eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Microsoft Office DVD With Key Card (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/151980-microsoft-office-dvd-key-card.html)

aly 03-04-2024 08:12 PM

Microsoft Office DVD With Key Card

Hi forum,

I can sell Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 in box with dvd, key card and sealed packaging or is prohibited ?

Or need permission?

Thank you!

SaiJin 03-04-2024 08:40 PM

Re: Microsoft Office DVD With Key Card

Quote:

Originally Posted by aly (Post 1236771)
Hi forum,

I can sell Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 in box with dvd, key card and sealed packaging or is prohibited ?

Or need permission?

Thank you!

You do know that Microsoft is one of the most dangerous items to sell ?

murdered_by_ebay 03-04-2024 09:40 PM

in most cases no permissions are needed , you just list and the item may or may not be removed. do not do it on a new account though , if item gets removed the account is likely to follow

aly 03-05-2024 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1236772)
You do know that Microsoft is one of the most dangerous items to sell ?

I know, but I wanted to do everything legally through Microsoft Authorized Reseller, but I see that it is not that simple to do.

aly 03-05-2024 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1236774)
in most cases no permissions are needed , you just list and the item may or may not be removed. do not do it on a new account though , if item gets removed the account is likely to follow

If I do it like this I will lose my account permanently.

SaiJin 03-05-2024 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aly (Post 1236792)
I know, but I wanted to do everything legally through Microsoft Authorized Reseller, but I see that it is not that simple to do.

OK, you do need a document from Microsoft so you'll have to figure out how to apply for that.

Then I'd contact eBay to hand the document over before you even list.

Just so you're aware, there's still a chance the listing/account could get hit for some unreasonable reason after all this. So prep extra carefully.

aly 03-06-2024 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1236795)
OK, you do need a document from Microsoft so you'll have to figure out how to apply for that.

Then I'd contact eBay to hand the document over before you even list.

Just so you're aware, there's still a chance the listing/account could get hit for some unreasonable reason after all this. So prep extra carefully.

Thank You.

murdered_by_ebay 03-06-2024 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aly (Post 1236793)
If I do it like this I will lose my account permanently.

there is no other way , ebay can give promises but they are not obliged to keep them

you talk to an agent they tell you it is fine , you list the item and get suspended , you talk to the same agent after that and they tell you that the decision is final and no reasons can be revealed for security purposes

it is always the same game with ebay , anyone who promise you anything do not have any way to keep or enforce that promise , they usually read or write from text templates

aly 03-08-2024 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1236849)
there is no other way , ebay can give promises but they are not obliged to keep them

you talk to an agent they tell you it is fine , you list the item and get suspended , you talk to the same agent after that and they tell you that the decision is final and no reasons can be revealed for security purposes

it is always the same game with ebay , anyone who promise you anything do not have any way to keep or enforce that promise , they usually read or write from text templates

You must be an authorized reseller of Microsoft to sell your software on eBay.

Here the document.

https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/a...6o1plJDchI3vC8

murdered_by_ebay 03-08-2024 08:38 AM

even if you are authorized you have no protection against item removal , there are bots policing the site all the time

it may work with large sellers but if you are a small seller you have no protection if you are not the owner of the trademark / copyright

aly 03-08-2024 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1237045)
even if you are authorized you have no protection against item removal , there are bots policing the site all the time

it may work with large sellers but if you are a small seller you have no protection if you are not the owner of the trademark / copyright

Thanks for any advice.

rsot 03-08-2024 09:42 AM

Good luck with your decision and next steps - great info has been given by posters here

appleip1 03-08-2024 10:32 AM

I personally would have a 3rd party sell on their eBay account, with 1000s of feedbacks and years of being active. they will take a percentage. having something. is better then having nothing.

Automasters 03-08-2024 11:43 AM

I'd say that is one of the quickest ways to get your account permanently suspended. Virtual software crap is not worth the risk to me

agent006140 03-09-2024 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automasters (Post 1237056)
I'd say that is one of the quickest ways to get your account permanently suspended. Virtual software crap is not worth the risk to me

She has the hard copy with box,what is wrong with her selling ,she can take good pictures,explain it well that it is hers ,if there is a store receipt,shows it.
Is it a new account with no sales history?
if she lists it with no sale history and just stock photo,then it could draw eBAY attention.

aly 03-09-2024 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1237104)
She has the hard copy with box,what is wrong with her selling ,she can take good pictures,explain it well that it is hers ,if there is a store receipt,shows it.
Is it a new account with no sales history?
if she lists it with no sale history and just stock photo,then it could draw eBAY attention.

I have been selling on eBay with the same account for 5 years.

rsot 03-09-2024 11:59 AM

the microsoft brand is always dangerous to sell regardless of age of account...there is a chance you could do a one-off sale without problem...but the inverse is possible as well, leading to account issues

murdered_by_ebay 03-09-2024 02:46 PM

it is hard to tell because of bots , if someone were looking manually I would agree but with bots I doubt they check what kind of photos and whether the seller uploaded any docs regarding authorization , authenticity etc

OldTom 03-09-2024 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1237126)
it is hard to tell because of bots , if someone were looking manually I would agree but with bots I doubt they check what kind of photos and whether the seller uploaded any docs regarding authorization , authenticity etc

So how do legitimate sellers manage to sell legitimate microsoft products?

I don't doubt that there's a potential issue but surely you're not suggesting that it's impossible.

Rather than forever being the bearer of bad news, what not share your wisdom in telling folk how it can be done successfully - because it can.

OldTom 03-09-2024 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automasters (Post 1237056)

They're not selling virtual software are they? They're offering boxed retail products witch, we must assume for now, is a legitimate licence.

They can be sold, all they want to know is what authorisations they need.

murdered_by_ebay 03-10-2024 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTom (Post 1237142)
So how do legitimate sellers manage to sell legitimate microsoft products?

I don't doubt that there's a potential issue but surely you're not suggesting that it's impossible.

Rather than forever being the bearer of bad news, what not share your wisdom in telling folk how it can be done successfully - because it can.

that is established sellers with selling history , anyone else better watch out

Delta1 03-11-2024 06:34 AM

I have sold the odd Microsoft Office software with license over the years. No issues. You are allowed to resell your RETAIL software as the license can be transferred.

OEM versions, not so much. These are versions that are to be distributed with hardware.

If it’s a one off, should be okay. Just mention is no longer needed. Receipt included, etc.

It’s when you have loads them I’d be weary.