eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Multi-Variety Listings can eat up your Selling Limits? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/14464-multi-variety-listings-can-eat-up-your-selling-limits.html)

j08 10-29-2009 03:58 AM

Multi-Variety Listings can eat up your Selling Limits?

I have a lot of eBay accounts, like 30+. I've been selling without problems on them until a few days ago, when about half of them showed me the "Selling Limits" message. I've sold about the same number of items as I did for nearly 2 years, but I probably listed a lot more.

I have about 10 items, in 4 colors, and so I listed a quantity of 10 for each color. Basically, eBay must have counted this as 10x4x10, which is 400, right? I re-listed the items once and then moved to another account. Now about 3 weeks later, I'm trying to re-list them on this account again and I basically get a "Selling Limits" message that I'm unable to list right now.

I had only sold about 50-60 items of those listed, but am I guessing right that because of listing with the new multi-variety option, I have eaten up my selling limits? Because of the re-list, eBay probably counted the 400 twice, so 800 ...plus I did a few mass edits in price and quantity, so they probably counted well over 1000 items listed.

Here We Go Again 10-29-2009 12:17 PM

They do count each variation as a item.
So if you have 1 listings that contains, as you said, 10X4X10 they count that as 400 items.

j08 10-29-2009 01:12 PM

That makes sense. Do you know if I absolutely have to contact Trust&Safety to get the selling limit ever lifted? Or will it go away by itself if I leave the account alone for 1-2 months? The exact message I get is:

Quote:

We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following help page.
It's basically telling me to contact "SafeHarbor Department" which is Trust&Safety. But I don't really want to contact them unless absolutely needed.

Will the selling limits ever go away by themselves?

superking 10-29-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j08 (Post 110429)
That makes sense. Do you know if I absolutely have to contact Trust&Safety to get the selling limit ever lifted? Or will it go away by itself if I leave the account alone for 1-2 months? The exact message I get is:

It's basically telling me to contact "SafeHarbor Department" which is Trust&Safety. But I don't really want to contact them unless absolutely needed.

Will the selling limits ever go away by themselves?

I suggest you dont contact them. I was selling certain scarfs and received 100% feedbacks for around 30+ days. I called and was told I need to wait 90+ days but i asked for an appeal. The special items item at T&S review my case and denied the appeal. In addition, they suspended this account and all other accounts that were selling the similiar item (eventhough I had different information), The suspension wasn't linked but they put alot of resouces in finding the selling item/pattern. So I strongly do not recommend this path.

j08 10-29-2009 01:36 PM

I thought so. I have the limits across about 10 accounts right now, but I guess its my fault for listing using multi-variety, 10 items, 4 colors and quantity of 10 ...relisted once, that makes 400 twice, so 800. The accounts have 200-400 feedback, but I probably still hit that limit too fast in 6 days (3 day BuyItNow's).

I noticed one account let me list another 80 items, after 6 weeks, but now it says Selling Limit again. The other account it's been 30 days since the last item sold but it still won't let me list. So I may be restricted for 90 days then.

I don't really want to draw too much attention to it from Trust&Safety, so I don't want to contact them. Just hoping the limits will lift themselves as time passes.