Received 2 emails from dhl shall I reply to these? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-01-2021

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%
Default Received 2 emails from dhl shall I reply to these?

Hi everyone,

Back again with another post. I’ve emailed dhl about a parcel on hold in Germany Leipzig since Thursday 28th January. Estimated delivery should of been Friday 29th January.

Here are the emails I received. First email.

Dear Name,

Thank you for contacting DHL Express.

I can confirm that the shipment is currently on hold in one of our sorting facilities due to a delay that has occurred. Please be assured that we will forward your shipment on the next available rotation which should be this evening.

Please may I kindly advise you continue to monitor online via our website www.dhl.co.uk

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you are a sole trader or business customer and ship at least 6 times per year outside of the UK and would like to see if a DHL account would benefit you please respond to this email and we can arrange for our sales team to contact you directly.

Kind regards
Name
Customer Service Advisor

Second email.

Dear Name,

Thank you for emailing DHL Express.

I’m really sorry but due to the length of time your shipment has not received a scan and we need to investigate further.

Please can you confirm the following details to enable me to initiate a trace on this shipment? Your contact details, shipment contents, how many pieces, weight, dimensions, (length*width*height) of the package, value and a description of the packaging?

Again, I would like to reiterate my apologies for this inconvenience.

If you ship internationally on a regular basis you may be eligible for a DHL Account! This is completely free and brings many benefits, such as an Account Manager, DHL Packaging and preferential rates based on how much you ship! If this is something that would interest you, please feel free to express interest and I or one of my colleagues will pass your details to our Accounts team who will be in contact.

Kind regards
Name
Customer Service Advisor

Shall I reply to the second email I don’t want to but would like anyone’s opinion on it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
Default Re: Received 2 emails from dhl shall I reply to these?

Uhhh why wouldn't you? They're just asking about the size/weight and what's in it. If it's something that's not supposed to be shipped just don't tell them what's in it.
Old 02-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Why wouldn't you want to respond?
Are you importing anything you shouldn't or has your supplier reduced values to save you taxes?

Other than these, I don't see why you wouldn't respond to their request for information right away.
Old 02-01-2021

Longevity: 27%

It's just delayed a little, sit on your hands. Nothing unusual, this is now commonplace.
Old 02-01-2021
Threadstarter  

The reason why I asked or wasn’t sure about responding is because the parcel contains phake goods and I didn’t want to tell them that.

The parcel is also undervalued as well which I don’t know why my supplier under valued the parcel as I’m always happy to pay customs but he said he charges same price for package size and doesn’t have issues with other customers. It’s just happened to be me.

The first email said it will leave dhl this evening but nothing is happening still on hold.
Old 02-01-2021
Threadstarter  

It’s like they want my name and address and what’s inside the parcel and if I tell them my details and what’s in it and they open it or might of opened it already then they might blacklist my address which I don’t want to happen. The products are really good tho not one complaint from a customer I have sold them to literally like the real thing.
Old 02-01-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
It’s like they want my name and address and what’s inside the parcel and if I tell them my details and what’s in it and they open it or might of opened it already then they might blacklist my address which I don’t want to happen. The products are really good tho not one complaint from a customer I have sold them to literally like the real thing.
Are they Apple products??

Hey won't blacklist your address. They're just delayed. Just respond but don't tell them what's in it and don't tell them your address if you don't want to.
Old 02-01-2021
Threadstarter  

No their not Apple products but are a well known brand but the copy is identical and pretty much flawless if I’m honest. I’m still thinking about this as leaving my name and address isnt sitting well with me at the moment.

Theirs only 10pcs in the box so it’s not a lot but each piece weighs around 2.5kg. So it’s sold as medium parcel on eBay.
Old 02-01-2021

Or you can try giving them a call as well.
Old 02-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyhero1002 View Post
Or you can try giving them a call as well.
Yeah was thinking about calling them up and if they say what’s in it say none branded item so (plain tshirts example) not tshirts I’m selling but say that to them but my gut is telling me to try and avoid those questions but answer the obvious ones if that makes sense. I’m a nervous wreck not gonna lie lol.
Old 02-01-2021
Threadstarter  

What do you guys think of this email to reply back to dhl?

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. I received an email earlier saying my parcel will be rotated for shipment this evening but it hasn’t occurred and parcel is still on hold in Leipzig Germany since Thursday 28th January.

I’ve also received this email so I’m responding in accordance to the email.

The tracking number for the parcel is 1234567.

Item quantity 10 product samples.

Packaging 1pc in 1 brown box total boxes 10pcs.

Package weight 26kg

I’m not sure of dimensions I’m sorry about that.

Value of each item is $8 total $80.

I hope this helps. Please could you let me know when you have located my parcel and when it will be dispatched to me.

What do you guys think of this reply to dhl?