MP disputes payed w/ PayPal but w/ missmatching after name changing in MP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-24-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%
Default MP disputes payed w/ PayPal but w/ missmatching after name changing in MP

Old account and PayPal appears as the primary payment method for disputes or any other related fees in MP.
The problem is that I have changed my name on eBay during the M.P. registration and now the name on PayPal is missmatched.
So when eBay takes money from PayPal (dispute/ return) eBay or both (PayPal too) will see the missmatching. Not??
Which of both parties would notice it?. Will any of them suspend the account?. I wouldn't want to lose the eBay/ Paypal ...
So would you cancel the agreement with PayPal?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-24-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to winge00
Default Re: MP disputes payed w/ PayPal but w/ missmatching after name changing in MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorcat View Post
Old account and PayPal appears as the primary payment method for disputes or any other related fees in MP.
The problem is that I have changed my name on eBay during the M.P. registration and now the name on PayPal is missmatched.
So when eBay takes money from PayPal (dispute/ return) eBay or both (PayPal too) will see the missmatching. Not??
Which of both parties would notice it?. Will any of them suspend the account?. I wouldn't want to lose the eBay/ Paypal ...
So would you cancel the agreement with PayPal?

I got the same issue but pp is only set to pay for labels, you check it properly it might only be set for labels only, because since eb now taking money directly from customers so they are the one resolving disputes and return s as well and money goes out from your bank account registered when enrolling for mp, ebay has control on your bank acc,

Since pp is attached there, I think it’s kind of permanant as can’t see any option to disconnect it, there might be option in pp settings but I hv not checked it properly,
Old 11-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: MP disputes payed w/ PayPal but w/ missmatching after name changing in MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by winge00 View Post
I got the same issue but pp is only set to pay for labels, you check it properly it might only be set for labels only, because since eb now taking money directly from customers so they are the one resolving disputes and return s as well and money goes out from your bank account registered when enrolling for mp, ebay has control on your bank acc,

Since pp is attached there, I think it’s kind of permanant as can’t see any option to disconnect it, there might be option in pp settings but I hv not checked it properly,
Go to PayPal>Settings,>Payments. There you will find two contracts with eBay you could delete
Old 11-26-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%

no, they do not care.

Paypal is not used for dispute charge method anymore.

Primary method will be direct debit from the attatched bank account, but you can change this to a debit card. go to account settings --> payments. you will have the option to add a credit/debit card. after you did that you can cliick on manage and slected the option to enable the card for disputes and chargebacks.

however there is no need for that.

furthermore you are allowed to change the name on your eb acc and you are not obligated to match paypal and ebay name.
Old 11-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbur View Post

furthermore you are allowed to change the name on your eb acc and you are not obligated to match paypal and ebay name.
You mean MP and ebay name...?