Chargebacks on MP, WTF!!! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-16-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Re: Chargebacks on MP, WTF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
My experience with dodgy buyers...

As soon as they raise item not as described they go on my blacklist.

I immediately accept return. The longer these f*CK*rs have your merch the higher the risk is of them actually damaging it. From my experience they have changed their minds and they want you to foot the bill for that pleasure.

Nothing you can do. Just accept the return. It's now a kick in the balls because PayPal doesn't refund the 3% fees either.
Also, they've implemented some new features where they're detecting linked buyers accounts and protecting the sellers to do cancellations of the transactions and also protecting against negative feedbacks where their investigation founds that this is the same buyer who is in seller's block list but buyer created new account to scam the seller again.

This is a change I guess launched may be 6 or more months ago.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-16-2021

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 78%

Managed payments mean eBay have your money and manage it any way they want.

It was the worst thing they have done to the sellers, before top rated seller did not have the money held from their account when a buyer opened a return under PayPal. Now under managed payments they hold the money, millions maybe billions of dollars kicking around in their account until the order has been returned. If a buyer does not return the order in he 16 days they will not close the return out, they want 30 days on it. One time after they refused to close a return after 18 days, I emailed them that I had cancelled the UPS label I sent the buyer as they had exceeded the time and now could no longer return it, eBay immediately closed the return. So the majority of my return labels are UPS and I cancel them after 16 days and just email eBay and inform them and they close the return.

Anyway MP is the worst thing to happen to eBay sellers as I mentioned earlier.
Old 01-16-2021

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
eBay is not the same anymore with managed payments I signed up to managed payments last year November I think it was.

I signed up because eBay are allowing more options for buyers to pay which sounded good to me but I don’t like managed payments one bit.

With PayPal money which went into PayPal was mine instantly and I used the money to pay for postage then withdrawal to my bank.

Managed payments is not like this I have to use my own money not money from sales but my own money to pay for postage.

I’m also having to wait to receive my money so can’t invest in stock till money goes into my account which is a longer time frame.

Since Thursday I’ve got £1500 pending balance and around £190 extra on hold due to buyers not received item or wanting to return the item.

The thing is I won’t get all this £1500 on Monday either it will be broken down so Tuesday will eventually get all.

Definitely not a fan of managed payments but it’s the business I’m in so have to accept it and the changes eBay made.
ok but, paypal also holds money for cases? So MP wouldn't change that. As far as the pending balance. Well. yeah, not the most fun, but mine is released in 24 hours, so it hasn't been much of an issue. So 24-48 hours till a payment made for a purchase, is put into my account

Also, pretty sure postage comes out of the money in MP's, so just the same as if it came out of paypal. So what's the difference for you here? I'm confused.
Old 01-16-2021

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Managed payments mean eBay have your money and manage it any way they want.

It was the worst thing they have done to the sellers, before top rated seller did not have the money held from their account when a buyer opened a return under PayPal. Now under managed payments they hold the money, millions maybe billions of dollars kicking around in their account until the order has been returned. If a buyer does not return the order in he 16 days they will not close the return out, they want 30 days on it. One time after they refused to close a return after 18 days, I emailed them that I had cancelled the UPS label I sent the buyer as they had exceeded the time and now could no longer return it, eBay immediately closed the return. So the majority of my return labels are UPS and I cancel them after 16 days and just email eBay and inform them and they close the return.

Anyway MP is the worst thing to happen to eBay sellers as I mentioned earlier.
that was a hit and miss. I was top rated, and my money was held for returns 90% of the time.

And isn't the money held by ebay, actually held by ayden? Not ebay? Ayden is the processor.

I'm not sure what happens to that money tho. I always thought it had to be held in escrow, just as your landlord can't put your deposit in his own account and make money on it.
Old 01-16-2021

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 67%

eBay uk postage doesn’t come out of managed payments they don’t have that feature so you have to use upfront money without selling first to post the item which is no good.

Yes PayPal could hold a transaction but as soon as you got a sale it would cover it and you can withdrawal the money instantly.

All I see now in managed payments is loads of money in processing payments and around 10% money on hold from eBay and nothing in my bank so can’t re invest in stock till Tuesday and if another case is opened as Covid is still around that would be deducted from processing payments. It’s crap some people like it some don’t but I have to accept it as it’s the business I’m involved in.

Last edited by samspalace; 01-16-2021 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2021

Thanked 1,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Activity: 80%
Longevity: 33%

Ebay MP is like AMZN One Click,it makes money instead of letting Paypal makes money.
Old 01-17-2021

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
ok but, paypal also holds money for cases? So MP wouldn't change that. As far as the pending balance. Well. yeah, not the most fun, but mine is released in 24 hours, so it hasn't been much of an issue. So 24-48 hours till a payment made for a purchase, is put into my account

Also, pretty sure postage comes out of the money in MP's, so just the same as if it came out of paypal. So what's the difference for you here? I'm confused.
Thanks for replying to my comment the difference here is on eBay uk postage does not come out of managed payments they don’t have that feature yet so I’m always using upfront money to pay for postage as money is processing in managed payments and also the difference is from Thursday to Sunday money doesn’t hit my account till Monday and Tuesday so theirs a 6 day delay in getting all my money from Thursday to Sunday so theirs a delay in purchasing stock where as PayPal I was paid instantly and could use money from sale to pay for postage and get stock straight away. Just not a fan of it at all.