Weird holds - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-21-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Weird holds

1) I have a few pretty much established accounts, few years old each, that've sold a lot, no any issues with them. They've sold many expensive items. One day, about a week ago, suddenly every account started to get one month hold for every payment despite they never had such holds. Items being sold didn't change, sales volume didn't change, so basically everything is the same. However, now there are these one month holds.

2) I have few accounts in development, going standard 25 transactions totaling 250+ usd growing up procedure. Usually, when I was reaching the 25+ tx and 250 usd+, payments for these cheap items were starting to get released instantly. However, now I am getting a TWO MONTH holds in these dev accounts. Such long holds are not even described anywhere in ebay rules! For a few buck low risk items!

Is that something new, or just eBay prepares for the Christmas that way? Any thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2022

Longevity: 14%
Default Re: Weird holds

Are you printing labels directly from eBay or uploading tracking manually?

I think this has a lot to do with it on top of eBay security getting stronger

They could just see risk in your account based on your IP or personal info
Old 10-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Nothing has changed about my methods. I'd understood if that applied to my fresh dev accounts, but that hit all my accounts, even those that are like 5 years old. I have a friend who uses different methods, and he also has same issues. But 2 months hold is something insane.

Tracking has been always added manually. They are all UPS signed for labels. All show delivered, signed, everyone happy. Still holds. Different accounts, different items.
Old 10-21-2022

Activity: 84%
Longevity: 46%

holds on recent accounts are standard now , I don't know about 2 months but up to one month happens all the time even on low value items

regarding established accounts only time will tell. if it is christmas it will end soon , if it does not this means the noose is tightened
Old 10-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
holds on recent accounts are standard now , I don't know about 2 months but up to one month happens all the time even on low value items

regarding established accounts only time will tell. if it is christmas it will end soon , if it does not this means the noose is tightened
Yes, holds on established accounts are my primary concern.
Old 10-21-2022

Longevity: 8%

Experiencing exactly the same on various accounts registered on different countries. It is something off with estimated delivery time counter. Pay attention that now whatever service you chose it is always say that expected delivery in a month. On some categories it is kinda ok, and once it represents time ok it is only 15 days hold, but if timer is off then anything between 1 and 2 months can happen. Even my few old accounts with good feedbacks getting this.
Old 10-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecolder2 View Post
Experiencing exactly the same on various accounts registered on different countries. It is something off with estimated delivery time counter. Pay attention that now whatever service you chose it is always say that expected delivery in a month. On some categories it is kinda ok, and once it represents time ok it is only 15 days hold, but if timer is off then anything between 1 and 2 months can happen. Even my few old accounts with good feedbacks getting this.
I am using "Expedited Shipping with Adult Signature Required". I've just checked and yes, it says delivery is 3-4 weeks! Although in eBay system it says like 5-10 business days. What to do to make the delivery term shorter?
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Nothing has changed about my methods. I'd understood if that applied to my fresh dev accounts, but that hit all my accounts, even those that are like 5 years old. I have a friend who uses different methods, and he also has same issues. But 2 months hold is something insane.

Tracking has been always added manually. They are all UPS signed for labels. All show delivered, signed, everyone happy. Still holds. Different accounts, different items.
I noticed printing labels directly from eBay will get funds much faster. I think they see lots of risks of manual tracking. I tested printing labels from eBay vs pirateship. And eBay always released funds after delivery. Pirate ship tracking was always 10 days no matter if it said delivered. But these accounts wasn’t aged or seasoned at all.. they were fresh.

Only thing I could suggest is print labels directly from eBay
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
I am using "Expedited Shipping with Adult Signature Required". I've just checked and yes, it says delivery is 3-4 weeks! Although in eBay system it says like 5-10 business days. What to do to make the delivery term shorter?

This is something very broken with their time counter. And it looks not much can be done as it is system problem, but not account problem. However interesting thing is that it is random glitch and if you list a lot then some of items gets a normal working time counter, and some does not. Do not know yet how to play around this. Today listed 12 items on one account, all same category and all same type, and 9 got "broken" timer, and 3 normal time frame, so i know that these 9 gonna have 1 month hold and 3 is gonna have 15 day hold.

Last edited by Icecolder2; 10-21-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecolder2 View Post
This is something very broken with their time counter. And it looks not much can be done as it is system problem, but not account problem. However interesting thing is that it is random glitch and if you list a lot then some of items gets a normal working time counter, and some does not. Do not know yet how to play around this. Today listed 12 items on one account, all same category and all same type, and 9 got "broken" timer, and 3 normal time frame, so i know that these 9 gonna have 1 month hold and 3 is gonna have 15 day hold.
Is there any workaround to get normal delivery times? Does not really look right...
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
Is there any workaround to get normal delivery times? Does not really look right...
Try printing labels directly from eBay for a test.. they even mention it on order summary.. the last sentence says that using eBay labels helps

Old 10-22-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
Try printing labels directly from eBay for a test.. they even mention it on order summary.. the last sentence says that using eBay labels helps

I've noticed that although I have 1 month hold as standard for every sale in an established account, it gets reduced to 1 week when a working UPS label is added, so it is not an issue - week is about the same as the average delivery time.

2 month holds for developing accs is still an issue - and I am unable to order eBay label for non-US account.
Old 10-22-2022

Quote:
I've noticed that although I have 1 month hold as standard for every sale in an established account, it gets reduced to 1 week when a working UPS label is added, so it is not an issue - week is about the same as the average delivery time.

2 month holds for developing accs is still an issue - and I am unable to order eBay label for non-US account.

I have idea about developing accounts. Started to test it today but will know results in a few days only. Looks promissing at the moment but will see. Will post if succsess.