Expecting the worse to happen! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-02-2021

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 67%
Default Expecting the worse to happen!

Hi everyone,

I’m expecting the worse to happen with my DHL parcel which has been on hold since Thursday 28th January.

If it’s opened and parcel seized then my address will no longer be able to accept new stock to the address.

I do have a plan B tho. I was thinking of using same name but different address on parcel and when it’s processing change delivery on tracking to another DHL facility.

The idea came to mind as I work in a day job and also sell in my spare time and today I knew I wouldn’t be at home to receive a parcel. So I selected a dhl facility and drove their to pick the parcel up.

This is what I’m thinking of doing if my parcel gets seized. Select a new address but select a DHL facility to go and pick the parcel up. Baring in mind you can select a few facility’s and not same one.

When I went to the facility they asked for ID so gave them my driving licence obviously if I change address on new parcels my driving licence won’t match up so wondering if they would accept my passport instead but do you think they would want a utility bill as well?

It might not come down to this but have to think outside the box if it does happen.

As always appreciate all your comments.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-02-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Re: Expecting the worse to happen!

they won't tell you anything if it's a different address, they just deliver packages, it doesn't have to match your name and adress.
Old 02-02-2021

Longevity: 19%

Just get a PO Box if you really want to.
Old 02-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papapad View Post
they won't tell you anything if it's a different address, they just deliver packages, it doesn't have to match your name and adress.
Indeed this is so
Old 02-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your replies.

I have ordered another 2 parcels to my address so I will see if they transfer through Germany Leipzig if not I will try plan B to see if it works with just a passport for ID.
Old 02-03-2021

Longevity: 27%

I still think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Stop being impatient and wait. All you're doing is attracting unwanted attention to yourself by pestering them. Shipments are being delayed - live with it.

(might make sense to add to one existing thread rather than making new ones, folk will forget what you've been discussing)
Old 02-03-2021
Threadstarter  

I do apologise and I may be making a meal out of this situation it’s never happened to me before but I am sorry just worried as you can probably tell already.
Old 02-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Update on my parcel it’s in Germany customs for investigation. If everything will be okay than parcel will leave and move to the UK.

It’s copy product of original product so do any of you guys think this parcel will be seized?

I personally think it’s game over but as anyone had a copy product opened up in germany Leipzig and seized?
Old 02-03-2021

Longevity: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Update on my parcel it’s in Germany customs for investigation. If everything will be okay than parcel will leave and move to the UK.

It’s copy product of original product so do any of you guys think this parcel will be seized?

I personally think it’s game over but as anyone had a copy product opened up in germany Leipzig and seized?
Just gotta be patient and see, there is no telling. I'd say you got a 50/50 chance.
Old 02-03-2021

Longevity: 31%

Quote:

Germany does not have the authority to size products addressed to UK. If the item did not arrive to UK yet you do not need to worry about anything (yet). Also if an item goes to the customs it will say so in the tracking (proceceed for clearance). If it just says On hold and awaiting the next scheduled movement it is just a delay.

In general I do not recomend using DHL to UK if you have something to hide. Use EMS instead. the risk that customs check it is way smaller
Old 02-04-2021
Threadstarter  

I’ve read stories that German customs have seized parcels in their country and they will most likely seize my parcel.

I’m trying to not worry about it and just wait for the next move.

I appreciate every single comment help and support so thank you everyone.
Old 02-05-2021

Quote:
I’ve read stories that German customs have seized parcels in their country and they will most likely seize my parcel.

I’m trying to not worry about it and just wait for the next move.

I appreciate every single comment help and support so thank you everyone.
If you want you can send me the tracking in PM, or a screenshot where you censor the tracking and the movement is seen, so i can tell you for sure what is happening. I send more than 10 parcels daily with DHL
Old 02-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Sam’

Reread this thread. https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...g-parcels.html

Your special items *coughs* could well come under inspection. Your seller has started the trap since you mention the duty is less than true value.Customs are many things but not idiots.

Best wishes
Old 02-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbur View Post
If you want you can send me the tracking in PM, or a screenshot where you censor the tracking and the movement is seen, so i can tell you for sure what is happening. I send more than 10 parcels daily with DHL
The tracking says on hold shipment is awaiting next available movement it’s been like it since Thursday 28th January. It’s been opened by customs so I know it’s going to be seized and most likely a letter from trading standards.
Old 02-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Sam’

Reread this thread. https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...g-parcels.html

Your special items *coughs* could well come under inspection. Your seller has started the trap since you mention the duty is less than true value.Customs are many things but not idiots.

Best wishes
Thank you for the link I will read it. I don’t know why my supplier decided to value a 26kg parcel for $80 I didn’t tell him to do that, that’s probably a reason why customs wanted to open it. It’s a £900 parcel 10 electronic China specials retails around £250 each.

Last edited by samspalace; 02-05-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

It's not really worth the hassles and potential issues with ordering branded items for import these days, companies are getting more strict etc.. If anything, use a courier to receive and then dispatch to you. They have many more shipping clearances than you a residential individual do.
Old 02-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
It's not really worth the hassles and potential issues with ordering branded items for import these days, companies are getting more strict etc.. If anything, use a courier to receive and then dispatch to you. They have many more shipping clearances than you a residential individual do.
Yeah your right as carriers do seem to work. I know what I should of done I shouldn’t of got 10 shipped to me I should of ordered from a few sellers like 2pcs each as I was doing that before using carriers and dhl but obviously price comes down if you order more which is why I ordered more. Hopefully I will get a refund from my supplier if the item does get seized so I wouldn’t lose out.

If I get a letter I’m going to say I ordered 10 plain electronics and was surprised to hear the package contained branded items it’s not come to that yet but that’s what I will probably say. I’ve got other parcels coming so will be interesting to see if I receive these other parcels now.
Old 02-07-2021

Quote:
The tracking says on hold shipment is awaiting next available movement it’s been like it since Thursday 28th January. It’s been opened by customs so I know it’s going to be seized and most likely a letter from trading standards.
that's not related to customs.
Old 02-07-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbur View Post
that's not related to customs.
Okay that’s what uk dhl have told me they said they spoke to dhl Germany and they said it’s in German customs for inspection.

If it’s not in German customs then where is it? Tracking still hasn’t changed since Thursday 28th January.