Aged account stealth name changed (important) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-14-2022

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%
Default Aged account stealth name changed (important)

I just noticed on my account the stealth name was changed. My account is very strong, and has been aged a long time. Is this common when the 1099k is processed?

As many of you might know, the stealth name gets essentially removed when you check your details info, except for the part where it says "Hi _____" on the top left of eBay. Whenever I called, I always used my stealth name.
Now it shows my real name, first and last. I don't know what to think....

Assuming my 1099k has no issue, hopefully this is a good thing. I don't believe I will ever receive a ID request, but maybe if I do this helps because I can just submit my real one. Which is a good thing.

Also, if I call in, should I say my stealth name or real name?

*EDIT: I see if I try to use chat it shows my real name. This leads me to believe they removed my stealth name. But how much really is it removed? I know for a fact they keep records of literally everything even if they deny it. That was pre managed payments though. And usually its only a problem if you are under a very serious audit.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-14-2022 at 12:45 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2022

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 31%
Default Re: Aged account stealth name changed (important)

You mean to tell us, that on your stealth account, they changed the stealth names and replaced them with your ACTUAL REAL names?

How are you working that stealth account?
Where are you located?
How can they possibly see your real names?
Anything on the account that has your real names on it?(Bank account, phone number, debit card)
Old 01-14-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%

They get your real name when signing up for MP. Since you must use your real name, DOB and SSN to sell in the US. Accounts that converted from stealth to real (due to MP) have your real name on the top of each page and in all correspondence (emails, chat, etc), yet still use your stealth name and address on shipping labels and other areas on your account. Sort of a hybrid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steveo036940 For This Useful Post:
e2free (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022
Threadstarter  

To be clear what I am saying is, everything on the account after you transition into managed payments gets changed to your real info. If you go into account details it no longer shows your stealth name for example. Except there are traces of your stealth name still on the account.

What I noticed just recently was instead of it showing the stealth name, it now shows my actual real name, the name provided during managed payments with SSN attached.

Assuming all things are equal and I never have a violation that causes deep review of the account, in time if one ever does occur, I would assume any information would be reviewed off my true name now, not stealth.

(this is also a business account)
Old 01-14-2022

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
To be clear what I am saying is, everything on the account after you transition into managed payments gets changed to your real info. If you go into account details it no longer shows your stealth name for example. Except there are traces of your stealth name still on the account.

What I noticed just recently was instead of it showing the stealth name, it now shows my actual real name, the name provided during managed payments with SSN attached.

Assuming all things are equal and I never have a violation that causes deep review of the account, in time if one ever does occur, I would assume any information would be reviewed off my true name now, not stealth.

(this is also a business account)
umm do you realize when you converted to MP you changed your faake name to your real? You have no stealth name on the account no one does unless ppl are using someone elses real info
Old 01-14-2022

Longevity: 13%

Once you sign up for MP there’s no way you can use a stealth name anymore. They are really strict on this now. I think you’re overthinking it
Old 01-16-2022
Threadstarter  

I guess maybe everyone else has a different story with this. If I went to contact support via chat they would address me by my stealth name automatically, up until now. So yes I know the name in the account details gets removed but within their system it still remained.

I have no idea what customer support can see from their end but everytime I called I always used my stealth name even though my real name was used during managed payments...
Old 01-20-2022
Threadstarter  

Well, I guess others didn't think this was as big of a deal as I did. I just contacted eBay and used my stealth name and they rejected it. They said it wasn't on file. So, this is the first time I ever had to use my real name when speaking to a rep. I've been on managed payments for over 7 months and used my stealth name every time until now...
Old 01-20-2022

Longevity: 13%

I wouldn’t be surprised with this new $600 threshold. eBay needs to have all correct information on file to mail you a 1099k. I think eBay gets fined for sending a bad 1099k I’m not sure
Old 01-20-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised with this new $600 threshold. eBay needs to have all correct information on file to mail you a 1099k. I think eBay gets fined for sending a bad 1099k I’m not sure
Agreed but my 1099k should show my business name not personal. I imagine regardless of that, it makes sense for the business owner to be the name on the account too.

It’s a positive thing, conflicting names eventually can cause problems during a manual review if one were to ever arise.