Is my supplier genuine or not? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-02-2021

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%
Default Is my supplier genuine or not?

Hi everyone,

I buy all stock from China which are branded items. I’ve been selling a product for a long time which comes with warranty at first I thought this product was a replica and not original but it can be registered on the branded website.

Interestingly I spoke to my supplier today and asked if this other branded products serial number can be registered on their branded website they say yes no problem they send me a picture of the code and I register the item for guarantee on this product as well.

To note a lot of sellers sell these products but not a lot of them can have their items registered for warranty.

But what baffles me is these products are brought very cheaply yet come with company warranty and gaurantee sold for a lot more and customers are happy so I don’t know if they are genuine or not all I know is they’re being registered on the main websites.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Is my supplier genuine or not?

Lol, tread carefully. I don't know what type of products you're selling but someone who isn't me has been in the same boat before with "clarisonic" products. (Mia's) It turns out their website would accept any serial number you put in, even if it had already been registered. You could even put the same serial # multiple times for different names/addresses. The customer wouldn't find out they received a phony product until they tried to do a warranty claim, at which point they'd be told they received a China special.
Old 06-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I don't know what type of products you're selling but someone who isn't me has been in the same boat before with "clarisonic" products. (Mia's) It turns out their website would accept any serial number you put in, even if it had already been registered.
Pretty much what led to L'Oreal discontinuing it or no longer supporting it
Old 06-03-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%

Anyway, to answer your question no, your supplier is not genuine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (06-03-2021), yankee (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021

Longevity: 19%

Probably used a serial number/warranty code of a real product and then just duplicated the real serial code onto the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones therefore it would seem as if it's still under warranty. A lot of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ airpod sellers do this. How do I know?? I just do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shadyhero1002 For This Useful Post:
samspalace (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021

Longevity: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Hi everyone,

I buy all stock from China which are branded items. I’ve been selling a product for a long time which comes with warranty at first I thought this product was a replica and not original but it can be registered on the branded website.

Interestingly I spoke to my supplier today and asked if this other branded products serial number can be registered on their branded website they say yes no problem they send me a picture of the code and I register the item for guarantee on this product as well.

To note a lot of sellers sell these products but not a lot of them can have their items registered for warranty.

But what baffles me is these products are brought very cheaply yet come with company warranty and gaurantee sold for a lot more and customers are happy so I don’t know if they are genuine or not all I know is they’re being registered on the main websites.
If your buying branded products from china, most likely through alibaba if im correct they're 9.9/10 chance its a replica. Especially if they're selling them for $10-20 and you resell them for $150-200
Old 06-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Could be leaked products from the OEM manufacturer BUT still would not be "legitimate"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-05-2021), samspalace (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyhero1002 View Post
I just do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
samspalace (06-03-2021), Shadyhero1002 (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021

Longevity: 20%

Even if they were genuine dont you need to be an authorized reseller of some brands? Anyways theres plenty of money to be made from regular no name products.
Old 06-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Lol, tread carefully. I don't know what type of products you're selling but someone who isn't me has been in the same boat before with "clarisonic" products. (Mia's) It turns out their website would accept any serial number you put in, even if it had already been registered. You could even put the same serial # multiple times for different names/addresses. The customer wouldn't find out they received a phony product until they tried to do a warranty claim, at which point they'd be told they received a China special.
I was going to sell Clarisonic products years ago but never did in the end. I noticed on stock I have all serial numbers are different and I tried to register the product twice but it wouldn’t register second time around. I believe it’s a China special as it’s cheap but the quality look feel use is identical to the original so it’s a very very good copy.
Old 06-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Could be leaked products from the OEM manufacturer BUT still would not be "legitimate"
It’s either leaked as you mentioned or duplicated from original I think it’s more leaked now as if it was duplicated then surely one would of already been registered and not registered again so looks like they have leaked codes floating about.
Old 06-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
It’s either leaked as you mentioned or duplicated from original I think it’s more leaked now as if it was duplicated then surely one would of already been registered and not registered again so looks like they have leaked codes floating about.
At least 10 years ago I was buying leaked items. Man, that pissed off a lot of people in the USA. I ended up working with a manufacturer to turn off their leak. It was a process to say the least. The USA company bought me a hot dog and told me if I ever did it again they would punch me in the nose at the ATA trade show the next year haha That was what seems like five lives ago now.
Old 06-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I was going to sell Clarisonic products years ago but never did in the end. I noticed on stock I have all serial numbers are different and I tried to register the product twice but it wouldn’t register second time around. I believe it’s a China special as it’s cheap but the quality look feel use is identical to the original so it’s a very very good copy.
Ain’t no such thing as a good copy when the polis come knocking on your door.

Or worse, a customer, all palsy & friendly tricks you into a special deal. And when you sell, you get a lovely set of silver bracelets.

And your life changed for the very worst.

Old 06-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Ain’t no such thing as a good copy when the polis come knocking on your door.

Or worse, a customer, all palsy & friendly tricks you into a special deal. And when you sell, you get a lovely set of silver bracelets.

And your life changed for the very worst.

I don’t know if it is a really good copy or the genuine item still as I’ve compared it to the original and it’s identical plus it registered for guarantee and can’t be registered again and plus not one return or negative feedback from any customers so I really don’t know if it’s genuine or not.
Old 06-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I don’t know if it is a really good copy or the genuine item still as I’ve compared it to the original and it’s identical plus it registered for guarantee and can’t be registered again and plus not one return or negative feedback from any customers so I really don’t know if it’s genuine or not.
Very difficult for users in the post to contribute anymore without knowing the item/market in question but I get that you wouldn't be apt to share more info. All the best with your decision
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
samspalace (06-06-2021)
Old 06-07-2021

Longevity: 20%

Usually with big brand names you have to be an authorized dealer/retailer, theres paperwork involved and they usually only deal with companies.