eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   More return to sender (is it Shipstation or eBay?) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/147927-more-return-sender-shipstation-ebay.html)

kirkland 06-25-2022 08:34 PM

More return to sender (is it Shipstation or eBay?)

I have been noticing that an increasing # of my packages are being returned to sender (me) than in the past. Has anyone else been having this issue? I use ShipStation to print my labels and I'm not sure if they are simply misinterpreting the address they pull from eBay, or if buyers are getting dumber, but I dont remember this being the case years ago when I was selling.

SaiJin 06-25-2022 08:38 PM

Re: More return to sender (is it Shipstation or eBay?)

USPS returning your orders you shipped to your eBay customers?

no, this is not normal... even if the buyer makes a mistake (hopefully not a dumb dumb one) the postal carrier tends to know how to fix and deliver.

I mean the addresses on the labels match the ebay address right? And at this point I assume you also checked the address itself?

kirkland 06-25-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1195745)
USPS returning your orders you shipped to your eBay customers?

no, this is not normal... even if the buyer makes a mistake (hopefully not a dumb dumb one) the postal carrier tends to know how to fix and deliver.

I mean the addresses on the labels match the ebay address right? And at this point I assume you also checked the address itself?

I actually have not had the time to check the addresses against each other. But these are the results I get when simply clicking "Ship" within Shipstation. SS will pull the addresses and then parse them (and sometimes 'fix' them as they view appropriate). If its not normal, it must be a SS thing... I'm going to email them about it

Often times SS will return an error message of some sort because it can't interpret the address (or some other BS message, eg if its incompatible or w/e) in which case I'll print the label directly off eBay. But I've not seen other posters complain about SS not being able to handle certain addresses despite it being a fairly common occurrence with me (a few times a week it happens)

Its a small % of overall packages, but enough to notice. I hope other SS users can chime in

SaiJin 06-25-2022 09:40 PM

Yea, I can't imagine multiple post offices would be returning to you.

It's also possible SS had a glitch when printing out your QR/barcode.

kirkland 07-11-2022 11:08 AM

Hm, so I'm not going crazy. its still happening for me

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-eba...e-address.html

SaiJin 07-11-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 1196933)
Hm, so I'm not going crazy. its still happening for me

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-eba...e-address.html

wth... Do you think you can use a different mail provider instead of shipstation just to test for say a week?

kirkland 07-11-2022 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1196940)
wth... Do you think you can use a different mail provider instead of shipstation just to test for say a week?

Thats a good idea. I'll have to research some alternatives

phazorz said he was having the same issue w stamps in that thread, and SS is based off stamps... so make sense

Stamps.com also had that terrible issue back in November where they were issuing shipping labels for tracking #s that were already in use for other customers... literally during Black Friday of all times too! idk why they've gotten so unreliable recently

SaiJin 07-13-2022 11:41 AM

There's endicia which is just as old as shipstation or older.

You can try them out.

Just wondering though, can't you just do a mass print out from eBay directly?

kirkland 07-14-2022 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1197084)
There's endicia which is just as old as shipstation or older.

You can try them out.

Just wondering though, can't you just do a mass print out from eBay directly?

its a little more inconvenient. I have a handful of accounts, and id need to configure my label printer for these things, and update the ship from addresses which could cause potential links (?)

but maybe it could work.

endicia is distinct from stamps.com right?