HELP. How can I properly open an LLC company for eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-29-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default HELP. How can I properly open an LLC company for eBay?

Friends, I have a question regarding the creation of a company, the data of which I may later use to open accounts on Ebay and Amazon.

My personal name and address, along with everything else, are blacklisted on both platforms because I was banned several years ago.

Can you advise on the correct way to set up an account and what steps need to be taken now when opening a company to later facilitate the process of creating an account on Ebay?

I am opening a company for the first time, and I have no idea what a DBA is, for example. The company will be an LLC for completely different commercial purposes, but there is also a possibility of trading on Ebay on behalf of this future company.

I understand how to manage an account to avoid association with a blocked account, but I don't understand what actions need to be taken during the company registration process to smoothly open an account on Ebay later.

There is an opportunity to create the company with a partner, but solo is a priority.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-30-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: HELP. How can I properly open an LLC company for eBay?

For company taxation purposes, you might want to consider a financial professional consultation
Old 11-30-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

I would open the LLC using your correct name, the address could be an office it is registered to and use the same details when applying for an EIN number and company bank account.
Old 11-30-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
I would open the LLC using your correct name, the address could be an office it is registered to and use the same details when applying for an EIN number and company bank account.
Thank you. In my circumstances, I need an office because, as I understand, my home address is not suitable for registering an LLC for eBay, right? Are there alternatives for the address, such as a PO box, agent address, virtual address, etc.? I wouldn't want to rent an office for this purpose, as, for the most part, a physical office is not necessary for our company's operations. In general, there is an option to register with a partner's LLC at their home address, but that would be plan B. His name and address are not currently associated with the same eBay account.
Old 11-30-2023

Thanked 1,110 Times in 1,046 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

I dont think there is any address restriction on LLC,or any business,unless you are going to have trucks loading and unloading at the address.
I dont think EBAY cares,the only entities which care as I recall are some wholesalers,manufacturers,they want to make sure they are dealing with an established retailer ,they may ask for a picture of your storefront,your license,DBA ,Dun and Brad number,business bank account.
what do you plan to sell?
Old 11-30-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I dont think there is any address restriction on LLC,or any business,unless you are going to have trucks loading and unloading at the address.
I dont think EBAY cares,the only entities which care as I recall are some wholesalers,manufacturers,they want to make sure they are dealing with an established retailer ,they may ask for a picture of your storefront,your license,DBA ,Dun and Brad number,business bank account.
what do you plan to sell?
We will obtain a reseller permit in the USA and will purchase used Apple equipment wholesale for resale to our international partners. This activity may lead to the possibility of selling part of this equipment on platforms like eBay. It may not only involve Apple products but also other surplus items from liquidators, etc. The items will be sold as used. We would like to have an eBay account that operates smoothly without any issues in the long run.

Last edited by grach; 11-30-2023 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2023

You mention selling on AMZN.
I believe APPL is now selling its products on AMZN and AMZN AAPL resellers have to leave and now selling on Ebay instead.
You may want to find out if you can sell used AAPL products on AMZN.
Old 12-02-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by grach View Post
We will obtain a reseller permit in the USA and will purchase used Apple equipment wholesale for resale to our international partners. This activity may lead to the possibility of selling part of this equipment on platforms like eBay. It may not only involve Apple products but also other surplus items from liquidators, etc. The items will be sold as used. We would like to have an eBay account that operates smoothly without any issues in the long run.
Selling Apple equipment as a new reseller is always going to be rough to start - you will have to build account slowly and not a bad idea to have other backup accounts going
Old 12-02-2023

If you are selling wholesale,I assume the transaction amount is not small $$ and Ebay final value fee will take a chunk plus MP fee(credit cards),have you considered your own website,sell small AAPL items on Ebay and use it to drive traffic to your own website/
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
aaa7z5 (12-05-2023)
Old 12-02-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
If you are selling wholesale,I assume the transaction amount is not small $$ and Ebay final value fee will take a chunk plus MP fee(credit cards),have you considered your own website,sell small AAPL items on Ebay and use it to drive traffic to your own website/
Good Idea. Thank you.
Old 12-05-2023

Longevity: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by grach View Post
Thank you. In my circumstances, I need an office because, as I understand, my home address is not suitable for registering an LLC for eBay, right? Are there alternatives for the address, such as a PO box, agent address, virtual address, etc.? I wouldn't want to rent an office for this purpose, as, for the most part, a physical office is not necessary for our company's operations. In general, there is an option to register with a partner's LLC at their home address, but that would be plan B. His name and address are not currently associated with the same eBay account.
I have a solution for the company address for you which I use: ipostal1.com

You can buy an address that is a physical office building for 9.99/month. They also provide a registered agent I believe.

You use your info to register, and you will be able to receive mail sent to that address which is then forwarded to you if you wish, and you can use this address to register your LLC with the Virginia State Corporation Commission, then you register the business entity and get your LLC paperwork (Articles of Incorporation, etc etc), then get your EIN with the IRS using this address.

You need to complete the whole shabang, as Im sure you are aware, to have the address and business entity show up in the IRS database under your credit profile/report (SSN-linked address etc) this info doesnt update until after up to 30 days from the date you registered with the state and federal government, IIRC)

1postal also makes you sign on to a Zoom call with a notary public and you have to swear under oath that you are registering the address on behalf of yourself and you arent doing so under duress (Legit but so intense!!)

I am currently in the middle of this, alot of moving parts to get everything right..Im on the verge of paying incfile the $150 to do it for me at this point, since I messed up with the creation of my first LLC (I started on step 4, I have an EIN but the info wont show up on my SSN because of my mess-up)

The beautiful thing is that while doing this, you can register a fictitious or alternate name as the company owner, so this skirts any link to your banned information since you will use the EIN for the Tax ID on eBay OR Etsy.

So you effectively have a completely new identity to use on your store.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Last edited by aaa7z5; 12-05-2023 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-06-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa7z5 View Post

The beautiful thing is that while doing this, you can register a fictitious or alternate name as the company owner, so this skirts any link to your banned information since you will use the EIN for the Tax ID on eBay OR Etsy.

So you effectively have a completely new identity to use on your store.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Nice little perk
Old 12-06-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%

Just to double confirm, OP , you are in USA correct?
Old 12-07-2023

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 3%

deleted - sorry, duff reply.

Last edited by OldTom; 12-07-2023 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-29-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Just to double confirm, OP , you are in USA correct?
Correct.

I created a new post based on the new information, which probably wasn't necessary, but nevertheless. I've reread eBay Stealth, read 40 pages of this forum, and still haven't found an answer on how to proceed. Every time someone raises a similar question, they receive confusing feedback.
Old 01-29-2024
Threadstarter  

The new circumstances are such that my partner and I have already created an LLC using his address, which, as it turns out, is blacklisted on eBay. On the positive side, his SSN and ID haven't been compromised on eBay, only the name, date of birth, and address.

Now the question is whether we can proceed on eBay under these circumstances without changing anything in our LLC. Or is our only option to somehow change the registered address of our LLC, or do we have to create an entirely new LLC with an agent's address that will also handle our returns and the like?

The more I read the forum, the more confusion there is in my head. I understand that our only problem is the address, and it needs to be changed for the LLC, although I have no idea how to do it correctly and whether changing the address affects the EIN, which I will later provide when registering a business account on eBay. And what about further verification? I understand that my partner can pass it with just a DL and SSN, which were not previously provided to eBay, even if his DL has the address from his suspended account.

Furthermore, I understand that we can be banned just like that at the opening stage, even if we do everything right, but for example, if they don't like the product we want to sell and there are already too many companies selling it. I understand that eBay now needs new buyers rather than sellers, if you look at the root of the issue.
Old 01-30-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
We registered an LLC, obtained an EIN, and opened a bank account using an address that my partner managed to link to his blocked account. Well, he just made a mistake, and now we have a bunch of hassle. In this case, what should we do? We can probably change the LLC address, as well as the address on the bank account. As for the EIN, I don't know how to do it, how long it takes, and if it's even necessary. I mean, can eBay really pull any information from the IRS, including the address? Please advise if you know anything about this.

My partner's SSN and ID are not blacklisted, but the address on the ID is.

We don't want to open a new LLC because a lot of work has already been done on the current one, and we want to conduct business with one LLC and one bank account, reseller permit, and so on.
Old 01-30-2024

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 6%

If your LLC name isnt black listed on eBay, just use that to open the account. If the address of the LLC is blacklisted, just put your home address or your partners home address, they are not checking this against the corporation. If they can not verify your registered address, they will ask you to upload documentation (utility bill or credit card statement) with the registered address. This means that any corporation created, you can use any address on eBay.

If your name and DOB is banned, then you simply put a different registered address for the beneficiary, and it will appear as someone new.
Old 01-30-2024
Threadstarter  

Duplicate response, sorry.

Last edited by grach; 01-30-2024 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 01-30-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammySquare View Post
If your LLC name isnt black listed on eBay, just use that to open the account. If the address of the LLC is blacklisted, just put your home address or your partners home address, they are not checking this against the corporation. If they can not verify your registered address, they will ask you to upload documentation (utility bill or credit card statement) with the registered address. This means that any corporation created, you can use any address on eBay.

If your name and DOB is banned, then you simply put a different registered address for the beneficiary, and it will appear as someone new.
Thank you very much. In my case, both my address and my partner's address (which is also the LLC registration address) are blocked. Does this mean that I can simply rent, for example, an iPostal mailbox and use it for registration? How to later confirm this address is unclear to me; perhaps I will need to re-register the company with a new address later.

At this stage, based on your words, it seems we don't need to go through the procedure of changing the LLC address, correct? They may be able to trace the original LLC address, but if they don't check, I could do it later, for example. I have two questions; perhaps you have an idea:

My EIN is not found on the IRS website, or maybe I am searching incorrectly, or is it still pending. Can I use the EIN on eBay immediately after receiving it, or should I wait? It has been 45 days since I obtained it.
People mention "Mismatch names" when creating an account. Is this necessary, or can I simply use the original name as on my driver's license, and it will be okay?