Ebay of 8 years need to increase sell limit. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-12-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
Default Ebay of 8 years need to increase sell limit.

So I need my main ebay selling limits raised but when I go to hit the button to raise higher seller limits, it tells me I'm not eligible and that my account is below standard which is not true.

My question is I think I can get them raised if I call them but I'm really worried that this somehow will start a manual review on my account. A lot of my listings are the same with different titles and I don't want them to end up suspending me. Do I have anything to worry about by calling in and asking them for an increase?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-12-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Ebay of 8 years need to increase sell limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purposeremo View Post
So I need my main ebay selling limits raised but when I go to hit the button to raise higher seller limits, it tells me I'm not eligible and that my account is below standard which is not true.

My question is I think I can get them raised if I call them but I'm really worried that this somehow will start a manual review on my account. A lot of my listings are the same with different titles and I don't want them to end up suspending me. Do I have anything to worry about by calling in and asking them for an increase?
Yes, you do.

I eliminate as much risk as I can dealing with eBay.

Less contact I have with them the better
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-13-2021)
Old 06-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Yes, you do.

I eliminate as much risk as I can dealing with eBay.

Exactly. Best to avoid them

What has happened as regards the account being below standard?

What have you been doing selling wise on the account? Is it personal? As in account wise.
Old 06-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

OP, SaiJin and Greenbean both make good suggestions for you - let the account grow naturally - if you need more selling power, make other backup accounts in the meantime and change the listings to avoid linking
Old 06-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Exactly. Best to avoid them

What has happened as regards the account being below standard?

What have you been doing selling wise on the account? Is it personal? As in account wise.
The account is above standard but like many when you go to hit the button and don't get a limit increase, it will tell you because your account is below standard when it's not, it just doesn't want to give you an increase without calling I assume.

I got my last increase 4 years ago by calling, and they did it just to a reasonable amount, no more, but with all the strictness of MP, I'm not taking chances because it's not like MP random ssn, stealth accounts are going to last longer, considering the threshold in 2022 is going to 600 for payment processors.
Old 06-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
OP, SaiJin and Greenbean both make good suggestions for you - let the account grow naturally - if you need more selling power, make other backup accounts in the meantime and change the listings to avoid linking
I've done this by getting stealths over the years just to make sure if one goes down the rest don't , in 5 years only one stealth got suspended on me for bs.
However with MP , and the threshold on payment processors going to 600 before it needs real SSN, how can we have several backup accounts?