| | |
#1

1 Week Ago
| | Junior Member | | Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 198
Thanks: 89
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 10% Longevity: 60% | | Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
Hi Folks ,
Long time no see !
I’ve used this eBay account to sell products for about four years, but I can no longer log in because eBay now sends a verification code to a phone number I cannot access. I still have access to the email address associated with the account.I see my product still sold from the email every day.
I contacted eBay. At the end eBay asked some private questions only eBay holder knows, like which street you related, what company you ever worked etc. Of course I can not answer these.
Has anyone dealt with a similar situation?
Thanks for sharing!
| |
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!
| | | |
#2

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 11,764
Thanks: 2,266
Thanked 4,180 Times in 3,148 Posts
Activity: 97% Longevity: 55% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
You're screwed and will end up with some debt from the selling fees on the unfilled orders.
You used someone else's info when you switched the account to managed payments a few years ago?
__________________ ____________ _______ ___ | | The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post: | | |
#3

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 81,557
Thanks: 6,467
Thanked 9,496 Times in 8,769 Posts
Activity: 100% Longevity: 85% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
Welcome back to the forum JamesLee - from where did you get the account? It's a difficult situation for the verification access sadly.
| | The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post: | | |
#4

1 Week Ago
| | Junior Member
Threadstarter  
| | Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 198
Thanks: 89
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 10% Longevity: 60% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz You're screwed and will end up with some debt from the selling fees on the unfilled orders.
You used someone else's info when you switched the account to managed payments a few years ago? | I think so, but I cannot remember how to switch to managed payment.
| |
#5

1 Week Ago
| | Junior Member
Threadstarter  
| | Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 198
Thanks: 89
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 10% Longevity: 60% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot Welcome back to the forum JamesLee - from where did you get the account? It's a difficult situation for the verification access sadly. | A guy in this forum registered for me back that time. I lost his contact. | |
#6

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 11,764
Thanks: 2,266
Thanked 4,180 Times in 3,148 Posts
Activity: 97% Longevity: 55% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLee I think so, but I cannot remember how to switch to managed payment. | If you've sold anything in the last few years then your account is already in managed payments. It's been a good minute since sellers could attach a Paypal and have their payments go there. This thread makes much less sense now.
__________________ ____________ _______ ___ | | The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post: | | |
#7

1 Week Ago
|  | Senior Member | | Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15,400
Thanks: 2,171
Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,304 Posts
Activity: 95% Longevity: 41% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLee Hi Folks ,
Long time no see !
I’ve used this eBay account to sell products for about four years, but I can no longer log in because eBay now sends a verification code to a phone number I cannot access. I still have access to the email address associated with the account.I see my product still sold from the email every day.
I contacted eBay. At the end eBay asked some private questions only eBay holder knows, like which street you related, what company you ever worked etc. Of course I can not answer these.
Has anyone dealt with a similar situation?
Thanks for sharing! | your account is still selling,so if you cant log in,how do you fill the order?
can you ask Ebay to send verification code to the email address instead of the phone?
Last edited by agent006140; 1 Week Ago at 07:55 AM.
| | The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post: | | |
#8

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 81,557
Thanks: 6,467
Thanked 9,496 Times in 8,769 Posts
Activity: 100% Longevity: 85% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 your account is still selling,so if you cant log in,how do you fill the order? | Either this situation happened to OP all of a sudden or, subtlely, there is a hint of trying to take over an account without legitimate access...
| | The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post: | | |
#9

1 Week Ago
| | Junior Member
Threadstarter  
| | Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 198
Thanks: 89
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 10% Longevity: 60% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 your account is still selling,so if you cant log in,how do you fill the order?
can you ask Ebay to send verification code to the email address instead of the phone? | I cannot fill the orders since I could login. Also eBay will not send verification code to the email. Either let me receive code from original phone or contact eBay....
| |
#10

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 11,764
Thanks: 2,266
Thanked 4,180 Times in 3,148 Posts
Activity: 97% Longevity: 55% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
The buyers info shows in the "you made the sale" emails that eBay sends. You could ship the orders that way...
__________________ ____________ _______ ___ | |
#11

1 Week Ago
|  | Senior Member | | Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15,400
Thanks: 2,171
Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,304 Posts
Activity: 95% Longevity: 41% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz The buyers info shows in the "you made the sale" emails that eBay sends. You could ship the orders that way... | You mean print a shipping label outside Ebay ,then what?He cant enter tracking on Ebay,if buyer files INR,he cant log in and show the tracking results.
also will Ebay send him the sales proceed if it does not see that the item has shipped?
| |
#12

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 11,764
Thanks: 2,266
Thanked 4,180 Times in 3,148 Posts
Activity: 97% Longevity: 55% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
Yeah, good point. There's a link in the email that says "get shipping label or QR code" but I guess without being able to get into the eBay account that won't do him much good.
__________________ ____________ _______ ___ | |
#13

1 Week Ago
|  | Senior Member | | Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15,400
Thanks: 2,171
Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,304 Posts
Activity: 95% Longevity: 41% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
The only way it is safe to ship is if buyer pays via Paypal and file INR on Paypal,not Ebay,then he has a chance of winning by producing the tracking number.
Why would an Ebay buyer files with PAYPAL and not Ebay,well,he could have been suspended by Ebay !
| |
#14

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 11,764
Thanks: 2,266
Thanked 4,180 Times in 3,148 Posts
Activity: 97% Longevity: 55% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
Not true in managed payments because eBay doesn't tell sellers what payment method a buyer pays with. They all show as paid orders. Must be a while since you've sold anything on eBay, lol.
__________________ ____________ _______ ___ | |
#15

1 Week Ago
|  | Senior Member | | Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15,400
Thanks: 2,171
Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,304 Posts
Activity: 95% Longevity: 41% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
When I buy something,I will opt to pay via Paypal,which is linked to the same credit card on file with Ebay,but these days Paypal is also getting to be a big pain to log in.
true,as a seller,I dont know how they pay,I get very few returns or INAD or IAD
Selling on AMZN is worse,I cant seem to be able to set up a passkey,I will use the camera to capture the QR code,but it is still telling me I need to set up passkey?
Some said because my phone is blocking QR code,but I dont seem to find any way you can block or unblock such feature.
sTILL waiting for AMZN to help me resolve .
| |
#16

1 Week Ago
|  | Senior Member | | Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15,400
Thanks: 2,171
Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,304 Posts
Activity: 95% Longevity: 41% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz Not true in managed payments because eBay doesn't tell sellers what payment method a buyer pays with. They all show as paid orders. Must be a while since you've sold anything on eBay, lol. | thats why I said why would any Ebay buyer go to Paypal to file dispute when he can do so easily on Ebay,the reason is that he has been suspended by Ebay,so if he used Paypal to pay me,he will go to Paypal to file a dispute.
Or filing too many disputes will make EBay think he is a trouble maker and could suspend his buying privilege
| |
#17

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 11,764
Thanks: 2,266
Thanked 4,180 Times in 3,148 Posts
Activity: 97% Longevity: 55% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
I don't get what you're saying.
__________________ ____________ _______ ___ | |
#18

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 81,557
Thanks: 6,467
Thanked 9,496 Times in 8,769 Posts
Activity: 100% Longevity: 85% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 thats why I said why would any Ebay buyer go to Paypal to file dispute when he can do so easily on Ebay,the reason is that he has been suspended by Ebay,so if he used Paypal to pay me,he will go to Paypal to file a dispute.
Or filing too many disputes will make EBay think he is a trouble maker and could suspend his buying privilege | agent, the thread was started by a member who is a seller...you're derailing the thread and when phaz can't follow...it's a big problem
James, if you can't answer the questions and can't get the phone number working, there's going to be problems - do you know the phone number they need and maybe get a working cell line with that number?
| |
#19

6 Days Ago
| | Junior Member
Threadstarter  
| | Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 198
Thanks: 89
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 10% Longevity: 60% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot agent, the thread was started by a member who is a seller...you're derailing the thread and when phaz can't follow...it's a big problem
James, if you can't answer the questions and can't get the phone number working, there's going to be problems - do you know the phone number they need and maybe get a working cell line with that number? | I have the number . How can I get same number ? Thanks
| |
#20

5 Days Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 11,764
Thanks: 2,266
Thanked 4,180 Times in 3,148 Posts
Activity: 97% Longevity: 55% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
I don't think it's possible. I tried recovering my old number from Verizon a few months ago and they almost laughed at me. Didn't matter that I had the number for years.
__________________ ____________ _______ ___ | |
#21

5 Days Ago
|  | Senior Member | | Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15,400
Thanks: 2,171
Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,304 Posts
Activity: 95% Longevity: 41% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday. Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLee I have the number . How can I get same number ? Thanks | it would be almost impossible,have you tried calling that number to see if it has been assigned to someone else?
| |
#22

5 Days Ago
| | Junior Member | | Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 617
Thanks: 14
Thanked 89 Times in 79 Posts
Activity: 3% Longevity: 58% | | Re: Can not login an old eBay account, but still sell everyday.
If you cannot answer the pass questions with the customer service agent, there is a 0 percent chance that the account can be edited to a new number.
|
Posting Rules
| You may not post new threads You may not post replies You may not post attachments You may not edit your posts HTML code is Off | | | |