eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   how nice you can be to treat buyers? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/145847-how-nice-you-can-treat-buyers.html)

likefrasers 11-07-2021 05:33 PM

how nice you can be to treat buyers?

Recently a buyer complained she didn't receive her order even though tracking shows it's delivered.

She started to call me "scam", so I replied her very sarcastic. She then complained that I am rude. I replied,

"Because you are rude to us first, calling us scam. If you want to be treated politely with respect, first be polite to others. We are seller but we are not your servent slave. If we did something wrong, we apology but if you are rude to us, we won't be nice back."

Are you always nice to your buyers even they talk to you rude firstly? Why buyers are always right, why sellers can not have our own characters to be rude back sometimes?

slokor 11-07-2021 05:56 PM

Re: how nice you can be to treat buyers?

If you want to resolve problems being rude to your costumers - even if theyre being rude and unreasonable themselves - is probably not the way to go.
I deal with plenty of rude people and sometimes it takes a LOT of effort staying civilized but it has to be done to get results.

solefoodbk 11-07-2021 08:42 PM

I try to always tell myself they aren't directing their complaints at me personally but my business. From that mindset you separate your ego and as a business its important to always remain professional.

I've been rude to plenty people but nothing really good comes from it. You never know who you piss off. They could take their entire day and report all your listings just cause.

yankee 11-07-2021 10:36 PM

Tell them to file an unpaid item claim. Then upload tracking. If they escalate ebay closes the case in your favor.

I rarely will reply to such a message. I simply supply tracking and tell them to use the ebay system.

muzzie 11-08-2021 01:37 AM

So she should open claim and get it sorted via ebay process. Swearing won't help either of you.

rsot 11-08-2021 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1175276)
If you want to resolve problems being rude to your costumers - even if theyre being rude and unreasonable themselves - is probably not the way to go.
I deal with plenty of rude people and sometimes it takes a LOT of effort staying civilized but it has to be done to get results.

Agree with this - don't stoop to the unprofessional level

richie7 11-11-2021 02:48 PM

You should have apologized, always apologize even if it's not your fault, even if you don't understand what went wrong. and then tell them to check with neighbors and stuff like that. ignore being called a scam or whatever you get called. it's not personal, be professional. besides ebay won't tolerate sellers being rude even if the buyer is a sadistic psychopath, it doesn't matter and they are right.

dano 11-11-2021 05:43 PM

To defuse aggressive people, you should be polite to them

winge00 11-11-2021 06:21 PM

Buyer is king, treat them like a king/queen,

Pandoras_box 11-12-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1175276)

My thought exactly, Slokor. This is what we do and it pays off really well eventually. But as you say, a lot of courage is called for. :bounce:

iamlmfao 11-12-2021 11:42 PM

Im a buyer that scams sellers. :) fvck you all

rsot 11-13-2021 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlmfao (Post 1175779)
Im a buyer that scams sellers. :) fvck you all

Model citizen indeed ...:pound: