eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/154543-has-anyone-here-had-their-password-reset-ebay.html)

phaz0rz 08-05-2026 01:24 PM

Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
..after losing access to the registration phone number?


I have an account that I've been blocked out of for a while now that I would really like to get back. In the old days I'd just use spoofcard to call in from the old number but with MP I'm worried about raising some kind of red flag.

phaz0rz 08-05-2026 01:27 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
For context - it's a healthy account with a store subscription, getting regular emails from eBay.


I can't get into it though.

dsdominators 08-05-2026 01:51 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Yeah, happens every so often.
Super random though. Kind of makes me think someone has been trying to access your account one way or another.
Too random to be just a "random" reset.
huh?

phaz0rz 08-05-2026 02:20 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Nah, it's not like that. The account is secure.. I just don't have any way to get into it.


I think the password reset got triggered because of the fact that the account was dormant for several months and then when it attempted to login again (using the same eBay app on the same phone), the phone had a new number. It's my oldest account and the only one I had linked to the app on a phone.

mrsalexia 08-05-2026 02:21 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1270368)
..after losing access to the registration phone number?


I have an account that I've been blocked out of for a while now that I would really like to get back. In the old days I'd just use spoofcard to call in from the old number but with MP I'm worried about raising some kind of red flag.

Can you still spoof the nimber to receive sms ?
As they might ask to call you on that old jumber or confirm sms

phaz0rz 08-05-2026 03:57 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
The last time I tried spoofing, eBay wanted to call back. It was a cool method back in 2015 but I assume it can be detected now.

rsot 08-06-2026 02:58 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1270377)
The last time I tried spoofing, eBay wanted to call back. It was a cool method back in 2015 but I assume it can be detected now.

I have a feeling that the spoofing is more identifiable these days. Have you tried logging into the account on a different eb platform? e.g. eb.ca vs eb.com?

kirkland 08-06-2026 06:15 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
No to the original question, but as far as this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1270368)
I have an account that I've been blocked out of for a while now that I would really like to get back. In the old days I'd just use spoofcard to call in from the old number but with MP I'm worried about raising some kind of red flag.

blocked out how? you cant log in because they ask you to authenticate and they ask you to receive a text at some old # you no longer have?

If so, usually after a week (or many) you can reattempt to log in and your account will no longer have the authentication flag. Either that or they'll require a lesser form of authentication eg email security code or something. Ive had a number of accounts over the years that went dormant that I was able to access just by giving them some time

phaz0rz 08-06-2026 08:27 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
I can only get as far as eBay saying "your account has been locked, please contact support to reset your password". But when I click contact support, there's no support. Just a chatbot loop.


I've been trying every month or two for the last year. I have eBay's number saved in my phone from times they've called about another account. Guess I'll have to break down and call them eventually but what I worry about is having eyes on the multiple accounts.

kirkland 08-06-2026 11:26 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Oh damn. Can't remember if Ive ever encountered that as Ive had many accounts over the years, but Im inclined to think Id write that account off as a loss in that situation

That said I think the risk to link accounts by merely name and address is pretty low despite what most people think. In that event Id prob call on a new number, explain to them I lost my old # (but be able to identify it if needed), but provide them my email / personal details associated w the account instead. I wouldn't reference any other accounts. I believe they have a number of ways they can still authenticate your account such as email codes and various "verify your identity" questions where they run your deets through some third party software and ask the usual questions like "which company are you associated with", "which street is closest to you", etc. I have a number of old accounts where my old # is completely inaccessible + unable to be changed, and thats the process they usually run me through, at least

rsot 08-07-2026 09:52 AM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1270419)
I can only get as far as eBay saying "your account has been locked, please contact support to reset your password". But when I click contact support, there's no support. Just a chatbot loop.


I've been trying every month or two for the last year. I have eBay's number saved in my phone from times they've called about another account. Guess I'll have to break down and call them eventually but what I worry about is having eyes on the multiple accounts.

Feels like this is the remaining move...

solefoodbk 08-08-2026 07:02 AM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
I think you need to do the database questions. Last time I had to fix this scenario was 2023, maybe things updated.

You need to attach something they’re able to verify on the account, if no database. Maybe email.

Enid Nathaniei 08-09-2026 08:43 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
I had a similar issue before. eBay support was able to help after verifying my identity, so it’s worth trying.

deepsofts 08-10-2026 01:48 AM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Was the problem resolved by calling customer support?

phaz0rz 08-10-2026 06:47 AM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enid Nathaniei (Post 1270582)
I had a similar issue before. eBay support was able to help after verifying my identity, so it’s worth trying.

I tend to not trust your replies but thank you for the encouragement.

phaz0rz 08-10-2026 08:55 AM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by deepsofts (Post 1270590)
Was the problem resolved by calling customer support?


I haven't called in yet. The account in question has been on the back burner for a year.

It's a business account with its own EIN.. but years in the trenches dealing with this stealth crap has me nervous about calling.

If I get 5 more people advising me to call in, I'll go ahead and pull the trigger. :lol:

phaz0rz 08-10-2026 09:51 AM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
@eBay - if you guys could throw me a bone on this one, I'd really appreciate it. No doubt you know which accounts belong to me, lol.

rsot 08-11-2026 01:48 AM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1270610)
@eBay - if you guys could throw me a bone on this one, I'd really appreciate it. No doubt you know which accounts belong to me, lol.

Calling out eb on the forum hah...what a world :FF:

deniz718 08-11-2026 02:48 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1270368)
..after losing access to the registration phone number?


I have an account that I've been blocked out of for a while now that I would really like to get back. In the old days I'd just use spoofcard to call in from the old number but with MP I'm worried about raising some kind of red flag.



had same situation today I couldn't get in 2018 stealth eBay sellers account
I called and they ask me identify verification questions and passed lol

phaz0rz 08-11-2026 03:20 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
hmmm. And is that the only account you have selling right now?

deniz718 08-11-2026 04:26 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1270651)
hmmm. And is that the only account you have selling right now?


about 10 aged 2018 acc's
and 5 month old accounts

phaz0rz 08-11-2026 05:03 PM

Re: Has anyone here had their password reset by eBay
 
ok, gotcha.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Rotating Residential Proxies? Head to IPBurger for Residential Proxies
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger