eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Not sure common Knowledge - Switching registration countries - (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/142348-not-sure-common-knowledge-switching-registration-countries.html)

HurricaneHuntr 03-04-2021 12:08 AM

Not sure common Knowledge - Switching registration countries -

1. Create USA account, or any other country

2. change the address of the account after say 3-4 weeks to new country and address

3. Live chat reps and ask them to switch your registration country.

Voila

lally6677 03-07-2021 08:45 AM

Re: Not sure common Knowledge - Switching registration countries -

Hi,

Does this cause any issues with suspensions?

Do accounts keep the same limits?

agent006140 03-07-2021 11:09 AM

Did the Ebay rep change the country of your Ebay account?
It is my understanding you have to open a new account

HurricaneHuntr 03-07-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lally6677 (Post 1144695)
Hi,

Does this cause any issues with suspensions?

Do accounts keep the same limits?

yes nothing changes but registration site

HurricaneHuntr 03-07-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1144712)
Did the Ebay rep change the country of your Ebay account?
It is my understanding you have to open a new account

yes the registration country changes. no new account is needed

Sausage 03-07-2021 08:13 PM

I have done this on two accounts recently via chat and had no problems.

rsot 03-08-2021 05:13 AM

The elegance of simplicity :)

inneedofhelp 03-12-2021 09:32 AM

Are you suggesting this as a way to avoid MP?

HurricaneHuntr 03-12-2021 09:37 AM

No there is noway to avoid managed payments. Ebay is going to collect money from sales and disburse it. That's the future.

dlm5star 03-22-2021 08:59 PM

Bare with me guys if I sound dumb, I just don't want to mess up lol.

I have a U.K. account, I need to change my address to Thailand (and bank account due to managed payments).

My DSRs are above standard for U.K....but restricted elsewhere...can't list outside my "home" country (currently set to UK).

If I change my address/bank to Thailand will I still be the same, I.e. home site/registered to eBay U.K. and above standard..or will they force me over to .com and cause me issues due to the restrictions.

Will my "home country" become Thailand (so I can only list within Thai) or will I still be able to list to the UK?

Any help appreciated.

Sausage 03-22-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlm5star (Post 1146642)
Bare with me guys if I sound dumb, I just don't want to mess up lol.

I have a U.K. account, I need to change my address to Thailand (and bank account due to managed payments).

My DSRs are above standard for U.K....but restricted elsewhere...can't list outside my "home" country (currently set to UK).

If I change my address/bank to Thailand will I still be the same, I.e. home site/registered to eBay U.K. and above standard..or will they force me over to .com and cause me issues due to the restrictions.

Will my "home country" become Thailand (so I can only list within Thai) or will I still be able to list to the UK?

Any help appreciated.

You will stay on the UK site with an address as Thailand but you will have to add a Thai Paypal account and bank.

Paypal Thailand are not accepting any new accounts, so you will have to accept MP and again that would be via a Thai bank.

I have two accounts the same and both are being asked to join MP by the end of the month, so it would serve as no advantage to you to change country.

dlm5star 03-22-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sausage (Post 1146647)
You will stay on the UK site with an address as Thailand but you will have to add a Thai Paypal account and bank.

Paypal Thailand are not accepting any new accounts, so you will have to accept MP and again that would be via a Thai bank.

I have two accounts the same and both are being asked to join MP by the end of the month, so it would serve as no advantage to you to change country.

That's fine, as long as it stays as U.K. site and doesn't affect me listing.
I already have a Thai PayPal and bank account (for the last 8-9 years).

I'm being switched over to managed payments anyway...no choice.
Unfortunately I no longer have a U.K. bank account, do I'd be screwed...hence I have to change my U.K. address over to my Thai address so I can use my account.

Sausage 03-22-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlm5star (Post 1146648)
That's fine, as long as it stays as U.K. site and doesn't affect me listing.
I already have a Thai PayPal and bank account (for the last 8-9 years).

I'm being switched over to managed payments anyway...no choice.
Unfortunately I no longer have a U.K. bank account, do I'd be screwed...hence I have to change my U.K. address over to my Thai address so I can use my account.

You'll be fine.

Only thing is your UK account will be under SEA eBay, but you will stay on the UK site. You need to keep an eye on SEA Policy because they don't tell you when a policy changes, you get no emails, and instantly ban you if you've not gone with their guidelines.

dlm5star 03-22-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sausage (Post 1146650)
You'll be fine.

Only thing is your UK account will be under SEA eBay, but you will stay on the UK site. You need to keep an eye on SEA Policy because they don't tell you when a policy changes, you get no emails, and instantly ban you if you've not gone with their guidelines.

OK cool, main thing I was concerned about was the restrictions already on it. Be pointless swapping it to a Thai address if I could only sell within Thailand.

dlm5star 03-22-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sausage (Post 1146650)
You'll be fine.

Just thought I'd ask as you have knowledge of Thai eBay specifically.
I have another eBay account, registered in Thailand...with Thai PayPal, bank account.
Only has a couple feedbacks as I haven't used it in so long. was originally going to gradually build it up just in case (wish I had now).
Would it be better building that one up, rather than changing and risking my U.K. account (never know, I may go back to the U.K. at some point).
How long does it take to lift selling limits etc. on a Thai account?
Really appreciate your help and knowledge.

Sausage 03-23-2021 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlm5star (Post 1146654)
Just thought I'd ask as you have knowledge of Thai eBay specifically.
I have another eBay account, registered in Thailand...with Thai PayPal, bank account.
Only has a couple feedbacks as I haven't used it in so long. was originally going to gradually build it up just in case (wish I had now).
Would it be better building that one up, rather than changing and risking my U.K. account (never know, I may go back to the U.K. at some point).
How long does it take to lift selling limits etc. on a Thai account?
Really appreciate your help and knowledge.

Selling limits work the same, ask for an increase every 30 days, I always go through UK chat with no problems.