for a bank to share an account owner's name to a 3rd party company. Even if the 3rd party (eBay) asks the bank specifically "does account 44113882112 belong to John Doe?" the most the bank is allowed to say is something like "I can’t confirm whether or not that account number is associated with any specific person."
Did they request a bank check or bank statement? I haven't had any MP lately, but i was an early adopter on one account, now suspended. I had to provide a bank statement then.

At least recently, all the reports i have seen is that if your bank account and your MP account names are different. They will request more information. A lot of people have said Photo ID. Optimally, it's just the bank statement. Maybe i have the requests mixed up. I agree with you on the bank, they aren't giving adyen any specific information about the account, because that would a violation of your privacy. I believe it's mostly like the IR.S that they just say "YES / NO " whether it passes.

Last edited by HurricaneHuntr; 11-29-2020 at 02:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
motox33 (12-01-2020)
Old 11-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I have not had any problems with miss matched names and banks. I think the other details are equally or more important.
Well this is good news. I had an issue early on, and that was bank of America. I also had an issue with a Virtual bank, mov or w/e it's called. I can imagine like mov, they won't allow chime. I can't even get chime bank on my main paypal account that probably has moved a lot. Debit, instantly makes you reset your password i noticed.. at least on one account of mine heh.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
motox33 (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Other details like what?
Old 12-01-2020

Longevity: 24%

are you guys manually entering account information or logging in to your online banking when verifying your bank accounts for managed payments?
Old 12-01-2020

Longevity: 44%

Manually for both my legit and stealth account.
Old 12-02-2020

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Did they request a bank check or bank statement? I haven't had any MP lately, but i was an early adopter on one account, now suspended. I had to provide a bank statement then.

At least recently, all the reports i have seen is that if your bank account and your MP account names are different. They will request more information. A lot of people have said Photo ID. Optimally, it's just the bank statement. Maybe i have the requests mixed up. I agree with you on the bank, they aren't giving adyen any specific information about the account, because that would a violation of your privacy. I believe it's mostly like the IR.S that they just say "YES / NO " whether it passes.
Not quite correct, I had a stealth account that went onto MP, I allowed MP to access the account through the internet login details, they paid me for about 5 days and then I got the failed against the payments and no more deposits were made, I spoke to MP and frankly they were worse than useless. I looked in Payment options in eBay and my wife's name was there as she opened the account we were using for stealth. ebay can not ask directly the banks any bank details owners name, however the software they use to verify the account as genuine sniffs out the internet account creators name (not the account name) and that causes issues.

My easy work around was to go to another bank account I have and when asked what bank it was by eBay I used the option of not listed. They then went back to the old way of verification by depositing 2 payments and I confirm them. That released all monies held by them about $5,000 and I was a happy guy and the account is still working and being paid every day.

So moral of the story when converting over a stealth account to MP do not let them log into the internet banking for verification, just put bank not listed, manually input the details and physically verify. (works for USA users)
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
dune (12-02-2020)
Old 12-02-2020

Do you pass MP if you have real name but ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DOB?
Old 12-02-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhdonpimp View Post
Other details like what?
Name, address, tax number, phone number, etc. ALL other details.
Old 12-03-2020

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 78%

There is an invitation only private forum on eBay for MP and below is a post by eBay about the verification process for the bank from this forum.

Sellers,

We’ve made it easier for you to register for managed payments by introducing a new method to safely verify your bank account using microdeposits.

With this new method, eBay will make two microdeposits in unique amounts to your bank account to verify that we have the correct bank account information for you. The microdeposits will usually post to your bank account within 1-3 business days.

To identify the microdeposits, look for 2 small microdeposits in your account transaction history. Once you receive the deposits, you may return to eBay’s registration site to enter the amounts you received. Once verified, you will receive an email confirming your account. We’ll withdraw the amount of the microdeposits from your bank account typically within 3 business days.

If the amounts you enter do not match eBay’s records, you must verify your account using an alternative verification method.

In addition to microdeposits, you may also link your account directly to your seller account using eBay’s bank log-in feature.

We’re excited to be offering a simpler way for Sellers to verify their bank account for managed payments.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020

Longevity: 24%

Is that for private sellers?