eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay Wants A Real Lan Line Phone Number- Need Alternates To Private Phone (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/1639-ebay-wants-real-lan-line-phone-number-need-alternates-private-phone.html)

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-09-2007 12:25 PM

Ebay Wants A Real Lan Line Phone Number- Need Alternates To Private Phone

(PRIVATEPHONE IS CLOSING DOWN 12/15 ANYWAY)

ebay now SUSPENDS NEW SELLERS IMMEDIATELY and they want a REAL PHONE NUMBER on which to deliver a PIN NUMBER TO VERIFY YOUR PHONE NUMBER

This happened this morning- started selling on a new name that was a month old, then received a suspension letter 2 hours later that they wanted me to verify my phone number. PROBLEM- the private phone number message did not say a PIN!!!! it said IF YOU ARE EXPECTING THIS CALL, PRESS #

AND NO PIN WAS GIVEN!! They are on to the game of privatephone voicemail based numbers.

THERE HAS GOT TO BE A WAY AROUND THIS!

PS:Just used a real phone #, PRESSED # while on the phone with them, got the PIN#, got in, got selling again, so we shall see by the end of the day if I'm still around.

aspkin 11-09-2007 01:45 PM

People have complained about this before, but you can use aimphone just the same and actually press pound when you get the call. Remember they call almost instantly, so when you're on aim phone you can do this.

Screen Name Service

aaa1 11-09-2007 01:52 PM

tossabledigits.com

They forward your calls to your real phone. $3/mo, first month is a free trial.

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-09-2007 03:00 PM

thanks guys!!!

It must be a random thing and perhaps doesn't happen to everyone? I've never had it happen INSTANTLY like that as part of the ebay robot suspensions that are triggered from listing an item.

The only time I've ever been put on hold and blocked because of a bad phone number was after another user complained to ebay that my phone number was invalid.

They are so "on the ball" too, when I signed in to correct it, they didn't have the link ready to respond to the suspension like they said it would be to tell them to call me. I had to actually create an ebay listing, then right after I hit submit, the little screen came up that said "you can't sell, we need to verify your phone number."

doughboykilla 11-09-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayisanecessaryevil (Post 15271)
They are so "on the ball" too, when I signed in to correct it, they didn't have the link ready to respond to the suspension like they said it would be to tell them to call me. I had to actually create an ebay listing, then right after I hit submit, the little screen came up that said "you can't sell, we need to verify your phone number."

This happen to me many times just log on your name and change some personal info and if your useing another ip rather the one made with the account then it will say this when u try to list a item it will say your accounts is locked and u need to verfiy your phone number.

Jonas 11-09-2007 09:32 PM

Can't you tell ebay you only got one phone line and have to disconnect your modem?

They can't require actual landline as some people only have cell phones.

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-10-2007 02:15 PM

I realized the MISSPEAK in the subject line, but it was too late to change it.

What I meant to say was ebay wants to call you on a phone number and you need to be able to interact with them during that call. It can be any type of phone line, home or cel or whatever.

And just like it was mentioned earlier, AIMPHONE accomplishes this. :D

simogold 11-11-2007 01:37 PM

Aim phone problems?

i got the same problem before, they locked my account after listing an item.
but the problem with AIMphone you can't press the # sign if you have only free account (incoming call). any suggestions.

doughboykilla 11-11-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simogold (Post 15346)
i got the same problem before, they locked my account after listing an item.
but the problem with AIMphone you can't press the # sign if you have only free account (incoming call). any suggestions.

yes u can o have done it with many accounts and i use the free account

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-12-2007 03:57 PM

Don't use # on the keyboard? click on # on the AIM interface that pops up.

It worked great for me on 3 names so far.

BUT ON my latest NAME- THEY NEVER CALLED!! I waited and waited and waited. And the name is still selling. I hate suspense!!

It was interesting this last time- an 801 phone number called my aim phone 20 minutes after I listed 2 items,(saw on caller ID) i wasn't around to get the call, got suspended, then did the "call me to verify procedure" got called by the 847 number and got back on.

Does anyone know what happens if you answer the call from the 801 phone number??

simogold 11-12-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayisanecessaryevil (Post 15393)
Don't use # on the keyboard? click on # on the AIM interface that pops up.

It worked great for me on 3 names so far.

BUT ON my latest NAME- THEY NEVER CALLED!! I waited and waited and waited. And the name is still selling. I hate suspense!!

It was interesting this last time- an 801 phone number called my aim phone 20 minutes after I listed 2 items,(saw on caller ID) i wasn't around to get the call, got suspended, then did the "call me to verify procedure" got called by the 847 number and got back on.

Does anyone know what happens if you answer the call from the 801 phone number??

I didn't see any (#) sign in the AIM interface when i call myself from my real phone.

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-12-2007 05:50 PM

Hmm. maybe make sure you have the latest version of Aim and the aimphone download software? Maybe start all over with a new account and download everything it tells you to?

What happens when I do it is I get the window that opens telling me a call is coming in, I answer it, and another window pops open with all the phone keys to click on to make phone tones with the volume bars.

simogold 11-13-2007 10:44 AM

i will try today. even if i have the free account. thank you for your infos

simogold 11-13-2007 02:01 PM

Thank you very much i got it. but when i sent the call to Voicemail the dashboard doesn't appear.only if you take the call instantly.
thank you again.

DogFacedBoy 11-14-2007 04:38 PM

I got 4 listings wiped out a couple of weeks ago on a new account and had to do the phone verify. Luclkily I used a friend's phone to sign up so she had a real number to call. She answered and got a recording that was looped that kept saying "your PIN is XXXX"
The lamest thing about it is that, on the EB site was the option of updating/changing the registered number.

Chris Hanson 11-14-2007 06:31 PM

You all must be selling elcetronics or very high end products. I never ever had to do the phone verify thing on any of the 15 accounts I had.

or

your are not deselecting the do not call me checkbox in ebay

aspkin 11-14-2007 06:41 PM

Most likely customers are complaining about incorrect contact information and eBay is limiting their accounts for verification.