Ebays payment management and dispute. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-23-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Ebays payment management and dispute.

Got my first dispute since ebay switched over to the managed payments bs. Sold a iphone se as is bad imei and they claiming the screen is not original and front camera not working which everything worked. Seems the jackass files a charge back through his bank. Ebay ask to send a pic to proof it was in described condition. Which a pic of its not going to help on say the camera not working. Seems if this loser wins the dispute im out the phone and money! So that begin said u can buy something say it dont work and get a full refund on ebay and steal the item. Any one else have disputes like this on ebay since the switch?

I know im never selling anything of high value on ebay if it's that ez to get scammed.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-23-2021

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Ebays payment management and dispute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcreator11 View Post
Got my first dispute since ebay switched over to the managed payments bs. Sold a iphone se as is bad imei and they claiming the screen is not original and front camera not working which everything worked. Seems the jackass files a charge back through his bank. Ebay ask to send a pic to proof it was in described condition. Which a pic of its not going to help on say the camera not working. Seems if this loser wins the dispute im out the phone and money! So that begin said u can buy something say it dont work and get a full refund on ebay and steal the item. Any one else have disputes like this on ebay since the switch?

I know im never selling anything of high value on ebay if it's that ez to get scammed.
Ebay is scammers paradise, unfortunately. They never ask any solid proofs, as if it is paid via credit card, bank will take funds back 100%. So they prefer just to refund.
Old 07-24-2021

Longevity: 15%

Happened to me a lot of times. I just move on because i cannot win with those disputes.
They will send you the wrong item and they'll get the refunds. It sucks.
Old 07-24-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureness View Post
Happened to me a lot of times. I just move on because i cannot win with those disputes.
They will send you the wrong item and they'll get the refunds. It sucks.
Once got a book and McDonalds coupons returned instead of an item. In other case i got a 10 kg box returned instead of a 1 kg item, and ebay reps said it is fine.
Old 07-24-2021

Longevity: 27%

Ebay should get them to return it so you wont be as out of pocket as you think.

A a non techie, how does a phone get a bad IMEI? Is it the same as a blacklisted IMEI?
Old 07-24-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Ebay should get them to return it so you wont be as out of pocket as you think.

A a non techie, how does a phone get a bad IMEI? Is it the same as a blacklisted IMEI?
They do not control what is actually returned. And if buyer claims item is inauthentic then can just refund the person without requirement to send the item back.
Old 07-24-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
They do not control what is actually returned. And if buyer claims item is inauthentic then can just refund the person without requirement to send the item back.
The buyer hasn't claimed it's inauthentic though, just that it's a piece of garbage.
Old 07-24-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
The buyer hasn't claimed it's inauthentic though, just that it's a piece of garbage.
Anyway, he can send you a brick back and get item for free.
Old 07-24-2021

Longevity: 15%

Quote:
Once got a book and McDonalds coupons returned instead of an item. In other case i got a 10 kg box returned instead of a 1 kg item, and ebay reps said it is fine.
That's crazy. While mine was automated. Once ebay sees it as the returned items as delivered, they'll refund it automatically. What a crap system.
Old 07-24-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureness View Post
That's crazy. While mine was automated. Once ebay sees it as the returned items as delivered, they'll refund it automatically. What a crap system.
They heavily rely on statistics. If something causes more profit, they will go for it even if in some cases people suffer a lot. Making thorough checks just costs them much more money. I once didn't accept a return because once the return request came, i got a message from eb that the case is on hold and i should not do anything before told to. I waited and case just closed in buyers favor with a reason - return not accepted! I asked them wtf, and they said - "system error, sorry. But we do not care, as the decision is final". They were not able to explain how come a decision based on system error is final. But they don't care actually - that is 100% sure.
Old 07-24-2021

Quote:
Anyway, he can send you a brick back and get item for free.
Anyone can do that with any item. Unlikely that they'd pick a crappy iphone SE for a brick scam. Anyway, lets get back on topic and stick to normal procedure rather than wild speculation
Old 07-24-2021

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

if buyer claims item is a knockoff,then it would not be returned,it should be destroyed.
if buyer returns a rock ,robot will close the return when tracking shows returned,if seller does not act in 3 days.
You need to contact EBAY and provide proof that the returned item is not original one you sent,once the payment is refunded,it would be hard for Ebay to take it back as most buyers use their credit card.
It is hard to say,in some cases,Ebay would side with you,in some it would ask you to file a report with the carrier as someone has tempered the returned package .
Ebay can also see from buyer history if he is a scammer.
if there is nothing wrong with the item and he does return it,then you can relist ,all you lose would be the shipping fee both ways!
Old 07-24-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
if buyer claims item is a knockoff,then it would not be returned,it should be destroyed.
if buyer returns a rock ,robot will close the return when tracking shows returned,if seller does not act in 3 days.
You need to contact EBAY and provide proof that the returned item is not original one you sent,once the payment is refunded,it would be hard for Ebay to take it back as most buyers use their credit card.
It is hard to say,in some cases,Ebay would side with you,in some it would ask you to file a report with the carrier as someone has tempered the returned package .
Ebay can also see from buyer history if he is a scammer.
if there is nothing wrong with the item and he does return it,then you can relist ,all you lose would be the shipping fee both ways!
All my cases of returns of bricks ended up ebay suggesting to go to police and closing the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021

years ago,a Florida shop which has been in business for many years and starts selling on Ebay recently,it sells preowned antique watches.
It sold a $40K antique watch to a buyer in Midwest,carrier is Fed Exp and insured,buyer wants to return the item,so it sent him a Fed Exp return label(no insurance).
Fed Exp driver brought the item to the store,the clerk noticed the weight is different ,so he called the police and open the package in front of the police.
It has the original box but no watch inside,so they filed a police report and then contacted Ebay.
they were told to refund the buyer else Ebay would do it for them,and file claim with the carrier .
But Fed Exp does not offer insurance itself,just indenmity,non jewelry is $100,jewelry is $1k.
Old 07-24-2021

Quote:
All my cases of returns of bricks ended up ebay suggesting to go to police and closing the case.
sad but no way Ebay knows who is telling the truth.
There are sellers who would videotape what he packs and shipped,it means nothing,as he can remove the item afterwards,some buyer would also videotape opening the package and the content he received,means nothing.
some seller would hand delivered the item and shake hands with the buyer,means nothing !
One seller would take the gold bars to the post office ,took pictures with the counter clerk showing content of the shipment,then close and seal it ,means nothing if buyer claims INAD,as all that fanfare would just attract attention withing USPS,it could be the USPS back office or driver or warehouse staff stealing.
UPS at one time said they have warehouse workers stealing cell phones,they can tell from the return label,the size and weight of a package if it is a cell phone inside.
Old 07-24-2021
Threadstarter  

yeah i never sell anything of high $ value on fleaBay and only sold this phone cause it was blacklisted! had it had a clean imei i would sold it on FB MP where i sell 99% of everything I sell. the phone sold for $90 but $90 is still $90. I had another overseas scammer try to pull a fast one as well sold a cracked iPhone 11 screen that worked 100% one tiny crack on it he send pic of a shattered screen that had a green line in it and opened a dispute claiming that i sent that screen. eBay gave me the option to decline that return and closed the case.
Old 07-24-2021

but hat if your buyer goes to his cc issuer and file a chargeback,would Ebay eat the loss?
Old 07-24-2021

as for sending a box of rocks,there is a bar owner who bought 14 bar stools,they dont fit,so he filed INAD and was given 1 USPS priority label,he make 14 copies and use them to ship 14 stools.
Of course USPS did not find it funny so return 13 .
when one stool arrived,EBay refunded the total amount for all 14 stools !
There is also a French buyer who bought a piece of equipment and asked the seller not to declare true value,seller refused.
so the buyer filed INAD and returned a box of some garbage,so he paid French customs,return shipping but get the equipment free.
Old 07-26-2021
Threadstarter  

back in the good days when Pp was the only way people paid had this jackass went to the cc issuer and filed a chargeback then it would have volited Pp TOS and would have lost his Pp account. eBay should follow the same path if a buyer files a dispute with the cc instead of using ebays return system they should lose there ability to buy and sell on ebay.
Old 07-27-2021

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
but hat if your buyer goes to his cc issuer and file a chargeback,would Ebay eat the loss?
Yes, they will issue you a "complimentary, one-time credit", if a buyer sends back the wrong item. At least before they changed to MP. I haven't changed over, yet, so can't comment on that.

In 20 year of ebay sales, I've NEVER not got my money back when a scammer sends the wrong thing back.

I guess people give up too easily. :(
Old 07-27-2021
Threadstarter  

yeah i have a feeling this scammers not going to send anything back and and get a full refund. now they changed it from $80 to $144 and held it out my sales. If i dont get the phone back i will keep track of how much i lost and if things start going south on my ebay account i will list a few high $ items that i dont really have and sell them and since they send payouts after 3 days i can get the money and never ship and recoup the money that the scammer stole. buyer will always get the refund from ebay and they can take the L since they make it so ez for these scumbags to cheat people!
Old 08-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Phew after almost 2 months i log into ebay today and they sent a payout and it was the $144 that that scammer tried stealing from me! I won the dispute some how Awhile back they said to send pics to help the dispute i just sent a random pic of the same phone that i sold and I guess it worked! I figured i would take the loss on that phone but they came through. I added the jackass to block buyer list so he wont be able to get anything else from me unless its under another ebay account. he was one them 3rd wrold buyers whos address is in Wilmington DE