eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay Asking for Verified contact number to activate teh account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/142974-ebay-asking-verified-contact-number-activate-teh-account.html)

ecommvida 04-15-2021 03:12 PM

Ebay Asking for Verified contact number to activate teh account

Hello Guys,

So i created ab ebay USA account from Canada, and when tried to list the first item, it asked for some information which i provided and then it said ebay is not able to verify the information.

Contacted the ebay help line and they said they cant verify my number, the number i have on account is USA number from app called Text Free. I am able to login to ebay with this number and also enabled 2 factors authentication using this number which is working fine,

But ebay support keeps asking to provide a verified contact number only then they will be able to activate the account,,

any idea how I am doing wrong here?

dopedan 04-15-2021 04:13 PM

Re: Ebay Asking for Verified contact number to activate teh account

Text Free is a VoIP number, which is a big no-no when making a new eBay account. They can detect VoIP numbers, and it will cause your account to have very low limits, or not able to sell at all (like your situation).

You need to use a genuine real US phone number. There are places online that sell this service.

ecommvida 04-15-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dopedan (Post 1149441)
Text Free is a VoIP number, which is a big no-no when making a new eBay account. They can detect VoIP numbers, and it will cause your account to have very low limits, or not able to sell at all (like your situation).

You need to use a genuine real US phone number. There are places online that sell this service.

would you recommend any such place to get a US phone number?>

slokor 04-15-2021 05:07 PM

Any store that sells a burner phone.
Plenty of them around starting with Bestbuy to the big 3 cellular providers (Robelus). The cheaper companies would probably be preferable.

ecommvida 04-15-2021 05:11 PM

Thanks for the reply,, i am in Canada, not USA..

SaiJin 04-15-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecommvida (Post 1149437)
Hello Guys,

So i created ab ebay USA account from Canada, and when tried to list the first item, it asked for some information which i provided and then it said ebay is not able to verify the information.

Contacted the ebay help line and they said they cant verify my number, the number i have on account is USA number from app called Text Free. I am able to login to ebay with this number and also enabled 2 factors authentication using this number which is working fine,

But ebay support keeps asking to provide a verified contact number only then they will be able to activate the account,,

I'm actually surprised that you haven't gotten in trouble for using text free since it's a known abused app.

Either way, I believe we have some one in the marketplace that offers a phone service if I recall, you should check that section

MF9 04-16-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecommvida (Post 1149437)
Hello Guys,

You have to get a paid phone number.
Ebay do not allow voip numbers.