eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   When is it advisable to start listing on new eBay account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/145534-when-advisable-start-listing-new-ebay-account.html)

samspalace 10-08-2021 01:34 PM

When is it advisable to start listing on new eBay account

Hi everyone,

eBay has changed a lot over the years back in the day I would wait 30 days before listing a new item.

Is it still the same procedure or can I list earlier then 30 days.

Items I hand range from £10 to £400.

Appreciate all your replies.

murdered_by_ebay 10-08-2021 02:55 PM

Re: When is it advisable to start listing on new eBay account

Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 1172255)
Hi everyone,

eBay has changed a lot over the years back in the day I would wait 30 days before listing a new item.

you can start whenever you like , even 5 minutes after opening up is good

Bigblackdog 10-08-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 1172255)
Hi everyone,

Ordinary Joe Soaps list straight after opening an account - I've never understood this nonsense about waiting - what are you hoping to achieve?

:ranger:

samspalace 10-08-2021 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=Bigblackdog;1172260]Ordinary Joe Soaps list straight after opening an account - I've never understood this nonsense about waiting - what are you hoping to achieve?

The reason for waiting for a month in the passed was to avoid account suspension and list medium risk items. So is it okay for me to list an £80 used item or £300 used item right now.

murdered_by_ebay 10-08-2021 06:43 PM

[quote=samspalace;1172261]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1172260)
Ordinary Joe Soaps list straight after opening an account - I've never understood this nonsense about waiting - what are you hoping to achieve?

The reason for waiting for a month in the passed was to avoid account suspension and list medium risk items. So is it okay for me to list an £80 used item or £300 used item right now.

waiting won't make any difference there

rsot 10-09-2021 06:20 AM

[quote=samspalace;1172261]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1172260)
So is it okay for me to list an £80 used item or £300 used item right now.

What category?

samspalace 10-09-2021 10:21 AM

[quote=rsot;1172292]
Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 1172261)

What category?

Electronics. The listing wouldn’t go up had to call in eBay and everything fine my listing is up for sale.

I wanted to create multiple stealth accounts but if I have to call in for every account to list an item up then surely my voice will be recognised unless theirs another way where your listing goes up without calling if anyone knows?

burbur 10-09-2021 11:18 PM

Most important is the first item. You should browse for some time like 1-2 weeks and then you can list ONE item pref a book.

If account does not get banned in 2 days you can list an a bit riskier item, not an item of course, but something for 50-100 gbp will be ok.

Chances are 50-50 that you get banned after first item

Bigblackdog 10-10-2021 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burbur (Post 1172352)
Most important is the first item. You should browse for some time like 1-2 weeks and then you can list ONE item pref a book.

If account does not get banned in 2 days you can list an a bit riskier item, not an item of course, but something for 50-100 gbp will be ok.

Chances are 50-50 that you get banned after first item

Is this what 'ordinary' non-stealth people do?

Explain how that helps?

burbur 10-10-2021 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1172362)
Is this what 'ordinary' non-stealth people do?

Explain how that helps?

ebay does not profit from more sellers, as there are more people willing to sell than to buy.

it is no difference if there are 10 sellers selling the same products 3 times each or only 3 sellers, which are selling the same product 10 times.

In fact the products will be sold in total 30 times.

In fact it is even better for eBay to have only 3 sellers instead of 10 as they will have less competition and the price will be more expensive so they have less competition.

Ordinary sellers most likely have an account already which they sold with or have an buyer account which they used to buy many items in the past and converted it to a seller one, so the account is good aged.

there are ways to make new accounts but it becomes harder and harder and accounts get more and more expensive

Bigblackdog 10-10-2021 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burbur (Post 1172363)
ebay does not profit from more sellers, as there are more people willing to sell than to buy.

it is no difference if there are 10 sellers selling the same products 3 times each or only 3 sellers, which are selling the same product 10 times.

In fact the products will be sold in total 30 times.

In fact it is even better for eBay to have only 3 sellers instead of 10 as they will have less competition and the price will be more expensive so they have less competition.

Ordinary sellers most likely have an account already which they sold with or have an buyer account which they used to buy many items in the past and converted it to a seller one, so the account is good aged.

there are ways to make new accounts but it becomes harder and harder and accounts get more and more expensive

I certainly agree with all of that but I struggle to understand the obsession with waiting to list

Surely if you have passsed through Adyen and MP you have jumped throigh all the hoops needed for an account

I am not advocating listing hundreds of items but I am saying that if you have passed checks as I described above then tip toeing around 'safe' listings is no longer relevant or needed - it is illogical

Xilla 10-10-2021 06:25 AM

I always start exhibiting products on the first or second day after registration. Everything is fine.

rsot 10-10-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xilla (Post 1172376)
I always start exhibiting products on the first or second day after registration. Everything is fine.

Listimg price you set at what level?

samspalace 10-10-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1172364)
I certainly agree with all of that but I struggle to understand the obsession with waiting to list

Surely if you have passsed through Adyen and MP you have jumped throigh all the hoops needed for an account

I am not advocating listing hundreds of items but I am saying that if you have passed checks as I described above then tip toeing around 'safe' listings is no longer relevant or needed - it is illogical

I think the reason why waiting to list an item is when your new to eBay you have a new icon next to your name saying new user so maybe if you list to quickly you then have to call eBay. If I’m creating multiple accounts I don’t want to have to call in to list my first item on every account so maybe waiting a month when the new registered icon disappears it will be best to list I don’t know just my assumption.

rsot 10-11-2021 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 1172410)
I think the reason why waiting to list an item is when your new to eBay you have a new icon next to your name saying new user so maybe if you list to quickly you then have to call eBay. If I’m creating multiple accounts I don’t want to have to call in to list my first item on every account so maybe waiting a month when the new registered icon disappears it will be best to list I don’t know just my assumption.

That icon of new user idea feels like just an assumption

samspalace 10-11-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1172493)
That icon of new user idea feels like just an assumption

Do you have any advice on how I can list an item on a brand new account without having to call in?

murdered_by_ebay 10-11-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 1172520)
Do you have any advice on how I can list an item on a brand new account without having to call in?

even the vast majority of ebay employees would not know , this is a bot doing suspensions and restrictions. so eventually this problem on initial listings will come up on most new accounts

mindsource21 10-16-2021 03:58 PM

Waiting 1 month to list on accounts does sense. You can list item whenever you want. If your acct has to be suspended. It will happen now or 1 month latter. It’s all decided by the system what will happen to an account. No one manually checks your listing or what date you open an account.

murdered_by_ebay 10-16-2021 04:20 PM

first listing may get removed by bot and if it does not it will still get a manual review and may get removed as well. same is with subsequent listings , some are removed manually , others by bots. so it is really a waste of time to wait for weeks