eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   does ebay hate drop shipping? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/151962-does-ebay-hate-drop-shipping.html)

krones 02-29-2024 09:21 PM

does ebay hate drop shipping?

if i listed my item location in CO(the address on my registration file),but actually my warehouse is in CA ,and I ship from CA, will ebay think this is a drop shipping and lead to account checking to MC011? if this way is not good, is it matter if I changed my item location to real shipping zip code that different from my registered address?

Automasters 02-29-2024 09:36 PM

Re: does ebay hate drop shipping?

I would be honest with the actual item location. I know I leave instant negative feedback for sellers from China which lie and say their item is in the US when it is not and I end up waiting weeks for delivery...

krones 02-29-2024 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automasters (Post 1236518)
I would be honest with the actual item location. I know I leave instant negative feedback for sellers from China which lie and say their item is in the US when it is not and I end up waiting weeks for delivery...

all my items are in US , in CA and NY. don't know how the Chinese sellers do that? the shipping and delivery time ebay allows is too short for them? account s will soon be restricted,right?

agent006140 03-01-2024 08:29 AM

Ebay does not care if you dropship,as long as the dropshipper is not a retailer.
retail arbitrage is taking ebay buyer money and go to a retailer like WMT.AMZN etc and ask them to ship the item.
If it is shipped by your wholesaler/distributor or manufacturer,it is allowed,but it may ask you for wholesale invoice showing your name .your account number,the item bought with listed price x quantity=total

if the seller is in China and offers free shipping to USA,buyers understand and wont mind waiting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krones (Post 1236519)
all my items are in US , in CA and NY. don't know how the Chinese sellers do that? the shipping and delivery time ebay allows is too short for them? account s will soon be restricted,right?

There are 2 warehouses in CA operated by some Chinese in US,they offer dropshipping service to the Chinese sellers in China .
So it is possible for a Chinese seller based in China but ship from a city in USA.

SaiJin 03-01-2024 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automasters (Post 1236518)

They are still doing this even though they get in trouble all the time because of it. Surprising.

rsot 03-01-2024 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krones (Post 1236519)

Chinese sellers do everything under the sun.

Delivery time is short but some of them have spots in US (or other country) from which to ship.

Soon restricted? Not always the case...

SaiJin 03-01-2024 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krones (Post 1236513)
if i listed my item location in CO(the address on my registration file),but actually my warehouse is in CA ,and I ship from CA, will ebay think this is a drop shipping and lead to account checking to MC011? if this way is not good, is it matter if I changed my item location to real shipping zip code that different from my registered address?

If it's in CA then set it to CA.

Yea dropshipping is one of those things that can be iffy. you're not in control right? You can't ship the same day and make sure it's packed well?

rsot 03-01-2024 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krones (Post 1236513)

Agreed with some posters here - just easier to set location to CA...it's in the same country so there shouldn't be an issue