Best ebay € base currency for EU customers? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-17-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Question Best ebay.ES/IE/FR/IT/DE € base currency for EU customers?

[hi hope is right section]

Hello,
putting aside ebay.com/co.uk | Which ebay country with euro currency is the most popular?
Im looking for change because from my shop under co.uk last few months sell to EU really drop. Maybe because Brexit issue with EU and my offers under co.uk are not so visible in other EU Countrys ... Aspect of summer and holidays for the last years have not affected my business.

I sell EU & worldwide USA/EU/UK/Asia etc. (automotive).
eBay for my country (PL) don't have a base currency in euro and since ebay pass settlement & withdrawals are in euro, convertion from other currency is unfavorable (co.uk £to€) or (com $to€).

Solution:
1. Lift prices & keep shop subscription under co.uk or switch to $.

2.Transfer store subscribtion to another country with euro base currency.
If yes What country (you recommend) will have best possibility to have good sell.. Spain / France / Germany / Italy / Ireland etc.?
I make some checking and "€"
"IE" is in english and euro but have just basic shipping opption (main for europe +France).
"FR/IT" basic shipping.
"ES" have full time table for separate shipping.

I mentioned shipping because my shipping cost (due to few kg waight) are from 15 to 32euro in EU and 30-120 worldwide.
Same with product where each cost few hundreds so is make a difference when listed under € or other currencys.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited by wwwStealth; 08-18-2021 at 04:16 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 17%
Default Re: Best ebay.ES/IE/FR/IT/DE € base currency for EU customers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwStealth View Post
[hi hope is right section]

Hello,
putting aside ebay.com/co.uk | Which ebay country with euro currency is the most popular?
Im looking for change because from my shop under co.uk last few months sell to EU really drop. Maybe because Brexit issue with EU and my offers under co.uk are not so visible in other EU Countrys ... Aspect of summer and holidays for the last years have not affected my business.

I sell EU & worldwide USA/EU/UK/Asia etc. (automotive).
eBay for my country (PL) don't have a base currency in euro and since ebay pass settlement & withdrawals are in euro, convertion from other currency is unfavorable (co.uk £to€) or (com $to€).

Solution:
1. Lift prices & keep shop subscription under co.uk or switch to $.

2.Transfer store subscribtion to another country with euro base currency.
If yes What country (you recommend) will have best possibility to have good sell.. Spain / France / Germany / Italy / Ireland etc.?
I make some checking and "€"
"IE" is in english and euro but have just basic shipping opption (main for europe +France).
"FR/IT" basic shipping.
"ES" have full time table for separate shipping.

I mentioned shipping because my shipping cost (due to few kg waight) are from 15 to 32euro in EU and 30-120 worldwide.
Same with product where each cost few hundreds so is make a difference when listed under € or other currencys.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
The meaning is not quite clear. If the product is sold to all countries, then it is worth keeping accounts in different zones at the same time. .com .de .fr .it Etc
Old 08-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Best ebay € base currency for EU customers?

Diversify OP - you got the entire euro market available to you
Old 08-18-2021
Threadstarter  

sureness, Xilla
I know this but I have just dozen sell per month, and this is also due to my production possibility.
With this little sell building a high feedback from few accounts takes ages. Selling products priced few hundred £/€/$ from the account that has dozen feedback, even they 100% positive, it was almost nothing.
So is a reason why I'm looking for other solution.

In addition, due to the fact that I sell unusual product. Some numbers of potential clients was sending me ebay messages with links to other accounts and asking is me/same seller. On this way (as ebay algorytm check messages) my accounts may get linked as well.

Summarizing still question - which ebay country from (ES/IE/IT/IR/FR/DE) may have the best perspective for good sell with automotive custom product?
Eventually for the next 2-3 months I will have to check through Shop subscriptions and listing my products under specific countries...

Last edited by wwwStealth; 08-18-2021 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

I think you are asking the wrong question , you should be worried which country you could be allowed to sell in as we live in a new era now where it is not possible anymore to jump between different countries
Old 08-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
I think you are asking the wrong question , you should be worried which country you could be allowed to sell in as we live in a new era now where it is not possible anymore to jump between different countries
Im not jumping beeetwen countrys, because my account base address is still in same country and shipping from same country. Account what Im speaking about now is my full legit.
As far I know and was told for ebay support as long my dispatch/return address is right and same and clients see where they buying I can subscibe shop from almost any ebay.com/co.uk/de/es/fr/it/etc. Of course ebay.com and ebay/co.uk is the most popular browser. But 4now Im looking to buy shop subcribtion under ebay with euro currency.
My country ebay dont even have support and just basic tools to manage sell, and of course no euro currency so everythink is multiple converted front and back forward. When this conversions cost me on each product +/-20$ is make a point to think about it.
My he question was -> which ebay will be most popular after this 2 ebay.com/co.uk ?
Old 08-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
Why? I didn’t notice any problems with different regional ebay sites.
Old 08-19-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwStealth View Post
Im not jumping beeetwen countrys, because my account base address is still in same country and shipping from same country. Account what Im speaking about now is my full legit.
As far I know and was told for ebay support as long my dispatch/return address is right and same and clients see where they buying I can subscibe shop from almost any ebay.com/co.uk/de/es/fr/it/etc. Of course ebay.com and ebay/co.uk is the most popular browser. But 4now Im looking to buy shop subcribtion under ebay with euro currency.
My country ebay dont even have support and just basic tools to manage sell, and of course no euro currency so everythink is multiple converted front and back forward. When this conversions cost me on each product +/-20$ is make a point to think about it.
My he question was -> which ebay will be most popular after this 2 ebay.com/co.uk ?
if the registration address is the same you can test different ebay sites for small money , this mostly depends where your buyer base is located
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
wwwStealth (08-20-2021)