eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Tiktok advert showing selling a mobile - stooopid idiots (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/142477-tiktok-advert-showing-selling-mobile-stooopid-idiots.html)

starengine 03-12-2021 10:26 AM

Tiktok advert showing selling a mobile - stooopid idiots

I saw a tiktok ad.
3 celebrities take a pic of a mobile phone and list on ebay and make money.
Wonderful.

Stoopid f***ing wan*ers.
If you are new to ebay and have never used, if you try to sell a mobile phone, there's a very very good chance you get a lifetime ban.

I once had a 'newish' ebay account. I had bought a few items.
With another ebay account, I bought a refurbished camera from the manufacturer selling on ebay.
I listed on my new ebay account.
1 day later banned.

I had NOTHING to hide. I had never ever done anything wrong on ebay. (You'll have to take my word for that.)
I called up ebay, They said to send them receipts. I said no need, just look at my other account where I bought FROM ebay. Gimp customer service agent said: no, we need proof. I said, OK! I printed off the ebay and Paypal emails showing I had purchased.

Like a lightning bolt, I was allowed back on ebay! There is a God out there after all! Yee ha!
I relisted the camera.
10 minutes later - I got a lifetime ban on that ebay account.

I called again. I spoke to Gimp after gimp - all said "we are slaves of the great master in the sky called ebay and the bible says you are banned for life - we cannot consider anything else like your explanations and apply common sense".

Just thought I would share. 🙂

rsot 03-13-2021 05:01 AM

Re: Tiktok advert showing selling a mobile - stooopid idiots

Rough experience to share

james_112233 03-13-2021 07:11 AM

Pretty much summed up high value selling on ebay ...

It's a platform that works on trust. There is already enough good sellers so ebay throttle it by banning people with a "lack" of experience.

You need to work your way up to selling high ticket items. Prove you can deliver on time, provide perfect customer service, troubleshoot problems etc.

Once that is proven only then are you worthy of selling high value items.

So always start of selling low value.

james_112233 03-13-2021 07:19 AM

I should also add it helps if you know about the category you sell in.

i.e. I like to sell phones and occasionally laptops

Knowing the ins & outs of what i'm selling. I can change the mind of a buyer by taking out 15 mins of my time with a phone call explaining how to use the item. Or exchanging messages on ebay (preferred).

Ebay see this. You probably think they don't but they do ...

When they see you have a low return rate or people open returns but close it because you fixed the issue. They increase your monthly allowances, put your items at the top of the ebay search rankings etc.

I'm confident about that ... but could be wrong. But that's just my experience.

CaptainComedown 03-13-2021 08:49 AM

99% of Ebay's decisions are made by students in call-centres and it really shows. I don't even bother contacting customer service anymore, they are absolutely clueless. I even had one idiot in Dublin arguing with me that she was an "expert" on the subject at hand. I just laughed at her, imagine working in a callcentre and thinking you're an expert at anything, just plain embarrassing lmao

rsot 03-14-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainComedown (Post 1145441)
99% of Ebay's decisions are made by students in call-centres and it really shows. I don't even bother contacting customer service anymore, they are absolutely clueless. I even had one idiot in Dublin arguing with me that she was an "expert" on the subject at hand. I just laughed at her, imagine working in a callcentre and thinking you're an expert at anything, just plain embarrassing lmao

Morning chuckle - ah the "value" of these call centre agents...

starengine 03-14-2021 08:32 AM

@james_112233 The fundamental flaws in your replies that you are applying common sense and logic. In the ebay matrix, this does not exist.

Do you really think a dumb average person will work slowly and build their account up?
He'll just go stick up his iPhone 11, that rich mum and dad bought him, and try and flog on ebay for $200 - BANG!! Mr idiot ebay will ban him and his household for life for being international terrorists that deserve being put in jail forever!

The ad made me laugh. Stoopid ebay.

moderntrends 03-16-2021 12:39 PM

This is true. The average consumer isn't going to go through with all of this which is why eBay is losing compared its competitors and new marketplaces like Mercari and Offerup, Amazon, etc. They need to change it up, fast before it ends up killing them.

james_112233 03-16-2021 01:47 PM

They are most definitely losing sellers. Not sure about buyers.

All those TV adverts tells you they are desperate.

SaiJin 03-16-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moderntrends (Post 1145794)
This is true. The average consumer isn't going to go through with all of this which is why eBay is losing compared its competitors and new marketplaces like Mercari and Offerup, Amazon, etc. They need to change it up, fast before it ends up killing them.

Not sure about mercari and offerup vs eBay, but amazon for sure.

I still see eBay as #2 overall

ebaystealth1974 03-17-2021 01:17 PM

There are tons of people selling their high-dollar electronic device with brand new accounts that don't get banned. But these people have all real details. None of this made up stealth shiit. Big difference!

starengine 03-17-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 1145907)
There are tons of people selling their high-dollar electronic device with brand new accounts that don't get banned. But these people have all real details. None of this made up stealth shiit. Big difference!

There must be an ebay logic code somewhere.
I do think the model is fundamentally flawed.
'Some' people may well get away with flogging an iphone 12 for $200 (foolish inexperienced seller of course)...
But I would argue that a big number... maybe 50%? (Just guessing) get a lifetime ban.

As I said in my post: I showed the a**holes proof of my purchase (which was FROM ebay and bought from the ACTUAL manufacturer), but the rules said 'ban this person for life with no appeal', Mr Gimp customer service agent couldn't give a flying f*ck, his bible said to ban.

ebaystealth1974 03-17-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starengine (Post 1145921)
There must be an ebay logic code somewhere.
I do think the model is fundamentally flawed.
'Some' people may well get away with flogging an iphone 12 for $200 (foolish inexperienced seller of course)...
But I would argue that a big number... maybe 50%? (Just guessing) get a lifetime ban.

Yeah, who knows what percentage gets through unscathed. It's all about trust/risk.

Odds are, you have BS/sketchy info on record.

muzzie 03-26-2022 12:01 PM

People making ads for EB have no clue how EB works.

Soulofinfamy 03-26-2022 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1188170)

Its kind of those guys that sold snake oil back in the day to cure ailments. Do you have a headaches? Take snake oil!!!! Are you crippled... and unable to walk... SNAKE OIL! Do you want to make easy money online? SNAKE OIL!

rsot 03-28-2022 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulofinfamy (Post 1188171)
Its kind of those guys that sold snake oil back in the day to cure ailments. Do you have a headaches? Take snake oil!!!! Are you crippled... and unable to walk... SNAKE OIL! Do you want to make easy money online? SNAKE OIL!

Those scams still exist because of the presence of gullibity

phaz0rz 03-28-2022 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulofinfamy (Post 1188171)

Snake oil really does help all of those ailments though, and many, many more. :laugh:

SaiJin 03-28-2022 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1188170)

Let alone tiktokers . Seen those dumbass kids called Island bois?

Like they say... money, wealth etc can be made but you just can't buy class