Question about managed payments and SSN requirement - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-23-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
Default Question about managed payments and SSN requirement

I've been away from ebay for about 2 years now. So I've come to this forum for some help.
I'm looking to buy a USA stealth account that I was told already has managed payments enrolled, but Once I make my first sale I have to add bank account and SSN. But here is my concern...

My original personal ebay account was suspended year's ago. I sent Ebay my ID and SSN..so my question is will my SSN link the two accounts together?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Question about managed payments and SSN requirement

No, you'll be fine.
Old 08-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Heck.... with managed payments you can even reuse the same name, address, phone number and bank account number multiple times with no issues after suspension. Ebay has never been easier.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
robjobs (05-28-2023), solefoodbk (09-04-2021)
Old 08-23-2021
Threadstarter  

Well isn't that a relief. I was thinking the exact opposite that ebay would be harder
Old 08-23-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Heck.... with managed payments you can even reuse the same name, address, phone number and bank account number multiple times with no issues after suspension. Ebay has never been easier.

So do you mean I'm able to use the same name, phone number, ssn as a standalone (non stealth account/original account) or inconjunction with the stealth account (managed payments)?

I understand how stealth works they work off of a different alias. What I think you are saying is that the stealth account still uses a different alias, but when asked for managed payments you can enter your own personal information without getting suspended, is that correct?
Old 08-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith979 View Post
So do you mean I'm able to use the same name, phone number, ssn as a standalone (non stealth account/original account) or inconjunction with the stealth account (managed payments)?

I understand how stealth works they work off of a different alias. What I think you are saying is that the stealth account still uses a different alias, but when asked for managed payments you can enter your own personal information without getting suspended, is that correct?
On MP, there is no stealth. Name must match SS number.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
robjobs (05-28-2023)
Old 08-23-2021
Threadstarter  

So its just the main ebay account that is comprised of stealth? Is managed payments a separate part of ebay now....
Like the payment processor just like PayPal once was?
Old 08-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Nice summary - pretty easy
Old 08-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Nice summary - pretty easy
The question then becomes whats the best way to run multiple ebay accounts once you have exhausted a SSN?
Would it be to create business's that have different EIN numbers?
Old 08-28-2021

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith979 View Post
The question then becomes whats the best way to run multiple ebay accounts once you have exhausted a SSN?
Would it be to create business's that have different EIN numbers?
there is no exhausting a SSN. you can make 10 million ebay accounts if you want.

EIN is not any more stealth, EIN required SSN + EIN.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackdanielsbtch For This Useful Post:
robjobs (05-28-2023), yankee (08-28-2021)
Old 08-28-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdanielsbtch View Post
there is no exhausting a SSN. you can make 10 million ebay accounts if you want.

EIN is not any more stealth, EIN required SSN + EIN.
he could have 10 millions ebay accounts,but if one is down,would that bring the 9.9999999 million accounts down as well?
Old 08-28-2021

Ayden has replaced Paypal for ebay sellers to accept payments,there are some exceptions like Ebay motors and dealers selling precious metal in high dollars.
Ebay as a sales venue is not growing,so it ditches Paypal to go with Ayden to make some extra dough.
It claims to serve us better which is not true,it serves Ebay better !
Old 08-29-2021
Threadstarter  

I see! Good post
Old 08-29-2021

Longevity: 49%

So can you use 1 Managed payment account for multiple ebay accounts without linking them together causing a suspension?
Old 08-30-2021

Longevity: 96%

Years ago (at least 15) I used my deceased mom's name (same address as my suspended account). I haven't used the account to sell in years, but have over 800 fb 100% positive.
I mainly just would like to use it for purchases and to get rid of a lot of items, not really an income source.
Can I meet these new requirements by using all of the registered information and her real SS#? By the sounds of the previous posts they don't even verify the SS#, just want you to provide one.
I use ebay several times a month to buy odd items not available locally and don't want to lose the ability to do that.
My Paypal account links to a bank account she set up for me when I was a kid that never had her name removed, so if they ever checked, the name on that would match the name on ebay.
***worth noting*** I simply added an email to my existing PP account at the time and have actually (accidentialy) logged in using the email of the suspended account on occassion and they never linked the two.
Thanks fo rany help...I've been away quite long and glad to see the community is still active and helping people
Old 09-04-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
Years ago (at least 15) I used my deceased mom's name (same address as my suspended account). I haven't used the account to sell in years, but have over 800 fb 100% positive.
I mainly just would like to use it for purchases and to get rid of a lot of items, not really an income source.
Can I meet these new requirements by using all of the registered information and her real SS#? By the sounds of the previous posts they don't even verify the SS#, just want you to provide one.
I use ebay several times a month to buy odd items not available locally and don't want to lose the ability to do that.
My Paypal account links to a bank account she set up for me when I was a kid that never had her name removed, so if they ever checked, the name on that would match the name on ebay.
***worth noting*** I simply added an email to my existing PP account at the time and have actually (accidentialy) logged in using the email of the suspended account on occassion and they never linked the two.
Thanks fo rany help...I've been away quite long and glad to see the community is still active and helping people
This is exactly what I want to know.
Old 09-04-2021

Ebay could ask you to upload either her passport or driver license .
if her driver license or passport has not expired,you would pass.
Just a valid SSN is not good enough.
(They want to make sure this seller is alive and KICKING !!)
Old 09-04-2021

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Its a little off topic but do you know if this is the same with Etsy? I've had 2 accounts that got suspended since 2017 but each time I used as much new info as I could. The most recent suspended account is from mid 2020 and I want to reuse the EIN on it. The current account I have is active for about a year.

The EIN from the suspended account I deleted about a year ago. But I've never reused the EIN on two accounts.
Old 09-05-2021

Longevity: 20%

Quote:
So does this mean if I buy an aged account, it would be safe for me to change that account to my name and ssn without it getting linked to my old account? I was already in managed payments when my account got suspended.
Old 09-05-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
So if that's the case, how will Ebay protect itself from a scammer who got done scamming on it's platform than wants to just keep getting new ebay sellers to rinse and repeat?

Also I know myself and others, have been suspended for all kinds of non true claims by ebay such as selling prohibited items or something. Won't ebay mistakenly mix us in after getting suspended, with real scammers who were banned for actually doing that.
Old 09-05-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndr View Post
So does this mean if I buy an aged account, it would be safe for me to change that account to my name and ssn without it getting linked to my old account? I was already in managed payments when my account got suspended.
Some people keep saying it's fine. But that may just be until Ebay fixes things on it's end since Mp is new.

theoretically there's nothing stopping them from rebanning you since they have linkage proof.

However what other choice do you have right now other than to try.

I'm afraid of getting a second Mp account just because I don't want it to screw over my original MP account of so many years some how. New accounts tend to be shaky with suspensions when you sell things that often get falsely marked with warnings on ebay. I'm afriad if that accounts gets suspended somehow, then it might affect my original account of many years.
Old 09-06-2021

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Ebay could ask you to upload either her passport or driver license .
if her driver license or passport has not expired,you would pass.
Just a valid SSN is not good enough.
(They want to make sure this seller is alive and KICKING !!)
That's not an option because she died in 1999.

I have seen several posts asking about changing the seller name on the account and then uploading the required credentials (DL or passport)
Would it work for me to change the account to my name and personal info?

Oddly enough, this account was created using the same physical (postal) address from banned account and the same PP account using a second email registered with PP. I have accidentally logged in under both emails when getting redirected after making an ebay purchase and the account has not been flagged, even though there are at least two separate items that should have linked the current account in good standing to the previously banned one?

So my question is is it possible to change the existing account to my real details (preferred due to age and nearly 1000FB)...or should I just start a new one with my real details which include the same address and PP as the one that has been running for almost 15 years or will that get that one shut down at that point?

what's the best way for me to get up and running and sell a bunch of items that have been accumulating around the house?

Thanks