Paypal disputes MP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 16%
Default Paypal disputes MP

Hello everyone. This question is interesting. How does the interaction between the client and the seller take place if the dispute is open on paypal? (The seller has managed payments connected, and the client paid from Paypal) I have never encountered this. For the seller, all actions take place in the ebay account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Paypal disputes MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilla View Post
Hello everyone. This question is interesting. How does the interaction between the client and the seller take place if the dispute is open on paypal? (The seller has managed payments connected, and the client paid from Paypal) I have never encountered this. For the seller, all actions take place in the ebay account?
If the seller is using MP, then he receives payout to his bank account from ebay/Ayden and not from Paypal. Therefore the dispute takes place in his ebay account.
Correct me if I' m wrong guys.
Old 09-24-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NasterXchange View Post
If the seller is using MP, then he receives payout to his bank account from ebay/Ayden and not from Paypal. Therefore the dispute takes place in his ebay account.
Correct me if I' m wrong guys.
Well, I think so too. But I would like to hear the opinion of someone who has experienced this. Here the client opens a dispute on the paypal. He also maintains correspondence in the conflict resolution center in the PayPal account itself. And how does the seller participate in this? How he responds to messages in this case.
Old 09-24-2021

Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilla View Post
Well, I think so too. But I would like to hear the opinion of someone who has experienced this. Here the client opens a dispute on the paypal. He also maintains correspondence in the conflict resolution center in the PayPal account itself. And how does the seller participate in this? How he responds to messages in this case.
yes would be interesting to get more details)
Old 09-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

It shows up in your eBay account just like a chargeback does.

Buyers are not sending payments to your Paypal account so there is no possible way for you to respond to the dispute through Paypal. eBay handles it.

The downside is that eBay now applies the $20 chargeback resolution fee to Paypal disputes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (09-26-2021), Xilla (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021

Thanked 1,099 Times in 1,035 Posts
Activity: 89%

Did EBAY explicitly say if seller loses a paypal dispute ,there is a $20 fee?
if so,who gets to keep that $20.Ebay or Paypal?
Old 09-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Did EBAY explicitly say if seller loses a paypal dispute ,there is a $20 fee?
if so,who gets to keep that $20.Ebay or Paypal?
ebay would
Old 09-25-2021

how does a Paypal dispute work now?
when a buyer paid with PAYPAL on Ebay via MP,and file a dispute with Paypal,Paypal would immediately debit SELLER 's Paypal account for the amount in dispute.
If seller has no fund in his Paypal account,what ends up is just a debit balance and Paypal sending email asking the seller to bring the balance to neutral by transferring fund from his bank account.
In the mean time,the original payment has already been sent to seller bank account by Ebay /MP/Ayden.
Since it is an Ebay transaction,what would Ebay do?
Ebay should not withhold his MP fund if there is any,since Paypal has acted?
Unlike Ebay,AMZN does not offer Paypal as a payment method,it has full control over disputes,may be Ebay should phase out Paypal ?? since most Ebay buyers when using Paypal to make payments on EBay,they are using their credit cards via PAYPAL anyway?
Old 09-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Just go get one for yourself and find out how they work, agent. It's a simple and straightforward process. The fee is charged because an eBay rep has to spend time fighting your dispute. (that's what they say at least)

Last edited by phaz0rz; 09-26-2021 at 09:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021

Longevity: 61%

I have dealt with two paypal chargeback SNAD cases so far on MP and let me tell you both times ebay clearly says there is NO SELLER PROTECTION. They only give seller protection if its an INR and there is a valid tracking.
Both times ebay will say they have absolutely NO involvement and its between you (the seller) and paypal, Its was nothing but a nightmare and I lost both cases and was charged the 20 fee..
There were 2 options A) To accept the chargeback (that means according to ebay that you accept to refund, the return part is upto the institution)
B) Deny the claim.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghackett5 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (09-26-2021), yankee (09-28-2021)
Old 09-26-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghackett5 View Post
I have dealt with two paypal chargeback SNAD cases so far on MP and let me tell you both times ebay clearly says there is NO SELLER PROTECTION. They only give seller protection if its an INR and there is a valid tracking.
Both times ebay will say they have absolutely NO involvement and its between you (the seller) and paypal, Its was nothing but a nightmare and I lost both cases and was charged the 20 fee..
There were 2 options A) To accept the chargeback (that means according to ebay that you accept to refund, the return part is upto the institution)
B) Deny the claim.
if your buyer used his cc to make payment via Paypal and open a case with Paypal,and you lose,there should not be a $20 chargeback fee because it is not a chargeback,it is just a Paypal dispute
But if he goes to his cc issuer and file a chargeback and you lose,there is a $20 chargeback fee as his cc issuer is charging Paypal that $20-$50 fee and Paypal wants you to pick up the tab.
chargeback fee varies with cc issuer,some may charge 25,some can go as high as $75
Old 09-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

I agree the system is a nightmare to deal with. I would much rather it be like how it is with merchant accounts where they will let you provide as much evidence as you want to dispute the dispute. Even in Paypal they would let us upload additional documentation.

eBay only allows you to confirm the tracking # you've already uploaded, and that's it. Not sure how I'm supposed to win like that but I assume since eBay already has all details about the buyer and seller they feel no reason to ask for it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
yankee (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
how does a Paypal dispute work now?
when a buyer paid with PAYPAL on Ebay via MP,and file a dispute with Paypal,Paypal would immediately debit SELLER 's Paypal account for the amount in dispute.
If seller has no fund in his Paypal account,what ends up is just a debit balance and Paypal sending email asking the seller to bring the balance to neutral by transferring fund from his bank account.
In the mean time,the original payment has already been sent to seller bank account by Ebay /MP/Ayden.
Since it is an Ebay transaction,what would Ebay do?
Ebay should not withhold his MP fund if there is any,since Paypal has acted?
Unlike Ebay,AMZN does not offer Paypal as a payment method,it has full control over disputes,may be Ebay should phase out Paypal ?? since most Ebay buyers when using Paypal to make payments on EBay,they are using their credit cards via PAYPAL anyway?
For the MP Seller, a PayPal dispute is equivalent to a ‘financial institution chargeback’, known in eBay terms as the ‘Payment Dispute (PD)’. MP seller’s PayPal account is not involved at all. The case is essentially against eBay who then opens a Payment dispute on MP Seller’s eBay account to resolve the case. eBay debits the refund, if one is due, from seller’s available, processing and/or held funds in MP.

Seller can fight the PD, providing docs to eBay or accept liability. If PD was for SNAD, eBay will try to sort a return in the process but no guarantees.

Here’s the process (**warning**eBay link) in detail:
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/ge...sputes?id=4799

To see what kind of seller protections are available when fighting an eBay Payment Dispute, there is a link to it in the link above.
Old 09-28-2021

according to the link you provided,Ebay said
A payment dispute is when a buyer initiates a chargeback or other type of dispute with their payment institution (for example, their credit card provider or PayPal). The final decision for refunding the buyer is made by the payment institution.
----------------------
So PAYPAL decides,if seller loses,there is no need for MP to do anything since Paypal has already debited his account the minute his buyer opens a case with Paypal.
If seller has no money in his Paypal account,Paypal is the one who has to deal with it,not MP.
Old 09-28-2021
Executive [VIP]

I've had Paypal disputes and regular chargebacks and I haven't seen any option to upload supporting documentation yet. I believe all of mine have been for "unauthorized payment" but the only thing eBay lets me do is confirm the tracking number I've already uploaded.
Old 09-28-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I've had Paypal disputes and regular chargebacks and I haven't seen any option to upload supporting documentation yet. I believe all of mine have been for "unauthorized payment" but the only thing eBay lets me do is confirm the tracking number I've already uploaded.
I called ebay about this last year. There is nothing ebay can do for a chargeback for SNAD. They ask for supporting but there is nothing that they do with it so they eliminated the upload function it seems.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021

INAD has no seller protection,sometimes the buyer cc issuer wont even ask buyer to return the item
Old 09-30-2021

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
according to the link you provided,Ebay said
A payment dispute is when a buyer initiates a chargeback or other type of dispute with their payment institution (for example, their credit card provider or PayPal). The final decision for refunding the buyer is made by the payment institution.
----------------------
So PAYPAL decides,if seller loses,there is no need for MP to do anything since Paypal has already debited his account the minute his buyer opens a case with Paypal.
If seller has no money in his Paypal account,Paypal is the one who has to deal with it,not MP.
The article further down says, “eBay may hold the funds from payout up to 30 days from when the dispute arises.” So MP does do something.

This is PayPal disputes on MP.

There is no PayPal transaction listed in a MP Seller’s PayPal account to deduct anything. The PayPal transaction is with eBay’s MP merchant account or whatever.

I was just chatting with someone who said they didn’t even have a PayPal transaction in their PayPal account to appeal when they lost a eBay MP ‘PayPal chargeback’ payment dispute.

Now if a seller has not transitioned over to MP from PayPal, then I concur.