eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   VAT and item location (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/144568-vat-item-location.html)

karimlecavalier 07-15-2021 04:45 PM

VAT and item location

Due the VAT problem, I am based now in France , my account is UK registered and I sell in eBay UK, I will send the items from France, but I am mentioning the item is in UK to avoid the VAT Obstacle, is it ok? Can I have Problem later with some buyer? Has the buyer to pay customs even if I declare it is gift? Could the customs register my name if it is repeated gifts?

Hank 07-16-2021 05:11 AM

Re: VAT and item location

Some buyers...you means most of them.

There is no allowance for VAT imports now so theoretically every single shipment could be stopped even if you try and claim the gift angle.

Then there's the inevitable backlash when folk receive 'UK goods' with a customs label.

I've left countless negs for chinese sellers who pull this stunt, always get a full refund too my merely asking to return it. Indeed, it's a nice little earner.

Eagle10 07-16-2021 05:20 AM

If you are selling to UK from EU it is likely that eBay will add the relevant 20% to your customers invoice as it is now eBays responsibility to collect UK VAT for items up to 130 GBP. It is a lot easier to become VAT flat rate registered as it makes a lot of this easier in my opinion, once you are then you can put 0.00 in the VAT box. Be careful of saying the item is in UK if it is not as this can cause all sorts of probs.

Hank 07-16-2021 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle10 (Post 1162977)
If you are selling to UK from EU it is likely that eBay will add the relevant 20% to your customers invoice as it is now eBays responsibility to collect UK VAT for items up to 130 GBP. It is a lot easier to become VAT flat rate registered as it makes a lot of this easier in my opinion, once you are then you can put 0.00 in the VAT box. Be careful of saying the item is in UK if it is not as this can cause all sorts of probs.

But in the eyes of ebay he's a UK seller with UK stock. No VAT issues as far as ebay are concerned.

Eagle10 07-16-2021 05:57 AM

Yes - you are correct, I missed that his account was registered in UK. So just a problem with UK item turning up with customs certificate from France !

quest 07-16-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karimlecavalier (Post 1162924)
Due the VAT problem, I am based now in France , my account is UK registered and I sell in eBay UK, I will send the items from France, but I am mentioning the item is in UK to avoid the VAT Obstacle, is it ok? Can I have Problem later with some buyer? Has the buyer to pay customs even if I declare it is gift? Could the customs register my name if it is repeated gifts?

Once you upload tracking info, ebay will see where you ship from
Buyers also will be very dissapointed if they will have to pay VAT
Your account won't lats long this way :)

murdered_by_ebay 07-16-2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karimlecavalier (Post 1162924)

this is item location misrepresentation and would lead to problems , even if there should be no VAT charged the delivery times will be long and you will be getting lots of complaints