Moving from EBay NL to EBay DE - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-31-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
Default Moving from EBay NL to EBay DE

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum - looks like there is lots to learn!

I want to move from NL to DE EBay because NL EBay lacks fundamental features especially those relating to shipping costs.

I want to ship goods around EU - but it only allows me to have one fixed price for the entire region when in reality they differ hugely. This means I either low ball actual postage costs or make them higher - either way I lose money. From my research DE EBay has this functionality.

My NL account is currently linked to NL bank account (PayPal no longer an option) how would I get paid if I don’t have a German account and are there any potential barriers that EBay admin may throw in front of me?

Thanks in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-31-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Moving from EBay NL to EBay DE

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Have you tried logging onto the DE Ebay site and working there? I am just wondering with the new MP policies in effect, how it would work for payment - perhaps others can comment
Old 07-31-2021

Activity: 78%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianS View Post
Hi all,

I’m new to the forum - looks like there is lots to learn!

I want to move from NL to DE EBay because NL EBay lacks fundamental features especially those relating to shipping costs.

I want to ship goods around EU - but it only allows me to have one fixed price for the entire region when in reality they differ hugely. This means I either low ball actual postage costs or make them higher - either way I lose money. From my research DE EBay has this functionality.

My NL account is currently linked to NL bank account (PayPal no longer an option) how would I get paid if I don’t have a German account and are there any potential barriers that EBay admin may throw in front of me?

Thanks in advance
is this a stealth account?
Old 08-04-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
is this a stealth account?
Hey murdered it’s a bog standard account linked to my real ID and a company incorporated in the Netherlands.

I can’t believe that an e-commerce market place doesn’t have basic functionality around country specific postage fees - even if just the option for me to plug it in manually - especially when these features exist on other Ebays!
Old 08-04-2021

Longevity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianS View Post
Hey murdered it’s a bog standard account linked to my real ID and a company incorporated in the Netherlands.

I can’t believe that an e-commerce market place doesn’t have basic functionality around country specific postage fees - even if just the option for me to plug it in manually - especially when these features exist on other Ebays!
Did you try the shipping rate tables where you can set different shipping for each country.
Old 08-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Hi Angelena,

There is no international rates table option on the .NL site. After exploring the Dutch internet for a while I saw many people complaining about this missing functionality.

But I have come up with a half-baked solution.

I can select which countries I do not want to ship to in my shipping preferences. Then when I select "all of EU" and a fixed price (the only option) when making an advert it will exclude whichever countries I have chosen.

Then looking at the shipping rates of chosen courier/s I know which countries cost roughly the same and exclude the rest.

I'm thinking that I will sell more items to half of the EU with lower shipping rates than if I sell to all of the EU with higher shipping rates...