OLD Names - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-02-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default OLD Names

Hi,

Back to square one :(

Since eBay has converted to managed payments have people's names been removed from the black list or is it the same ?

My stealth account today has taken a hit and blocked I've no accounts to generate sales so i am thinking of making a legit account with my own details that have been previously banned a number of years ago,

I am willing to go the extra mile get new address new bank ltd company vat registered it pretty much everything new apart from my name and dob and register everything on the new address?

I will even send it different ID's with different photos, id like to run this account as a proper business and built up on it ?

Would this work, so in essence i like to make a business account as if i was a totally new business on eBay if that makes sense

Has anyone actually done this and now running successful on eBay ?

Other suggestions are welcome.

Such a nightmare this is, not a great way to run a business, ever 6 7 months getting banned.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: OLD Names

Anyone have any input.
Old 12-02-2020

Activity: 14%

What's the reason for your ban ? If it's to do with the items you sell you will put in all that work to only get banned again.
Old 12-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
What's the reason for your ban ? If it's to do with the items you sell you will put in all that work to only get banned again.
I am planning to revamp everything, new business model new items the lot,

wont be selling the same items tbh with you my name was banned years ago on a private account i dont think i was even selling much,

I was just young and stupid and since then its just carried on with me like a bad smell
Old 12-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
How is your stealth business going since this new MP system ?

Thanks
Old 12-02-2020

Longevity: 39%

Personally I am done with ebay and stealth after this NY.. thank god lol
Old 12-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by assad View Post
How is your stealth business going since this new MP system ?

Thanks
Touch wood, it's going well. It's not stealth any more ... real info submitted, accepted and payments coming through fine.

How long will it stay like that ? only they know. I just need to do my bit and keep customers happy and carry on making my taskmasters their fees.
Old 12-02-2020

Quote:
I am planning to revamp everything, new business model new items the lot,

wont be selling the same items tbh with you my name was banned years ago on a private account i dont think i was even selling much,

I was just young and stupid and since then its just carried on with me like a bad smell
Try it one last time.

If I got banned, I would figure out a way. It's my main income. It's all dependent on how important the money is to you. If you have other sources of work then it might be best to call it quits as MP isn't easy to stealth at all.
Old 12-02-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

If your name is listed on the new LTD, then you'd be linked to your previous account. I'm not saying this will lead to a suspension. But you'd be linked to the old account. LTD (in layman's terms) does nothing to shield you these days; at least not since 2017.

I would say at this point, an LTD would just give the legitimacy of your account some sort of reputation /creedence.

Nothing to lose if you go LTD so carry on.

Many banks are looking the other way now so if you're going to do it, try using an agency or an accountant who can get you a limited company alongside a business bank account.

You can always pull the plug within 90 days at no extra costs to you if eBay suspends your account - but I'd rather you hope for the best.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (12-02-2020)
Old 12-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMele1 View Post
Personally I am done with ebay and stealth after this NY.. thank god lol
You must have not been selling big on ebay or it wasnt your main income because for a lot of us ebay is the only option
Old 12-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
If your name is listed on the new LTD, then you'd be linked to your previous account. I'm not saying this will lead to a suspension. But you'd be linked to the old account. LTD (in layman's terms) does nothing to shield you these days; at least not since 2017.

I would say at this point, an LTD would just give the legitimacy of your account some sort of reputation /creedence.

Many banks are looking the other way now so if you're going to do it, try using an agency or an accountant who can get you a limited company alongside a business bank account.

You can always pull the plug within 90 days at no extra costs to you if eBay suspends your account - but I'd rather you hope for the best.

Good luck.
Solid advice there.

This is also my thoughts. The only reason ebay are not booting me off despite being banned on the platform many years ago is because I am LTD which shows I am a serious seller.
Old 12-03-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Good luck.
One thing I dont get is how will they link me with my other account just of my name and DOB everything else will be new and I'm sure there is other people out there with the same name and DOB?
Old 12-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
One thing I dont get is how will they link me with my other account just of my name and DOB everything else will be new and I'm sure there is other people out there with the same name and DOB?
I suppose that's what the identity aspect of the credit search eBay carries out against your name when you open your account is for. Unless you have a twin with identical first, middle and last names, there could only ever be one John Doe with your address history.
Old 12-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I suppose that's what the identity aspect of the credit search eBay carries out against your name when you open your account is for. Unless you have a twin with identical first, middle and last names, there could only ever be one John Doe with your address history.
How do they check the credit check via electrol register? I am not voters register
Old 12-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
How do they check the credit check via electrol register? I am not voters register
Yes, they use the register.
Old 12-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes, they use the register.
What about if I am not voters registered?.
Old 12-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What about if I am not voters registered?.
You'd still be checked against the name you supply and the result will come up nill... But that's exactly how stealth accounts roll.
Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You'd still be checked against the name you supply and the result will come up nill... But that's exactly how stealth accounts roll.
If it comes up as nill is that a red flag or is that when ebay ask for id so on?
Old 12-10-2020

Longevity: 28%

They've linked me twice with LTD's using Directors service addresses and legit different docs and addresses. You can set up the account but I would say its not if but when they decide to ban you. Good luck but I wouldn't say its full proof