eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   ebay profits up 10%! (Sales down 5%) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/145815-ebay-profits-up-10-sales-down-5-a.html)

starengine 11-04-2021 07:14 AM

ebay profits up 10%! (Sales down 5%)

I got an email from a reputable ecommerce newsletter... it said ebay profits up 10% - but sales down 5%. Or at least it was something like that.

Let's all raise our hands and thank God ebay is getting richer.

But... the 5% down = bad for sellers and in turn bad for buyers.

Other market places are going up and up and ebay is left screwing sellers (in Western countries) while allowing the Chinese to have a growth party.

The 10% profits up - I guess that is coming from the new ads system ebay has. The profits up has to be short term, long term, you can't keep squeezing the reducing number of sellers and getting more and more out.

I'm not an ebay hater. ebay is all I know. 😥
I need ebay to succeed - but they just want to fail.
Rant over. 🙂

phaz0rz 11-04-2021 07:44 AM

Re: ebay profits up 10%! (Sales down 5%)

I disagree with much of what you said. The chinese competition has all but been eliminated on US eBay other than those chinese sellers big enough to maintain stock and a presence in the US.

Someone here a few weeks ago posted that eBay just had a record quarter thanks to promoted listings. :noidea:

Ebay is "squeezing" sellers in the same way Amazon has always done (and it's worked out great for Amazon) - they are vetting sellers like they probably should have always done. If eBay had done this in the first place they never would have become known as "flea bay" and they wouldn't have been overrun with trash digital items for the past 5yrs.

newstart123 11-04-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starengine (Post 1174910)
I got an email from a reputable ecommerce newsletter... it said ebay profits up 10% - but sales down 5%. Or at least it was something like that.

Let's all raise our hands and thank God ebay is getting richer.

But... the 5% down = bad for sellers and in turn bad for buyers.

Other market places are going up and up and ebay is left screwing sellers (in Western countries) while allowing the Chinese to have a growth party.

The 10% profits up - I guess that is coming from the new ads system ebay has. The profits up has to be short term, long term, you can't keep squeezing the reducing number of sellers and getting more and more out.

I'm not an ebay hater. ebay is all I know. 😥
I need ebay to succeed - but they just want to fail.
Rant over. 🙂

absolutelly not. To be chineese seller is super hard on ebay, what is more ebay fight with dropshippers from china and us marketplaces to keep safe place. Yes their bans is awful, but your post is not true at all

solefoodbk 11-04-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1174912)
I disagree with much of what you said. The chinese competition has all but been eliminated on US eBay other than those chinese sellers big enough to maintain stock and a presence in the US.

Someone here a few weeks ago posted that eBay just had a record quarter thanks to promoted listings. :noidea:

Ebay is "squeezing" sellers in the same way Amazon has always done (and it's worked out great for Amazon) - they are vetting sellers like they probably should have always done. If eBay had done this in the first place they never would have become known as "flea bay" and they wouldn't have been overrun with trash digital items for the past 5yrs.

This is true. I was checking the brands I sell recently on a private browser and was really shocked how much less is available for sale. Most of those came from Chinese sellers. It is a little uncomfortable to see that because it shows how many sellers got left behind with MP but its good for me I suppose.

nanyitech 11-04-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newstart123 (Post 1174964)
absolutelly not. To be chineese seller is super hard on ebay, what is more ebay fight with dropshippers from china and us marketplaces to keep safe place. Yes their bans is awful, but your post is not true at all

Yes, you are right, it is the hardest time for Chinese sellers. But it is the best time for local sellers now, if they can do things right, to get more good cargos.

rsot 11-05-2021 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanyitech (Post 1175021)
Yes, you are right, it is the hardest time for Chinese sellers. But it is the best time for local sellers now, if they can do things right, to get more good cargos.

Hard time - but tackled with sheer volume of accounts created and thrown around

starengine 11-05-2021 07:01 AM

Happy to be told I am wrong! ��
Lets see how the future goes

phaz0rz 11-05-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanyitech (Post 1175021)

This explains why all of a sudden I'm getting almost daily solicitation messages from Chinese eBay sellers trying to sell me stock in bulk. :pop2:

walkingupwards 11-05-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1174912)

What kind of squeezing are we talking about? Any new policies or something?

phaz0rz 11-05-2021 10:17 AM

Not allowing shady sellers to operate unlimited numbers of stealth accounts.
Applying tons of new regulations to digital items so half the site isn't bootleg microsoft codes.
Verifying account details incrementally as revenue increases to make sure they know who they are dealing with.
MC113'ing all new accounts and any aged accounts that are suspected of changing hands.

etc.

Basically they are being a lot more careful with who they allow to sell and what can be sold now that they are handling all of the money.

Camaro2SS 11-06-2021 03:09 AM

My Amazon sales have been down significantly in the last 4 weeks.

rsot 11-06-2021 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro2SS (Post 1175167)
My Amazon sales have been down significantly in the last 4 weeks.

Same with your eb sales?

Camaro2SS 11-08-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1175173)
Same with your eb sales?

not as significant as my Amazon. I was doing well over 200 units a day just 4 weeks ago. As for eBay sales slowed down but not as significantly. I guess maybe 10%.