eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   A Good Supplier (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/15005-good-supplier.html)

charlie7 11-30-2009 06:24 PM

A Good Supplier

Hello!

I've been trying to find a Macbook at a decent price. One person on eBay offered to let me buy one now outside if eBay for $1500. The specs were: Macbook Pro 17" 3.06 GHZ 8GB RAM 1TB HDD. I thought it was a great deal, considering that one of those could go for around $4000.

Then... I found Alibaba.com. Oh my, have I been worried lately. One seller on there said I could buy two of them (actually 500GB HDDs) for $1400. As you can imagine, I was really excited, for I might have been able to get mine for free if I were to sell the second one on eBay.

Well, I've since panicked and went to the bank today (wire transfer was made on Friday) to possibly intercept and cancel the wire transfer, since China is considered a "slow pay" country, and the company does not see the funds yet.

Anyhow, my question is: If I'm able to recover my money, would anyone happen to know of a good supplier for these? I only want to buy one or two for myself.

Thanks. :-)

P.S. I don't know if the company was a scam or not, but after reading posts on their forum about all the scams on Alibaba, I freaked.

Enigma 11-30-2009 06:48 PM

Oh man, I hope you get your macbooks. I would never send a wire transfer to someone in another country, because once the funds are transferred there is no way to recover it, if you did indeed get scammed. Always use PAYPAL!

Good Luck

ONE 11-30-2009 07:39 PM

Man that was not a bright move. If you get them though you should post results. There is international trading then there is too good to be true. Just cause you are told something from a supplier even a gold supplier does not mean its true.

Research and weigh the risk when buying everything especially if its a long flight away.

Good luck.

nsh003 11-30-2009 10:17 PM

always use paypal. its the only way to guarantee you're safe. also. i'm pretty sure they were knockoff macbooks that closely resemble the real thing but anyone who knows what a mac looks like can easily tell the difference. i hope you get your money back because what you most likely bought wasn't the real deal.

aking 11-30-2009 10:29 PM

oh man, bad move. hope you get your laptops. Never do bank transfer, always use paypal as others have stated.

aspkin 11-30-2009 11:30 PM

99% chance you have been scammed.. :(

Welcome to the internet - DTA

jbluntz 11-30-2009 11:50 PM

I would never send a payment to someone on alibaba. You need to find someone with an escrow service like dhgate, I pay for all my goods with wire transfer but the people at dhgate collect the wire not the seller and when I recieve the package the funds are released to the seller. Also any macbook you get online from china is most likely a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one and probably won't have the same specs that are listed.

dburnside 12-01-2009 08:39 AM

alibaba offers a secure payment on aliexpress i think, it uses a secure payment and if item not shipped in 5 days you get full money back

charlie7 12-01-2009 08:51 AM

I guess it's understandable that no one would want to reveal where to get an original Macbook online at a good price. Suppose I'll just have to keep searching. Thanks.

P.S. If someone could PM me that would be great, too.

captainjack1980 12-01-2009 09:19 AM

If it is for personal use, in the long run surely it would be cheaper to buy from a reputable retailer using a price comparision website? Or look for a cheap deal that includes a mobile contract or something similar. At least you know what you are getting and are covered by a US warrenty.

If you are prepared to wire money to china or deal off ebay for too good to be true prices you are just going to get scammed again and again. Either no goods will be sent or you will get cheap rip of tat that aint up to spec.

There are no magic wholesale sources for ultra cheap legit macbooks, and certainly not in quantities of 1.

CaptainJack

ChargingRhino 12-02-2009 11:51 AM

FYI, if I send a wire from the US before 4pm Central, Bank of China in Beijing has the money showing in the bank account that night by 11pm Central. I think the Mac Seller/scammer got your $$$ immediately and gave you an excuse of not seeing the coin...