eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   One MP ebay account suspended and now all MP accounts suspended (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/145236-one-mp-ebay-account-suspended-now-all-mp-accounts-suspended.html)

toastmaster 09-14-2021 05:23 PM

One MP ebay account suspended and now all MP accounts suspended

Hi

So guys I'm wondering for people who have multiple MP ebay accounts, has anyone gotten suspended for one then the others got suspended as well because they're linked?

I know a lot of people on the forum are saying no but maybe because at most they only got vero claims but not prohibited item claims.

Anyone report this happening and if so, for what type of claims did ebay just take down all your ebay accounts in your real info?

slokor 09-14-2021 06:04 PM

Re: One MP ebay account suspended and now all MP accounts suspended

The question has been asked on multiple threads and noone has answered.
This could mean that it hasnt happened yet or that noone cares enough to share their experience.

rsot 09-15-2021 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastmaster (Post 1169777)
Hi

So guys I'm wondering for people who have multiple MP ebay accounts, has anyone gotten suspended for one then the others got suspended as well because they're linked?

I know a lot of people on the forum are saying no but maybe because at most they only got vero claims but not prohibited item claims.

Anyone report this happening and if so, for what type of claims did ebay just take down all your ebay accounts in your real info?

Look up posts by yankee - few discussions ongoing

toastmaster 09-15-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1169819)
Look up posts by yankee - few discussions ongoing

I actually have seen those but they seemed vague or contradictory. At one point someone said they can suspend and just start new, but if ebay "sees" you scamming they'll stop you. So which is it begs the question. Maybe vero bans aren't seen as "scammers" but when some of us get hit with a "prohibited item" or some people not me get "counterfeit item" bans.

He mentioned no problem opening new MP accounts after suspensions but he didn't say what his suspensions were for. I sometimes very rarely in the last 4 years out of 12 stealth's got 2 banned, for false prohibited items, with very serious item accusations. So my fear is now that I linked my accounts stealth to real info, if one gets a very serious false prohibited item ban the logical thing for eBay to do is wipe out all my accounts that are linked.

dovydas556 09-15-2021 12:45 PM

I hope more people will tell their experience here.

LEARNINGONLY 09-15-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastmaster (Post 1169777)
Hi

They ban you on other accounts all that are linked to you. I know because it happened to me.

rsot 09-16-2021 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dovydas556 (Post 1169878)
I hope more people will tell their experience here.

As time goes on, this can be expected

solefoodbk 09-17-2021 08:49 PM

Yes I have had an accounted suspended with my real SSN attached. Same address etc..

I am using a different business on my most aged account, there has been absolutely no issue whatsoever. Based on others responses its exactly same as Etsy.

toastmaster 09-17-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1170090)
Yes I have had an accounted suspended with my real SSN attached. Same address etc..

I am using a different business on my most aged account, there has been absolutely no issue whatsoever. Based on others responses its exactly same as Etsy.

Can you delete a lot of your inbox messages, I wanted to dm you here but it says your mailbox is too full.

Thanks.

So should I make my most aged ebay acount a business account , and if so must it be a EIN business LLC account so that way it never links? That's my most important account and I can't lose that.

rsot 09-18-2021 06:51 AM

update: I have a set of eb accounts created way back in 2009 - 6 eb accounts all sharing same info that went into 1 PP back then. 4 of them were doing light selling (2 listings a week) and other 2 were buying accounts only.

The 4 selling ones were converted to MP using the same info - 1 of them is being asked for ID in order to use MP, the other 3 are fine - I'm trying to troubleshoot why this happened.

The eb accounts (and pp account) are Canadian-based

toastmaster 09-18-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1170112)
update: I have a set of eb accounts created way back in 2009 - 6 eb accounts all sharing same info that went into 1 PP back then. 4 of them were doing light selling (2 listings a week) and other 2 were buying accounts only.

The 4 selling ones were converted to MP using the same info - 1 of them is being asked for ID in order to use MP, the other 3 are fine - I'm trying to troubleshoot why this happened.

The eb accounts (and pp account) are Canadian-based

Appreciate the feedback. Let me know if that one gets banned and tell me if the others stayed up fine after the ban.. appreciate it.

solefoodbk 09-25-2021 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastmaster (Post 1170091)
Can you delete a lot of your inbox messages, I wanted to dm you here but it says your mailbox is too full.

Thanks.

So should I make my most aged ebay acount a business account , and if so must it be a EIN business LLC account so that way it never links? That's my most important account and I can't lose that.

From my understanding business accounts are treated as just that. From eBay perspective you are an entity not a person. That is where the linkage would normally come in.

So yes, having your own business is always the best solution. This helps for long term success. You have to use your real name on the sign up, and it’s ok if it’s different than your stealth name (if you have one). My most aged account which has already gone under one MC011 3 years ago is working flawlessly. You just gotta do it. I was worried over this for 6 months and I suppose I still am even with it working for 5 months but it’s all we got at this point.

Ayden is used by Etsy, and Etsy it appears is no different than eBay now.

Goodluck

toastmaster 09-25-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1170728)
From my understanding business accounts are treated as just that. From eBay perspective you are an entity not a person. That is where the linkage would normally come in.

So yes, having your own business is always the best solution. This helps for long term success. You have to use your real name on the sign up, and it’s ok if it’s different than your stealth name (if you have one). My most aged account which has already gone under one MC011 3 years ago is working flawlessly. You just gotta do it. I was worried over this for 6 months and I suppose I still am even with it working for 5 months but it’s all we got at this point.

Ayden is used by Etsy, and Etsy it appears is no different than eBay now.

Goodluck

So my main ebay of many years I just about 2 weeks ago transfered over to business account but under sole proprietor without an EIN needed. Must I use an LLC ein business entity in order for ebay to protect the account better in case one of my weaker stealths gets permanently suspended?
I'm not sure if your familiar but ebay allowed me to switch to business sole proprietor which only required my name and SSN obviously. Is it a must to use EIN and give them my LLC?

I'm asking because I have an LLC but I don't want to waste it if it means I can get another account that is a separate entity using it.

Steveo036940 09-25-2021 10:35 PM

Even with an LLC, Ebay still requires your SSN as you must supply owners personal information. If you own the business...that's your information. There is no way to avoid providing a principal name, SSN and DOB.
It's been said on these forums that setting up multiple EIN'S on multiple business accounts is safer even though the underlying personal information is all the same (Name, SSN and DOB), but I'm not so sure it makes any difference than having multiple personal accounts using the same personal information.

toastmaster 09-26-2021 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steveo036940 (Post 1170796)
Even with an LLC, Ebay still requires your SSN as you must supply owners personal information. If you own the business...that's your information. There is no way to avoid providing a principal name, SSN and DOB.
It's been said on these forums that setting up multiple EIN'S on multiple business accounts is safer even though the underlying personal information is all the same (Name, SSN and DOB), but I'm not so sure it makes any difference than having multiple personal accounts using the same personal information.

We know that. Now I want to know from the guy before me if it should be sole proprietor business account or LLC EIN account in order for ebay to possibly "treat" as a separate entity.

vettefever17 09-30-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastmaster (Post 1170798)
We know that. Now I want to know from the guy before me if it should be sole proprietor business account or LLC EIN account in order for ebay to possibly "treat" as a separate entity.

I would lean towards a multimember llc being a better entity. Technically, you can still be a sole prop with an llc and be deemed an "entity" based on tax law. Would ebay have an easier time seeing identical front and backside names from you ss number? Yes. But then again, you have to remember, there may be thousands of people with the same name. You could get creative and just use a stealth address. This may divert their attention from digging deeper. Your name is really all that matters on the bank account.

solefoodbk 10-03-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastmaster (Post 1170769)
So my main ebay of many years I just about 2 weeks ago transfered over to business account but under sole proprietor without an EIN needed. Must I use an LLC ein business entity in order for ebay to protect the account better in case one of my weaker stealths gets permanently suspended?
I'm not sure if your familiar but ebay allowed me to switch to business sole proprietor which only required my name and SSN obviously. Is it a must to use EIN and give them my LLC?

I'm asking because I have an LLC but I don't want to waste it if it means I can get another account that is a separate entity using it.

It's up to you. I personally think single member LLC is the best solution unless you work with other people and want a multi member. If you are referring to the EIN connected to your SSN I haven't tried it but I don't think its smart.

What I did back when I started all my LLC's was create a parent company, and subsidiaries underneath it. This was important for Paypal which I think helps with eBay. If Paypal had ever wanted to cross check my info with IRS, the IRS would tell them the owner was my parent company, not me under my SSN. That way there is technically no way for them to link me as long as its viewed as an entity.

Another example is when I open a business bank account at any big name bank they are very strict about this. If I have another business bank account with them they don't consider any activity connected to another business, its 100% separate even if its under my name. I believe that is how eBay, etsy etc function now.