eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   If I Give Refund Will it Remove Negative Feedback? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/147988-if-i-give-refund-will-remove-negative-feedback.html)

vigilantex69 07-01-2022 02:26 PM

If I Give Refund Will it Remove Negative Feedback?

So over the past year I’ve noticed some thing where if the seller gives you a full refund, if you leave negative feedback it doesn’t seem to post on their account. The same thing I believe with a couple of my accounts where somebody left me negative feedback and I gave them a refund and when I processed the refund the negative feedback was removed?

I recently had a guy buy something from me, and make all of these accusations, and I even mailed him another one and when I offered to ask him to ship it back he open the case, but I don’t think he’s going to mail it back. And then he just went and left me negative feedback anyway. What I was going to do was issue him a partial refund to remove the negative feedback?

Does anyone know for sure? If I give someone a refund as a seller does it automatically remove their negative feedback? It seems to be that way I’ve seen it as both a buyer and a seller.

shiaquranteacher 07-01-2022 02:30 PM

Re: If I Give Refund Will it Remove Negative Feedback?

I am New Hello All.

Roy3805 07-01-2022 03:15 PM

Just keep the negative feedback and block the buyer or maybe report him

vigilantex69 07-01-2022 04:02 PM

I was of the mind that if I give a refund it will automatically remove the negative feedback? Has anybody done this?

blanksie 07-01-2022 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigilantex69 (Post 1196303)

I recently had a guy buy something from me, and make all of these accusations, and I even mailed him another one and when I offered to ask him to ship it back he open the case, but I don’t think he’s going to mail it back. And then he just went and left me negative feedback anyway. What I was going to do was issue him a partial refund to remove the negative feedback?

Once you give in to an abusive buyer, it opens the door to more abuse from the buyer and possibly other buyers.

After learning this lesson myself, my response was:

I'm sorry you're unhappy with your purchase, please open a return claim and I will issue a return shipping label. I will issue a refund once the item that was shipped to you is returned. Thank you

Never give in to the ebay bully buyers. Write-off the shipping costs, damage, and theft when you file taxes, but always stand up for your self.

If neg FB is left, leave a reply with how you handled it. You'll be less of a mark if other scammers check your FB. I always had less issues when my FB was 99% vs 100%.

SaiJin 07-01-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigilantex69 (Post 1196309)
I was of the mind that if I give a refund it will automatically remove the negative feedback? Has anybody done this?

this is new to me. I haven't had a negative for a very very veeeeery long time so I can't confirm.

However if it is a new thing that eBay is doing it's perfect...

bytor3k 07-01-2022 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigilantex69 (Post 1196303)
So over the past year I’ve noticed some thing where if the seller gives you a full refund, if you leave negative feedback it doesn’t seem to post on their account.

I noticed this also but figured it was a glitch. As far as the rest of your question, I think the only way to know for sure is to try it.

GreenBean 07-02-2022 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bytor3k (Post 1196322)
I noticed this also but figured it was a glitch. As far as the rest of your question, I think the only way to know for sure is to try it.

Why endanger your account?

Have you look through the eBay forums to see any comments?

Must say the advice to stand firm is rather good.

Best of luck!

Roy3805 07-02-2022 03:57 AM

I wouldn’t give in to a abusive buyer and refund him just for to remove negative feedback. It’s gonna open the door to more abusive buyers. He may even come back on another account and leave negative feedback just for you to refund him

Pandoras_box 07-02-2022 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1196315)
this is new to me. I haven't had a negative for a very very veeeeery long time so I can't confirm.

However if it is a new thing that eBay is doing it's perfect...

That's really impressive. I want to be you right now. :thumb:

SaiJin 07-02-2022 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1196335)
That's really impressive. I want to be you right now. :thumb:

You sure? I'm pulling my hair dealing with holes....

Oh wait... you mean you wanna turn Japanese?

rsot 07-02-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiaquranteacher (Post 1196304)
I am New Hello All.

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

james13v 07-02-2022 02:39 PM

No, refunding a buyer does not refund negative feedback. If it was a case, then yes. But just a straight refund, will do no such thing. Can you even imagine the abuse?

0rlthec1ex3f 07-02-2022 03:21 PM

No, refunding the buyer will not remove the feedback. Just block them.

BonaFideDude 07-03-2022 03:22 PM

If you're a top rated seller and offering free shipping and returns, if a buyer leaves you negative feedback and opens a case (or has one open already) once you issue a refund through the case the negative is automatically removed (may take a little time). It's been this way for a while now.

Pandoras_box 07-04-2022 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1196345)
You sure? I'm pulling my hair dealing with holes....

Oh wait... you mean you wanna turn Japanese?

I once saw a short series on Amazon Prime called 'The Man in the High Castle'
The Japanese characters portrayed their traditional aptitude for orderliness, direction, drive and discipline.

So... Yes, a Japanese with 100% ratings on eBay? I'd take it. :thumb:

james13v 07-04-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonaFideDude (Post 1196459)
If you're a top rated seller and offering free shipping and returns, if a buyer leaves you negative feedback and opens a case (or has one open already) once you issue a refund through the case the negative is automatically removed (may take a little time). It's been this way for a while now.

No. It hasn't.

SaiJin 07-04-2022 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1196482)
I once saw a short series on Amazon Prime called 'The Man in the High Castle'
The Japanese characters portrayed their traditional aptitude for orderliness, direction, drive and discipline.

So... Yes, a Japanese with 100% ratings on eBay? I'd take it. :thumb:

Touche my friend, touche.

But down side is it can be stressful dealing with people who aren't.

SaiJin 07-04-2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonaFideDude (Post 1196459)

I looked for info on this on eBay I don't see it...

You got any info?

butterbear 07-04-2022 04:36 PM

Yes,there is a way to do so. For example, if a buyer leave a negative feedback and opened a return case. This will be the process to have the negative feedback removed. you would have to ask ebay to step in(talk/chat with eBay) ebay will close the return case with a full refund to the buyer and remove the feedback.

SaiJin 07-04-2022 06:39 PM

OP was talking more about an automatic neg removal instead of asking eBay to do it manually .

I never ever want to talk to eBay

Duab 07-05-2022 03:09 AM

It will not remove it automatically, unfortunately