Does number of cases affect metrics? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-10-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 9%
Default Does number of cases affect metrics?

Hi all,

On ebay I want my store to remain as top rated seller
So I understand that if I have a high "order defect rate" through cancelling transactions for being out of stock, or not responding to open cases in time before the buyer contacts ebay, then I'll loose the badge

My question is: does the number of open cases that you have that are responded to quickly by Me (before the buyer contacts ebay to get them involved) negatively affect my metrics as well?

Does having lots of open cases that are resonded to quickly by me affect my ebay sales?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-10-2023

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: Does number of cases affect metrics?

If you mean cases other than those you mentioned which are automatic defects caused by you then no, if the buyer opens a case and you respond quickly and appropriately (appropriately according to ebay that is) then the number of cases will not affect your TRS status.

That said, if you get an unacceptably large number of cases opened then it might be more than your TRS status that is at risk so it makes sense to stop doing whatever it is that caused buyers to open cases in the first place.

With ebay having an itchy trigger finger at the best of times nobody should knowingly have a business model which attracts unwanted attention.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
Mr UK (01-21-2023)
Old 01-10-2023

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%

You risk getting "5 day periodic review" if INRC stack up. With cancelling transactions it really depends on the frequency. I always say buyer requested to cancel to prevent a defect. Regardless cancelling 5 out of 10 transactions on a daily basis would likely lead to a MC011 if done for an extended time.
Old 01-21-2023
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
You risk getting "5 day periodic review" if INRC stack up. With cancelling transactions it really depends on the frequency. I always say buyer requested to cancel to prevent a defect. Regardless cancelling 5 out of 10 transactions on a daily basis would likely lead to a MC011 if done for an extended time.
Ahh see I used to do this but ebay are patching it and they don't like it. Back when I was dropshipping, if an item was out of stock I'd cancel the order and choose "buyer asked to cancel" as the reason to avoid the defect. But now if you do that falsely (e.g without a previous real record of the buyer stating that they want to cancel in an ebay message before you cancel it) ebay will send you an email saying you violated their policies. And basically say they'll let you off this time but if you keep doing it they may take action including temporary band or suspend account.

I've even had emails from them like this when I legitely cancelled an order that a customer wanted to cancel, but then about 2 weeks later ebay sent me another email basically saying "sorry we made a mistake the restriction has been removed".

So I don't do that anymore I have to be honest or risk suspension. It's another reason why ebay dropshipping is not the best business model anymore.

Have you never experienced this?