Residential Proxy vs Proxy vs VPN - help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-31-2021

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%
Default Residential Proxy vs Proxy vs VPN - help

I have always used 24vc but their service lately has been horrible so I want to switch. My intentions is using IPBurger, but I am not sure the best option that is equivalent to 24vc in safety.

Ultimately I want to the best option for what we do, and most reliable. Feels like most people use VPN here, but reading IPBurger it seems like they promote the proxy more. Especially the use of Residential Proxy. I already paid for "fresh proxy" because I just want a Fresh IP and I thought this was the option I was supposed to select for best safety. I am having second thoughts after reading their website.

I don't want to cut corners on this, I want the best option with the understanding I am not going to have my own Static IP in use from my location.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-31-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Residential Proxy vs Proxy vs VPN - help

My most precious accounts are Amazon accounts.
I have IPBurger Residential IP since it first came out and used it on 3 laptops for 3 amazon accounts.

Ever since I have used it for about 10 accounts on 10 laptops.

THe IP rotates every 10-30 minutes for me but since I changed the ID code (whatever it's called) for each account the IPs are different per account and has its own ISP which is static and most important.

I haven't had a single suspension and that's what I feel safest to date.

Just sharing my experience
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
My most precious accounts are Amazon accounts.
I have IPBurger Residential IP since it first came out and used it on 3 laptops for 3 amazon accounts.

Ever since I have used it for about 10 accounts on 10 laptops.

THe IP rotates every 10-30 minutes for me but since I changed the ID code (whatever it's called) for each account the IPs are different per account and has its own ISP which is static and most important.

I haven't had a single suspension and that's what I feel safest to date.

Just sharing my experience
Thanks, I think when I make a new Amazon account I'll use that. It's just for my eBay I purchased the "Fresh IP" , but I don't get the difference from that to "dedicated". Ideally what I want is a Fresh IP, never used, and will not be shared to anyone.

It sounds like these are all proxies vs VPN. So proxy is the best solution moving forward? VPN used to be the best option for stealth, I guess things changed.
Old 11-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Thanks, I think when I make a new Amazon account I'll use that.
Good wishes - hope it works solidly
Old 11-01-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%

As I understand it fresh and dedicated are the same IP. Fresh has had a 180 day cool off while the dedicated has had 90 day cool off period. Theres no guarantee the IPs have never been used
Old 11-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Denden is right, all IP's being distributed by VPN companies have been used at some point because it's not a sustainable business model to trash an IP address and never use it again after one of your customers gets an account suspended.

solefood, I'm in the same boat as you. I've been using 24vc "fresh" IP's since I bought my first stealth account because at the time that was the service this forum endorsed and recommended. They are datacenter IP's just like ipburger's VPN plans but they've been fine for running eBay and Paypal accounts for years now. I had 12 active IP's with them until this year when I started letting them expire since I no longer need them due to MP and other changes.

To be honest I'm sketched out by the "residential" IP plans, because, where exactly are these IP's coming from? The way IP's "rotate" very frequently makes it seem like a botnet, with people all over the world unaware that their internet connection is being using remotely for short periods of time. It's also weird to me how most people here were against ever using proxies to run an account until... well, you know.
Old 11-02-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDEN76 View Post
As I understand it fresh and dedicated are the same IP. Fresh has had a 180 day cool off while the dedicated has had 90 day cool off period. Theres no guarantee the IPs have never been used
Ok, so I'm confused then...

Why are they are offering two different versions for the same price? Why would you ever want to buy dedicated over fresh then?
Old 11-02-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Denden is right, all IP's being distributed by VPN companies have been used at some point because it's not a sustainable business model to trash an IP address and never use it again after one of your customers gets an account suspended.

solefood, I'm in the same boat as you. I've been using 24vc "fresh" IP's since I bought my first stealth account because at the time that was the service this forum endorsed and recommended. They are datacenter IP's just like ipburger's VPN plans but they've been fine for running eBay and Paypal accounts for years now. I had 12 active IP's with them until this year when I started letting them expire since I no longer need them due to MP and other changes.

To be honest I'm sketched out by the "residential" IP plans, because, where exactly are these IP's coming from? The way IP's "rotate" very frequently makes it seem like a botnet, with people all over the world unaware that their internet connection is being using remotely for short periods of time. It's also weird to me how most people here were against ever using proxies to run an account until... well, you know.
There are sites that already ban VPN use like Etsy, Mercari, and Grailed. Back in 2018 I had a Paypal limitation, and during the process of recovery at some point (I can't remember when) one of the high up agents told me they knew I was using a VPN and I needed to stop. I never did, but I know they don't like it. I also know eBay knows, and don't like it. I've known that from being told by very, very high up people in eBay since 2019. Its just never been a problem like you know.

Residential is probably the smartest strategy. I'm going to keep my Fresh IP I just bought, but I'll eventually move towards Residential IP. Planning into the future I don't think VPN will be around in 5 years for eBay or Paypal. It will be banned.
Old 11-13-2021
Threadstarter  

FYI - I have been using IPBurger for 2 weeks and love it. Highly recommend it over 24vc.
Old 11-15-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
FYI - I have been using IPBurger for 2 weeks and love it. Highly recommend it over 24vc.
fresh dedicated VPN or the Residential IP one?

And this is for eBay?
Old 11-16-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I run all my ebay, walmart, etsy accounts on one single broadband for years now. All of them.
Amazon we use cell phone hotspots.
Old 11-30-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
fresh dedicated VPN or the residential IP one?

And this is for eBay?
Fresh proxy, and on my most aged eBay account.
Old 12-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I'm letting all my vpn subscriptions run out. They're useless to me now with the exception of one CA VPN I use to access services that can't operate in the US. (fixedfloat, namely).

I might use a free VPN once I have no more paid ones but really what's the point.. eBay already knows for certain I'm running multiple accounts. It probably just looks silly from their POV for me to be logging in from 3 different IPs.
Old 12-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I'm letting all my vpn subscriptions run out. They're useless to me now with the exception of one CA VPN I use to access services that can't operate in the US. (fixedfloat, namely).

I might use a free VPN once I have no more paid ones but really what's the point.. eBay already knows for certain I'm running multiple accounts. It probably just looks silly from their POV for me to be logging in from 3 different IPs.
Why do you say they know for certain? Is it because of managed payments? I don't believe that causes a link when using your real info if its a business.
Old 12-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Why do you say they know for certain? Is it because of managed payments? I don't believe that causes a link when using your real info if its a business.
The link is via IP but if it's the only link, one could argue that it's not strong enough to warrant a linked suspension...
Old 10-17-2022

Longevity: 8%

I often use mobile proxies for my work. The good thing about this kind of proxy server is that it assigns your device a new IP every time you connect, just like a mobile device gets assigned a new IP address each time it connects to mobile data.
Most people use VPNs because it’s faster and more secure, but there are certain benefits of using a proxy server too. They are more reliable, and the uptime of proxy servers is better, from my experience. Especially if you use paid services like Europe proxy that offer better conditions than free proxies, such services are usually subscription-based and safer than free proxies.
Old 10-17-2022
Executive [VIP]

Welcome to the forum tengizipine - all the best as you master stealth