Dropshippers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-07-2023

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 52%
Default Dropshippers

How many of you have dealt with people drop shipping off of your eBay accounts? I have a few "repeat buyers" that are dropping from my accounts. I am almost positive it is probably Amazon sellers. The pricing I currently have on eBay is very competitive. I've proceeded with caution as I don't want someone to file a return that is false on all of the items and try to scam me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2023

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 32%
Default Re: Dropshippers

Hi,

How can they scam you with return? I am not worried at all of the items returns until 100$
Old 12-08-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

Sell your products on Amazon, or someone else will...lol
Old 12-08-2023

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 3%

Returns from ebay-to-Amazon abitragers are effectively non existent. Think about it....
Old 12-08-2023

Thanked 1,110 Times in 1,046 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

There is nothing you can do if your dropship buyer 's customer wants to return the item,just make sure you make enough money to offset losses.
You can also block them from buying from you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTom View Post
Returns from ebay-to-Amazon aRbitragers are effectively non existent. Think about it....
How do you know,this is USA not UK,returns are often free for the buyer.
I just returned a humidifier Free(NOT EBAY OR AMZN).
Most returns on AMZN are either trashed or sold to those who buy in bulk and resell to retailers and individuals who list them on internet

I am thinking of a buyer opening a case on AMZN,giving a reason that the item is defective (it is perfectly good),AMZN will force the seller to accept return.
whether the seller is based in another country or his own country or he is dropshipping from Ebay or ALI,AMZN does not care.
so what happens then?

I'll say it again..the return goes back to the seller
-
thanks,if I WERE the seller,I will block the dropshipper,

It depends on how expensive the item is?

Sometimes the buyer would buy from a seller who is also a dropshipper .

As for setting policies to dissuade dropshippers that is just downright bad advice. Why on earth would you want to do that, the poster has already said they do not sell on Amazon.

So many replies here are from posters who clearly have no concept of dropshippers practices or the benefits to ebay sellers.
--------------------------------
Not all sellers welcome dropshippers,if you become a source for dropshipper,then you wonder if you have set your price too low? and you may want to find out where and to whom they sold your items to,may be you could sell to them DIRECT.
Some sellers may not include an invoice,but they like to include their business card and/or coupon !

very defensive ,why?
are you saying if an Ebay seller raises his price ,he would see less sales?

some sellers may not include an invoice,but they like to include their business card and/or coupon !
Then again, bigger fools them if they want to potentially piss off their dropshipping connection.
-
I doubt if any buyer who receives a coupon or business card would report back to you,why should they?

I dont have to struggle with your idea of dropshipping,I have been on Ebay since day 1.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-23-2023 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-08-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
How do you know,this is USA not UK,returns are often free for the buyer.
I said think about it, you clearly didn't.

The Amazon dropshipper does not want returns. Based upon those who've posted on this forum they simply can't, some aren't even based the country they're selling in.

I'll say it again..the return goes back to the seller
Old 12-08-2023

Quote:
I am thinking of a buyer opening a case on AMZN,giving a reason that the item is defective (it is perfectly good),AMZN will force the seller to accept return.
whether the seller is based in another country or his own country or he is dropshipping from Ebay or ALI,AMZN does not care.
so what happens then?
I don't know whether your being deliberately stupid or are a forum troll. With the amount of posts you've got I assume you're somehow protected.

I will once again repeat the obvious. If an Amazon buyer wants to return their purchase it does not go back the the ebay source seller.
Old 12-08-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Returns from ebay-to-Amazon abitragers are effectively non existent. Think about it....
Very true. Because if they try to pull the return fraud, I'm for sure going to ask for the product back of which they wont be able to provide more than likely.
Old 12-08-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
Sell your products on Amazon, or someone else will...lol
Oh, I would. If I had an AMZ account. Dunno if I want to take the risk of 1500-2000 just to buy a built account.
Old 12-08-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettefever17 View Post
Very true. Because if they try to pull the return fraud, I'm for sure going to ask for the product back of which they wont be able to provide more than likely.
Not necessarily fraud, returns on Amazon are commonplace. But dropshippers tend to keep their heads down, the chances of them agreeing to a return to them, and then returning it to you are pretty much zero.

Any dropshipper worth their salt will simply issue a refund to their buyer and you'll never know about it.

IMO, knowing this, you should positively welcome their trade.
The Following User Says Thank You to OldTom For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (12-08-2023)
Old 12-08-2023

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

dropshippers usually write emails asking not to attach invoice and it is visible that they buy frequently with many addresses

most important thing is to make sure there is tracking for all items as there is increased risk of disputes on them which they would forward to you
Old 12-08-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%

Yes most dropshippers will just refund and take the loss
Old 12-09-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
dropshippers usually write emails asking not to attach invoice and it is visible that they buy frequently with many addresses

most important thing is to make sure there is tracking for all items as there is increased risk of disputes on them which they would forward to you
Correct. This is all you need to do.

Easy money if you don't sell on Amazon or have a line of goods you don't offer on Amazon.

It could be said that you should try an build a relationship with them and even ask them how you can attract more custom.
Old 12-09-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

It could be said that you should try an build a relationship with them and even ask them how you can attract more custom.
That's true - repeated business if great service/products
Old 12-10-2023

Activity: 89%
Longevity: 40%

On the positive side, these repeat purchases can boost your sales and visibility on eBay. However, the risk, as you mentioned, is dealing with potential returns or scams. Drop shippers might not be as invested in the product quality or accuracy since they don't physically handle the items.
you can:
Set Policies: You can implement policies that might dissuade drop shippers, such as limiting the quantity of items that can be purchased in a single transaction or within a specific timeframe.
Old 12-10-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobar View Post
On the positive side, these repeat purchases can boost your sales and visibility on eBay. However, the risk, as you mentioned, is dealing with potential returns or scams. Drop shippers might not be as invested in the product quality or accuracy since they don't physically handle the items.
you can:
Set Policies: You can implement policies that might dissuade drop shippers, such as limiting the quantity of items that can be purchased in a single transaction or within a specific timeframe.
As a poster above who does dropshipping and I have said, returns are virtually non-existent. Amazon dropshippers simply aren't into scams, they wouldn't last five minutes.

It's also not the ebay sellers concern about product quality or accuracy, again if the Amazon dropshipper gets their source supplier wrong they'll be toast in no time at all. They almost never leave feedback so why suggest there's any kind of risk to the ebay seller???

As for setting policies to dissuade dropshippers that is just downright bad advice. Why on earth would you want to do that, the poster has already said they do not sell on Amazon.

So many replies here are from posters who clearly have no concept of dropshippers practices or the benefits to ebay sellers.
Old 12-10-2023

Quote:
Not all sellers welcome dropshippers,
Then bigger fools them. IMO the only reason for it is their pride is dented, it's not a financial decision.

Quote:
if you become a source for dropshipper,then you wonder if you have set your price too low?
Then put your prices up and see if you still attract the same level of sales. Simples.

Quote:
and you may want to find out where and to whom they sold your items to,may be you could sell to them DIRECT.
They know who bought it, you have their name and address. Do you really think ebay sellers are going to write to them? Get real.

Quote:
Some sellers may not include an invoice,but they like to include their business card and/or coupon !
Then again, bigger fools them if they want to potentially piss off their dropshipping connection.
Old 12-10-2023

Quote:
very defensive ,why?
are you saying if an Ebay seller raises his price ,he would see less sales?
Defensive of who exactly? Why are you being so anti-dropshipping given you clearly have no idea about how dropshipping works and how it and can be used to your advantage. I'm merely taking the time and effort to explain it to you. Nobody is forced to agree with my take on it, but at least I'm making a reasonable argument for considering it positively.

Sigh...yes, I'm suggesting they might see less sales, then again the might not. Which part of the idea are you struggling with?

So many folk on here bemoaning their sales on ebay and you are looking for reasons to turn good money away. Seems weird to me.