eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Verified Paypal requirement for selling on ebay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/1477-verified-paypal-requirement-selling-ebay.html)

Ballsack 10-14-2007 11:18 PM

Verified Paypal requirement for selling on ebay?

I setup a new account and when I attempted to sell something I got the paypal requirement message even though I am in the US and have a US ip address. This usually happens when you attempt to sell something while overseas or have an overseas ip address. But if you're in the US there's no reason why I need to link a verified paypal account to my ebay account. What a complete waste of time. Who else has this happened to?

DogFacedBoy 10-14-2007 11:54 PM

You don't necessarily need a paypal account, but you do need to have some way of accepting a "safe" form of payment which means a CC. So you need to link to either PP or a merchant account. So I am not sure how you can get around things to use say for instance Google CO, unless you can get to them before they use EB checkout.

Ballsack 10-15-2007 03:13 AM

I checked off merchant account like I always do but whether I do or not that never triggers this alert message. It is ONLY for overseas members wanting to sell on ebay. It's possible it's just a glitch and I got caught up in it but now the account is unusable because of this. I'm going to have to waste a backup account because of this for no reason. I expect to lose accounts for breaking some stupid ebay rule but not when I actually follow them.

powerbid 10-15-2007 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 13645)
I setup a new account and when I attempted to sell something I got the paypal requirement message even though I am in the US and have a US ip address. This usually happens when you attempt to sell something while overseas or have an overseas ip address. But if you're in the US there's no reason why I need to link a verified paypal account to my ebay account. What a complete waste of time. Who else has this happened to?

you get link paypal message whenever u attempt to sell something which is risky.. like if u are attempting to list xbox360 or ps3 in their respective areas u will always get this message.. its my experience

Ballsack 10-15-2007 04:16 AM

I always sell the same thing and it's not electronics. I better not see this again on the new account I created.

Chris Hanson 10-15-2007 09:52 AM

Yeah the reason your getting that is because your selling highly counterfeited, bootleg, or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items.

Not saying your selling those items but the items your selling may be of the type that others are selling

Ballsack 10-15-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 13666)
Yeah the reason your getting that is because your selling highly counterfeited, bootleg, or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items.

Not saying your selling those items but the items your selling may be of the type that others are selling

No that is not it. I've attempted to sell stuff while overseas once and I got the exact same message about trying to sell outside of my home country.

Modee, you have absolutely no idea what I sell.

Ballsack 10-15-2007 11:41 PM

Um, no. You're thinking of someone else. I do not sell bags, designer or otherwise. But I do buy penny auctions, so what?

Ballsack 10-16-2007 06:06 PM

I never wrote any such thing. But be my guest and find the post where I said I sell bags.

Ballsack 10-16-2007 08:56 PM

Ok if you say so.

vers0 10-16-2007 11:56 PM

Modee, I'm not sure if this has been asked but is it possible to create both an eBay & PayPal account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information and then verify the PayPal account to a legit bank account (NEW) from someone that has been suspended by eBay. How far does PayPal go to verify the user. If I'm correct, wouldn't this remove the Paypal limitation? Just your thoughts. I know getting away from PayPal will need to be the future for people who have compromised their eBay and/or PayPal accounts.

vers0 10-17-2007 12:04 AM

Modee, I read another post that you wrote stating that PayPal will eventually ask for the SS#. So I guess you do not need to reply to the above post.

newebayerwannabe 10-17-2007 12:27 AM

lol ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bags!!!!

vers0 10-17-2007 10:23 PM

Hey don't knock it. I made a few thousand dollars selling High Quality Replica bags lol (⊗⊗⊗⊗ sound so ⊗⊗⊗⊗)

Women love to spend money on stuff and all of us guys know this.

I also like the one "Inspired by......."

Ballsack 10-18-2007 04:31 AM

How much does a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bag cost you in comparison to how much you can sell it for? Maybe I should sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bags.

Chris Hanson 10-18-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 13983)
How much does a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bag cost you in comparison to how much you can sell it for? Maybe I should sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bags.

I wouldn't do it. too many customers will complain and you'll get alot of chargebacks

ebayhateluv 10-18-2007 12:25 PM

Plus, Designer bags are another VERo item, just shortens your life span.. Starting to think the Vero items are just gonna be ok to sell all the time for the old time users?

Chris Hanson 10-18-2007 12:37 PM

Vero doesn't exist with me anymore well atleast lately. I know how to beat it and operate under the radar

Chris Hanson 10-18-2007 02:46 PM

We aren't discussing ⊗⊗⊗⊗, we are discussing Vero Modee

DogFacedBoy 10-19-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vers0 (Post 13877)
Modee, I'm not sure if this has been asked but is it possible to create both an eBay & PayPal account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information and then verify the PayPal account to a legit bank account (NEW) from someone that has been suspended by eBay. How far does PayPal go to verify the user. If I'm correct, wouldn't this remove the Paypal limitation? Just your thoughts. I know getting away from PayPal will need to be the future for people who have compromised their eBay and/or PayPal accounts.

Paypal will verify if you can provide them with a real bank account. I did this within the last 10 days. The name on the PP account was not the same as the bank account. What PP does is to make a couple of deposits into your account and then you have to tell them the date and amount to prove that you have access to that account.
The name on the PP account is the real name and info of a non-ebaying friend of mine just in case a real person ever has to make a claim. I don't plan on getting involved with PP deep enough to ever let that happen

vers0 10-20-2007 02:38 AM

I love PayPal for so many reasons but the fact is having alternate methods of receiving payment is the way to go. It's just like having more than one eBay account. Having more than one provides stability with you business. If one account goes down, you should always have a backup accounts. I've been on this forum for less then one month and I can't believe how much I have learned about e-commerce. Everyone is great and just want to thank all who contributes to this forum.

kevinxu 10-21-2007 07:44 PM

if i use us ebay account to list on us ebay but choose to ship worldwide,does ebay still requirement to link paypal?