eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   These are the best savings accounts to use in the U.K. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/148661-these-best-savings-accounts-use-u-k.html)

samspalace 09-22-2022 12:25 PM

These are the best savings accounts to use in the U.K.

Hi everyone,

A very quick post to help members on the forum the best savings accounts to use for eBay managed payments missmatch names in the U.K. :)

1) Santander everyday saver and esavers
2) Halifax savers
3) Lloyds savers
4) bank of Scotland savers
5) TSB savers

I’ve tried nationwide but nationwide wasn’t working didn’t allow micro deposits to go through. Had really bad experiences in the passed with NatWest where they shut my account down years ago. Amazingly I have a NatWest account again but don’t use it for eBay.

I also bank with HSBC but it’s a basic account and they won’t allow me to open savings accounts. I’ve also heard bad reviews on HSBC savings account for eBay.

Anyway that’s my top 5 accounts I use for eBay. Receiving payouts without any issues :)

kalel12 09-24-2022 07:16 PM

Re: These are the best savings accounts to use in the U.K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 1201936)
Hi everyone,

A very quick post to help members on the forum the best savings accounts to use for eBay managed payments missmatch names in the U.K. :)

2) Halifax savers
3) Lloyds savers
5) TSB savers

I’ve tried nationwide but nationwide wasn’t working didn’t allow micro deposits to go through. Had really bad experiences in the passed with NatWest where they shut my account down years ago. Amazingly I have a NatWest account again but don’t use it for eBay.

I also bank with HSBC but it’s a basic account and they won’t allow me to open savings accounts. I’ve also heard bad reviews on HSBC savings account for eBay.

Anyway that’s my top 5 accounts I use for eBay. Receiving payouts without any issues :)

when you say halifax savers, do you mean current accounts?

murdered_by_ebay 09-25-2022 03:14 AM

you can just do current accounts , there are various options in the UK , even more than one current at same bank

samspalace 09-25-2022 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalel12 (Post 1202047)
when you say halifax savers, do you mean current accounts?

No I don’t use current accounts for eBay. I use savings accounts so Halifax everyday saver accounts. I have current accounts/basic accounts but will open savings accounts with the banks and use them for eBay.

james_112233 09-25-2022 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 1201936)
Hi everyone,

2) Halifax savers
3) Lloyds savers
5) TSB savers

Banks have different criterias all the time some will work today, others wont.

A decade ago when I tried opening a HSBC account at the branch they insisted I close all my other accounts to bank with them. But in recent years it took 5 minutes to open one online.

murdered_by_ebay 09-25-2022 08:03 AM

HSBC did not want dual banking in the past but nowdays all UK banks accept people who have accounts elsewhere , I know of only one bank that does not , that is the bank of ireland

rsot 09-25-2022 09:35 AM

HSBC has indeed relaxed its rules in the past 4 years

sam999 10-29-2022 07:02 PM

Sam can you confirm Santander Everyday Saver receives micro deposits fine? It's been a few days but nothing showing yet.

Thanks

samspalace 10-29-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam999 (Post 1204344)
Sam can you confirm Santander Everyday Saver receives micro deposits fine? It's been a few days but nothing showing yet.

Thanks

Yes Santander everyday saver accounts are great to use. They normally send deposits to your bank 3 days after your first sale has been made. It’s like this with all savings accounts I use.

rsot 10-30-2022 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 1204347)
Yes Santander everyday saver accounts are great to use. They normally send deposits to your bank 3 days after your first sale has been made. It’s like this with all savings accounts I use.

Some weekend delays can be expected, normal

sam999 10-30-2022 01:59 PM

Thanks for confirming Sam, it's been around 4-5 days so hopefully will come through soon.

samspalace 10-30-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam999 (Post 1204378)
Thanks for confirming Sam, it's been around 4-5 days so hopefully will come through soon.

Have you sold an item? If you havnt sold an item it will take longer to come through but if you sold an item should be 3 days after first sale.

JamesNorth101 10-31-2022 06:54 PM

Not had an issue with Natiowide personally

Smaller online banks like Starling can also easily be used so long as the PayPal or eBay is set up in the right way

sam999 11-02-2022 10:19 PM

I've just had this message come through after confirming the micro deposits earlier today. They are still in the account so it looks like Santander doesn't support DD so the account is refused for fee payments?

We require sellers to maintain a payment method on file to pay for fees and other selling costs. Your payouts are on hold because eBay has determined that your current payment method is not valid. This can happen if attempts to debit your bank account or charge your card have been declined, returned, or eBay could not confirm microdeposits to your account. Learn more

To get paid, please add a payment method to your eBay account.

Roy3805 11-02-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam999 (Post 1204614)
I've just had this message come through after confirming the micro deposits earlier today. They are still in the account so it looks like Santander doesn't support DD so the account is refused for fee payments?

We require sellers to maintain a payment method on file to pay for fees and other selling costs. Your payouts are on hold because eBay has determined that your current payment method is not valid. This can happen if attempts to debit your bank account or charge your card have been declined, returned, or eBay could not confirm microdeposits to your account. Learn more

Add a VCC to your account and you should be good to go

sam999 11-03-2022 08:27 AM

Okay but I'd really like to try and avoid VCC's if possible. I think it should work fine with the bank but I'm not sure why it's failed?

Thanks

samspalace 11-03-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam999 (Post 1204614)

Just create a revolut account in your name it’s really easy to do and use a disposable card it works perfectly.

The purpose of having a VCC is if you need to refund someone they will use the card but you can top up the card using your bank it’s really easy to do and get paid into your Santander savings account.

Hank 11-03-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam999 (Post 1204633)
Okay but I'd really like to try and avoid VCC's if possible. I think it should work fine with the bank but I'm not sure why it's failed?

Thanks

It won't work fine. You have only 2 choices, add a Credit Card/VCC or find a bank which will accept Direct Debits.

sam999 11-03-2022 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 1204634)
Just create a revolut account in your name it’s really easy to do and use a disposable card it works perfectly.

The purpose of having a VCC is if you need to refund someone they will use the card but you can top up the card using your bank it’s really easy to do and get paid into your Santander savings account.

Thanks for the help again Sam. The Revolut card is registered in my real name and address. So when I use the VCC on the ebay account it doesn't matter that name + add don't match with Ebay? Do I have to ensure the card is never debited so the mismatch isn't revealed?

Thanks again

samspalace 11-04-2022 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam999 (Post 1204659)
Thanks for the help again Sam. The Revolut card is registered in my real name and address. So when I use the VCC on the ebay account it doesn't matter that name + add don't match with Ebay? Do I have to ensure the card is never debited so the mismatch isn't revealed?

Thanks again

No it doesn’t matter as you top up the card up. I’ve not refunded anyone using the card but I have added a little money to test with fees and not had any issues with it.

Sometimes when you print a label through PayPal check out as a guest sometimes it might take 2/3 attempts to work other times it will work instantly and other times it won’t work but I just use another disposable card and works all the time.

sam999 11-04-2022 06:08 PM

Thanks again Sam, I'll get the card linked up.

Please can anyone else confirm if allowing a refund though the card, or paying fees long term is known to cause issues if name and address is mismatched?

Thanks

samspalace 11-04-2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam999 (Post 1204715)
Thanks again Sam, I'll get the card linked up.

Please can anyone else confirm if allowing a refund though the card, or paying fees long term is known to cause issues if name and address is mismatched?

Thanks

I honestly wouldn’t worry about it eBay take fees off your sale it’s not like it was with PayPal where you have to pay fees manually. my accounts have been running for about 4 to 5 months now and I’ve still got the same VCC on most of my accounts.

Only if I change an account over I will change bank and VCC to match name on eBay account.