eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How did a supplier find out about me? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/142239-how-did-supplier-find-out-about-me.html)

Elohim12 02-24-2021 03:00 PM

How did a supplier find out about me?

I have been selling a product and a couple months ago the distributor found out that I had been selling their products via ebay. So they sent me an email telling me to stop.

What is the typical process for distributors finding out? Is there a way to find out a sellers information from ebay? Or did they purchase my product and search up my name on their catalog from the shipping label? I know this dispute has not been taken up with the higher ups at ebay because my account is still in good standing.

Any opinions or answers would be appreciated.

agent006140 02-24-2021 03:21 PM

Re: How did a supplier find out about me?

all of the above.
When Tiffany took Ebay to court for false advertising(allowing knockoff and counterfeits to be sold on Ebay),it lost the case as the judge said it is the manufacturer to pursue and act on such practice,but Ebay has to co-operate,so it would disclose the seller infor when asked

Elohim12 02-24-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1143332)
all of the above.
When Tiffany took Ebay to court for false advertising(allowing knockoff and counterfeits to be sold on Ebay),it lost the case as the judge said it is the manufacturer to pursue and act on such practice,but Ebay has to co-operate,so it would disclose the seller infor when asked

So I have been using a friends ebay account (Account A), and paired it when a stealth paypal (account B), which is linked to MY personal bank (account C).

Is account A at most risk if i repeat the process again?

HurricaneHuntr 02-24-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elohim12 (Post 1143328)
I have been selling a product and a couple months ago the distributor found out that I had been selling their products via ebay. So they sent me an email telling me to stop.

What is the typical process for distributors finding out? Is there a way to find out a sellers information from ebay? Or did they purchase my product and search up my name on their catalog from the shipping label? I know this dispute has not been taken up with the higher ups at ebay because my account is still in good standing.

Any opinions or answers would be appreciated.

Any of the above, cease immediately. Before you become one of these...
https://www.docketbird.com/court-cas...:2020-cv-00714

You don't want to be on the "schedule A" list.

You'll have to get a lawyer.... and then try to get a settlement.. I know a guy who was on a schedule A.. He paid $1500 to a lawyer to get it taken care of, if he didn't respond, you get defaulted and when you get defaulted it could be 100s of thousands. If it's a pure stealth and during discovery paypal or ebay could potentially give them your banking details. even if stealth that is.

HurricaneHuntr 02-24-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elohim12 (Post 1143343)
So I have been using a friends ebay account (Account A), and paired it when a stealth paypal (account B), which is linked to MY personal bank (account C).

Is account A at most risk if i repeat the process again?

All of the above. The cease and desist emails could be just talk, but is it worth it? Find something else to sell. It also depends if the item you're selling is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or not.