1 Last Tip On Buying Wholesale - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-05-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default 1 Last Tip On Buying Wholesale

I am going to give away one tip on buying and selling on Ebay from my 4 years of research, I have 100's of other examples just like this one with numerous other items .. I actually need to contact the Stealth Master to see how much he would charge to write a manual for me -lol .... Here is a good example, go to ebay search and type in SAMMY HAGAR VINTAGE SHIRT TOUR 1982 ..When you go to that listing look at all the sellers other listings and than go to their completed auctions ..these people make about $2500-7k a month buying the shirts off of ebay and reselling ..they use a different buyers account as i know how to 'crack ' buyers accounts but i will not share that ..they usually never pay more than $5-20 a shirt and flip for $50-$150 ....The thing is you have to spend the time searching for the items but these are not Vero and you can start slow and work and learn your way up .. i started slow working out of a extra bedroom and now i am closing on a house next week with a 2 car garage and a seperate 4 car garage as i am tired of paying $400 a month for two storage units for my overstock ..I believe In God , Karma and passing it down - Try to focus on something you like to make it more enjoyable=it can be done..Good Luck !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gibsonton For This Useful Post:
kosmaselectronics (02-06-2010), OfficialGenius (02-05-2010), tripleflip18 (02-06-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2010

Longevity: 85%

GENIUS!

Your idea has gave me an ingenious idea on what more I can do with these shirts and others... :D

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 02-05-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-05-2010

Longevity: 91%

Good for you Gibston!
Old 02-05-2010
Threadstarter  

The Key is ---try to get a backup plan if you are selling Vero so you at least have something to fall back on ...and after awhile hopefully it will be what you do full time .. I am tempted by Vero as well and used to sell it only at a local Flea Market ..I found this site though as i had problems with legit vinatge items that were not Vero .
The Following User Says Thank You to gibsonton For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (02-05-2010)
Old 02-05-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

This is actually what I did to save one of my businesses a few years ago.

It wasn't an eBay business, but it might as well have been.
Old 02-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Another thing is i dont just stick with one thing , i sell anything i can get my hands on cheap .... I will give you though the reason i discovered this site ..I was selling a Vintage /deadstock shirt from the 80's band Stryper ..it was deadstock from the store HoT Topic as i have a connection on their shelf pulls ..I got a vero from the Band , i contacted the info for the vero member who turned out to be the nothing more than the president of their fanclub who ran the vero for free for them - he told me it was never authorized by the band ..so i ended up getting pizzed as i knew i was correct and relisted it and got another vero and suspended for 7 days( i know stupid on my part but didnt understand vero than) ..well a year later i see the same shirt on ebay and i contact the Vero and he tells me that the item was licensed but he wasnt aware of it back than ...see this is the type of stuff that screws up the honest people who are not doing anything wrong- as you can see some poeple will let anybody run the vero part of their trademark. .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gibsonton For This Useful Post:
aspkin (02-12-2010), GreenBean (02-20-2010)
Old 02-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi , let me answer a question that many are messaging me about ..Understand when dealing with Vintage items they are mostly one of a kind or very few will be on ebay, so alot of it is timing .. some people are messaging me and dont understand why would someone pay the seller $75 for a item that they bought off of ebay for $5 ...There are many reasons like the person that will pay $75 wasnt on ebay that week-look at that guys 'completed autions -just tab it on the left side or even look at his feedback and you will see many have paid him up to $200 for a shirt ..i buy in bulk so heres a hint sometimes you can buy a collection of vintage shirts or other items ,, the person wanting a sammy hagar shirt isnt going to look at a 'lot or collection " , they will go right for what they want......And remember the average person is not ebay savy like most of us here on how to search, they are often just trying to recapture their youth-lol .... the item i deal in i buy in collections or lots usually paying $2 each than i sell for $9.99-$50.00.. .... If i had a helper to just pull my orders i could make a fortune as i dont have the time to search everything but i also dont want them stealing my ideas .lol
Old 02-07-2010

Longevity: 90%

I don't get it. Why would one shirt go for $75 and the other go for $5, or am I supposed to look for a vintage shirt lot or collection that includes the $75 vintage shirt, but doesn't actually say that in the title?
Old 02-08-2010
Threadstarter  

$75 is a fixed price .. $5 is a auction ....look for everything lots and stuff that sells .
""Free your mind and the Cash will Follow""
Old 02-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Here is something i posted on another thread .. i have a buddy who sells dvds box sets tv series ,exercise dvds etc ... he has been selling them on Craigslist and meets 3-6 people a day block from his house at a grocery store and is netting about $150 a day .. he does live in a bigger city - so might not work in small town .. but i may look into this myself.
Old 02-20-2010

i think the probelm with that is if you live in a big city studios may hire an attorney and go on craigslist to buy from people and see if it is legit.
Old 02-21-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
i think the probelm with that is if you live in a big city studios may hire an attorney and go on craigslist to buy from people and see if it is legit.
dude..again you think theyd waste there time over that,come on get real
Old 02-21-2010

Longevity: 83%
Default fl

They do that in florida and do knock off stings. They put it on the news the other day.
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

Who does knock off stings and on what ? .. we are aware of stings .. but give a link or a example, i have only seen stings at flea markets ...i just went to craiglist and looked at every area in florida ..they better have alot of people sitting around doing nothing to stop all that ...the worst thing that could happen is someone approach you and say they want 100's and you oblige....I dont really think they are going to pay a attorney $2k a day to go buy dvds , when in fact it could be just lazy people who bought the junk off tv and are just selling it .. this is a tough economy so people are selling alot of things right now.... i am telling you they usually look for quanitys like bulk sellers or manufacturers.... i have some sports apparrell ( sure you can figure that out) i have had in storage for 3 years .. over 800 pcs and have been moving them slowly on craigslist as dont have any other way to sell .
Old 02-21-2010

let's say they do pay an attorney $2000 to do an undercover buy, and let's say they do 4 of them a day, will, i would think that the studio would try and sue the pants off of the person selling the item to recoup the studios fees,attorney fees, lawsuits, etc.
Old 02-21-2010

Longevity: 86%

hey nobody999, how about you quit ignoring my pm's and send me the money you owe me?
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
let's say they do pay an attorney $2000 to do an undercover buy, and let's say they do 4 of them a day, will, i would think that the studio would try and sue the pants off of the person selling the item to recoup the studios fees,attorney fees, lawsuites, etc.
Suing is easy , collecting is another thing .look at all the foreclosures and short sales going on .. you think people that couldnt pay the mortgage to begin with are all of a sudden gonna have 50k or more to pay off the short sale amount ..They can put all the judgements they want and sue but a broke college student, single parent , peroson on unemployment etc .. isnt going to be able to pay them ... I told this to One of the lawyers who tried to get me for something that was actually legit .. i told him go ahead and sue and i will just file BK - their was silence for 10 secs than he said ''thats not what we are trying to do '''' .....Look i dont advocate doing things the wrong way - i got my act together and have been doing it the right way for 3 years but i do get tempted sometimes.
Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Half baked theories are irrelevant and have no use in the thread.
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Half baked theories are irrelevant and have no use in the thread.

Sorry , i shouldnt of responded and rambled on ..Just started thread to try and help people get backup plans ..i have given examples too a few people and all people do is tell me how buying and selling on ebay doesnt work .. my wife laughs and says this is good for us , more for us to buy and sell on ebay . Good Luck to all !
Old 02-21-2010

Longevity: 86%

There are only 2 sammy hagar shirts on there now. They're your right? lol
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

The other is unworn for $175 .. the one i refered to is $75 ....vintage stuff takes awhile to sell- nothing will sell as fast as vero items as they usually sell for less than the retailer gets them wholesale for with a brick and morter store and minium buy of often 10's of thousands of dollars -thats why listings get pulled somewhat fast of course ...... i have 3-4k listings up at one time but only sell 80-200 items a week but profit margins are about a average of $10-$15 net ..so i make decent money just not getting rich but alot less stress and still better for me than the 9-5 .
Old 02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonton View Post
Suing is easy , collecting is another thing .look at all the foreclosures and short sales going on .. you think people that couldnt pay the mortgage to begin with are all of a sudden gonna have 50k or more to pay off the short sale amount ..They can put all the judgements they want and sue but a broke college student, single parent , peroson on unemployment etc .. isnt going to be able to pay them ... I told this to One of the lawyers who tried to get me for something that was actually legit .. i told him go ahead and sue and i will just file BK - their was silence for 10 secs than he said ''thats not what we are trying to do '''' .....Look i dont advocate doing things the wrong way - i got my act together and have been doing it the right way for 3 years but i do get tempted sometimes.
did the lawyers then just went away? and yes, i assume you can really file for bankruptcy if they have a judgement against you, but then that's what...10 years of bad credit? to me it's just not worth it.