eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Seemless MP transition using real name/brank credentials...add real address to Ebay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/141794-seemless-mp-transition-using-real-name-brank-credentials-add-real-address-ebay.html)

ninjastyle10 02-01-2021 06:58 PM

Seemless MP transition using real name/brank credentials...add real address to Ebay?

So like many others, I added my real bank account under my real name in order to transition to Managed Payments, and miraculously everything transferred over to Ebay just fine and I've been selling without issue for almost 2 months now.

Since it's far easier to print labels directly through Ebay instead of paying a monthly fee to Shipstation and plugging in tracking numbers manually, is it SAFE to add my real address to my Ebay account in order to print labels and accept returns to my real address?

Of course my real name and this address are associated with accounts that were permanently banned 3 years ago (hence why I'm now on stealth), but I'm asking because Managed Payments and Ebay somehow allowed my real bank account info to pass without issue.

However, I'm curious if adding my real address to Ebay might trigger something.

Any input is appreciated, thank you.

Shadyhero1002 02-01-2021 07:38 PM

Re: Seemless MP transition using real name/brank credentials...add real address to Eb

Better safe not to add it incase it does. Better safe than sorry.

solefoodbk 02-02-2021 12:40 AM

Re: Seemless MP transition using real name/brank credentials...add real address to Eb

If its the same address you used before I wouldn't risk it. I think its because its a separate ID check like how Etsy does it they don't cross reference their banned list. Then again, I have already reused suspended EIN's and names with both eBay and Paypal that were about 4+ years old and haven't had any problems whatsoever so I'm not really sure how much information is retained over time. At some point they discard it I think.

ninjastyle10 02-02-2021 12:53 AM

^^ Thank you both, sirs!

Makes perfect sense, and it's probably better to be safe than sorry.

I actually think I'll just continue to use the fictional address to print out labels from ebay, as most of the stuff I send is of negligible value anyways, and I haven't had any issues with undelivered items...yet.

HurricaneHuntr 02-02-2021 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjastyle10 (Post 1139657)
So like many others, I added my real bank account under my real name in order to transition to Managed Payments, and miraculously everything transferred over to Ebay just fine and I've been selling without issue for almost 2 months now.

Since it's far easier to print labels directly through Ebay instead of paying a monthly fee to Shipstation and plugging in tracking numbers manually, is it SAFE to add my real address to my Ebay account in order to print labels and accept returns to my real address?

Of course my real name and this address are associated with accounts that were permanently banned 3 years ago (hence why I'm now on stealth), but I'm asking because Managed Payments and Ebay somehow allowed my real bank account info to pass without issue.

However, I'm curious if adding my real address to Ebay might trigger something.

Any input is appreciated, thank you.

if you didn't change your address before, i wouldn't now.

CaptainComedown 02-02-2021 04:35 AM

I wouldn't recommend it! Too risky, especially since everything is going smoothly at the moment. I have just finished moving house, in preparation for MP becoming mandatory in the UK. I figured the only way around it was to change my address for real

dune 02-03-2021 12:11 AM

Anyway, is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ adress valid for managed payments?

solefoodbk 02-05-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjastyle10 (Post 1139690)
^^ Thank you both, sirs!

Makes perfect sense, and it's probably better to be safe than sorry.

I actually think I'll just continue to use the fictional address to print out labels from ebay, as most of the stuff I send is of negligible value anyways, and I haven't had any issues with undelivered items...yet.

The best option for this is paying for a UPS mailbox IMO. That is what I have used for all my businesses. You can add a suite and it works like a charm and is a real address as opposed to a PO BOX. If you are making good money with the account its worth the investment.