now that stealth is toast, whats your plan? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-10-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default now that stealth is toast, whats your plan?

Effectively stealth ebay is over and am sure remaining loopholes will soon get closed. I've spent quite long time doing this and now I need to seriously reconsider what I do with my career and life.

Kind of undecided if I should go for the career route whilst am still in my 30s or try and start a different business.

Wondering if anyone is in similar situation and whats their plan
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2021

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: now that stealth is toast, whats your plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMele1 View Post
Effectively stealth ebay is over and am sure remaining loopholes will soon get closed. I've spent quite long time doing this and now I need to seriously reconsider what I do with my career and life.

Kind of undecided if I should go for the career route whilst am still in my 30s or try and start a different business.

I don’t know if I would say stealth is toast. At first for about 16 months I was just running one eBay account that’s it and working in my day job. I’ve finally come to realise I need multiple accounts so my plan is to create as many accounts as possible and have multiple streams of income per account to hopefully leave my job.

I don’t think stealth is dead as when I rang eBay to get my item listed she asked if I have any other eBay accounts and I said NO and she said okay that’s fine. So I believe creating multiple accounts with different address, phone number, desktop and Residential IP is the way to go.

If one of my account goes down I don’t think the others will I’m only using same name and date of birth everything is new details/personal information. So that’s my plan anyway.
Old 10-10-2021

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
I don’t know if I would say stealth is toast. At first for about 16 months I was just running one eBay account that’s it and working in my day job. I’ve finally come to realise I need multiple accounts so my plan is to create as many accounts as possible and have multiple streams of income per account to hopefully leave my job.

I don’t think stealth is dead as when I rang eBay to get my item listed she asked if I have any other eBay accounts and I said NO and she said okay that’s fine. So I believe creating multiple accounts with different address, phone number, desktop and Residential IP is the way to go.

If one of my account goes down I don’t think the others will I’m only using same name and date of birth everything is new details/personal information. So that’s my plan anyway.

Hello,

Congratulations for getting a eBay account. Its actually very hard to get one these days on stealth.

May I please ask is this a personal account or business? And did you create it completely brand new?

Thanks for sharing your experience it would help us all.

Good luck my friend
Old 10-10-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardgrafter View Post
Hello,

Congratulations for getting a eBay account. Its actually very hard to get one these days on stealth.

May I please ask is this a personal account or business? And did you create it completely brand new?

Thanks for sharing your experience it would help us all.

Good luck my friend
Yes I created it brand new. When I create stealth account its a business account registered as sole trader never personal account because when you list item your name is not shown only business name you choose upon registration. If I sell in same category then address and business name different for the accounts.

I use same name, same date of birth but everything else is different. Bank account must match your name but different address on eBay is fine.

Make sure you have online banking with banks Adyen accepts and make sure you connect your bank through trustly and not enter sort code or account number ad if you manually enter account number and sort code it will take time to verify the account and they will ask for bank statement so always connect through trustly.

Hope this helps..

P.S I’m in the process of trying to find a way without calling eBay up when listing on new account as if I have multiple accounts don’t want to call in for every account when listing an item hopefully I’ll master this out very soon lol.

Last edited by samspalace; 10-10-2021 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 17%

Stealth is just one option. If e-commerce is your thing, there are many alternatives. The choice is always yours.
Old 10-11-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

The whole stealth rule book needs to be re-written

What held before no longer appears to.

The main problem appears to be ID and no one has yet found a way past Adyen but I'm sure it wiill happen in time

There are ways to successfully get a new Ebay account but because of the complex nature of it and things required it appears we still have a lot to learn and I'm sure we are learning all the time

Whether true stealth is going to be doable remains to be seen

Old 10-11-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
The whole stealth rule book needs to be re-written

What held before no longer appears to.

The main problem appears to be ID and no one has yet found a way past Adyen but I'm sure it wiill happen in time

There are ways to successfully get a new Ebay account but because of the complex nature of it and things required it appears we still have a lot to learn and I'm sure we are learning all the time

Whether true stealth is going to be doable remains to be seen

Right on - update needed
Old 10-11-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:

I am sure there are still ways to create stealth and make some money short term. But you're missing the bigger picture, all loopholes will soon get closed, and as a long term career its over. Furthermore I suspect government, ebay and banks started to share a lot more information so anything you do has to be 100% whitehat. No more selling chinese copies and you better make sure you have accountant...
Old 10-11-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

If you're making a living selling chinese counterfeits you can't really see it as an injustice when platforms start taking steps to shut you down. eBay is just trying to remain a relevant company.

I'll never spend my time working for another man so for me the way forward is business accounts. Sales are about the same for me now as they were two years ago. I was able to add a few direct-order customers to my list after abandoning a few eBay's I was selling on that I couldn't upgrade to MP. I've had the same accountant since my first year selling online. Nice old guy.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (10-16-2021)
Old 10-11-2021

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
No more selling chinese copies and you better make sure you have accountant...
If you were selling counterfeits, I'm GLAD they shut you down. And I hope you never figure out the way to move forward with the same business tactics.

Or maybe I have misunderstood you?
Old 10-11-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
If you were selling counterfeits, I'm GLAD they shut you down. And I hope you never figure out the way to move forward with the same business tactics.

Or maybe I have misunderstood you?
So you're knowingly breaking the law and ebays terms and conditions but are taking a high ground on one particular issue. If it makes you feel better then go for it. Just try to add some value to the conversation next time.
Old 10-11-2021

Quote:
So you're knowingly breaking the law and ebays terms and conditions

I'm not breaking a single law, or term/condition. Try again.
Old 10-11-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
If you're making a living selling chinese counterfeits you can't really see it as an injustice when platforms start taking steps to shut you down. eBay is just trying to remain a relevant company.

I'll never spend my time working for another man so for me the way forward is business accounts. Sales are about the same for me now as they were two years ago. I was able to add a few direct-order customers to my list after abandoning a few eBay's I was selling on that I couldn't upgrade to MP. I've had the same accountant since my first year selling online. Nice old guy.
I am glad its working for you. I have nothing against ebay to be honest, everyone is looking out for their own business model. Personally I am glad my ebay journey came to and end as there are many other opportunities out there. But do you think your business will survive further verification checks? what would you do it there was no stealth
Old 10-11-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Okay pal, having multiple accounts is perfectly legal is it ). You can keep saying nonsense if it helps you sleep but am not responding to idiotical statement anymore
Old 10-11-2021

Quote:
Okay pal, having multiple accounts is perfectly legal is it ). You can keep saying nonsense if it helps you sleep but am not responding to idiotical statement anymore
Sounds like you don't know much about ebay. Or maybe it's just different in the UK.

Actually, since I now realize you are selling in the UK, I don't really give a sh!t if you're selling phake junk. Just keep it over there
Old 10-11-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
I am glad its working for you. I have nothing against ebay to be honest, everyone is looking out for their own business model. Personally I am glad my ebay journey came to and end as there are many other opportunities out there. But do you think your business will survive further verification checks? what would you do it there was no stealth

No problems so far. I have not had an eBay account suspended since I lost my original account for bad metrics and came here 6 or 7 years ago. So I've never been running a turn-and-burn operation, my accounts are all old and strong, and eBay is fine with the same person having multiple business accounts enrolled in (USA) MP, evidently. So far, so good.

In the absolute worst case if I lost the ability to sell on eBay at all, I have enough of a direct order base built up to keep moving inventory. It would be slower but I could get by and focus on other ventures.
Old 10-11-2021

Quote:
I am sure there are still ways to create stealth and make some money short term. But you're missing the bigger picture, all loopholes will soon get closed, and as a long term career its over. Furthermore I suspect government, ebay and banks started to share a lot more information so anything you do has to be 100% whitehat. No more selling chinese copies and you better make sure you have accountant...
I’m sorry but I disagree. I don’t think it’s over at all. It’s just a new change for everyone to learn it and master it.

Theirs already a loophole registering with managed payments, and that is address can be different from eBay to your bank account, doesn’t have to match so that’s stealth right their, so stealth in my opinion is not dead as many people say it is.

I’ve yet to be asked to send photo ID in yet that would be interesting, as I’ve heard of people using same passport, but from a logical point of view if one account has been suspended with passport then surely sending the same one in on another account will fail. I’ve yet to try that, but fortunately I havnt been suspended yet, so if asked to send in passport it should be alright.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (10-16-2021), KODE332 (10-11-2021), rsot (10-12-2021)
Old 10-12-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
I don’t know if I would say stealth is toast. If one of my account goes down I don’t think the others will I’m only using same name and date of birth everything is new details/personal information. So that’s my plan anyway.
Good idea !
Old 10-16-2021

Longevity: 50%

Quote:

Stealth is still very possible at worst it's just become a bit more expensive. The new requirements have made it more difficult for churn and burn but accounts that will be used properly, the investment is worth it. We make ebay and Amazon accounts daily to attach to shelf and companies for rent. Think about your setup, any corners being cut? If so it's going to burn you now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gotya108 For This Useful Post:
KODE332 (10-16-2021)
Old 10-16-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
No problems so far. I have not had an eBay account suspended since I lost my original account for bad metrics and came here 6 or 7 years ago. So I've never been running a turn-and-burn operation, my accounts are all old and strong, and eBay is fine with the same person having multiple business accounts enrolled in (USA) MP, evidently. So far, so good.

In the absolute worst case if I lost the ability to sell on eBay at all, I have enough of a direct order base built up to keep moving inventory. It would be slower but I could get by and focus on other ventures.
If you have multiple accounts in your real details and you happen to lose one of them then all of your accounts will go down. I’m finding it hard creating a stealth account in my name with different address. My only best option is to create one in family/friends real details and attach my bank account to it can’t see another way at the moment.
Old 10-16-2021

Longevity: 16%

Quote:
GOOD MAN!... Oh and by the way Biden bought a 58 million dollar mansion in Washington, D.C. recently. I guess he had a great canoe rental shop on the Delaware River gap.
Nancy Pelosi just put down a 10 million dollar bet/buy on Microsoft a day before the announcement that Microsoft got a 22 billion dollar contract with the government.
Eat or be eatin
The Following User Says Thank You to hercules2 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (10-18-2021)
Old 10-16-2021

Longevity: 42%

eBay Stealth accounts are still possible and you can even have multiple accts and as many you want on same device. You will have to work very hard