is the linked ebay account still useful after paypal limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-08-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default is the linked ebay account still useful after paypal limited

paypal died but ebay account is still good.

I am wondering whether I can continue selling with the latter by accepting paypal payments with another paypal... or even with other methods?

thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yes, maybe, depends

ebay account might be OK if it is not suspended because of the paypal limitation. imo, it's kinda 'marked' now so I would consider a new account.
If you use another paypal, that usually goes down ( defeats the purpose)
Your other options would be merchant accounts.
Ask yourself a couple of questions about what to do?
Are you selling high end goods? Do you have a lot of funds going thro' account? Are you on ebay to make money or play?
Your answers should help decide what to do
Old 03-08-2010

Longevity: 95%

I do :D ride that ebay till the wheels fall off
Old 03-09-2010

Longevity: 87%

It could be up and running depending on how you do it. There are tricks there.
The Following User Says Thank You to metroline For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

My personal take on this and the way I do this is that I have disciplined myself to have 1 ebay account for 1 paypal account.

More often than not it is the Paypal account that suffers a limitation and in some cases the ebay account survives.

Now the issues you have are these. I do fully understand that you feel good about an ebay account that you have worked hard on and have (x) amount of feedback where most of it will be positive with high DSR ratings.

You could in theory still sell with that ebay account, but I would never under any circumstances link up a second Paypal account to this ebay account.

This is too simple and it will definetely be a marked account.

Sometimes you can try selling on ebay and exclude the paypal email address, but often listings will not post and you will be asked to provide a Paypal email address for payments.

If you post an email that you have access to, but that is not linked to Paypal it will also bring an error message up.

You can leave the initial email address in there, (the one linked to the limited Paypal account), you will find that auctions will post but when the buyer tries to pay via Paypal they get this message.

"This Paypal account is currently not accepting payments"

Now then what you can do is tell the buyer that you have a problem with Paypal and are trying to rectify it, BUT in the meantime can they please send 1) a cheque or postal order. 2) Pay by google checkout (if you have it) 3) Any other way you have to receive a payment.

Now I have done this and its so round the houses its a pain but it works but the effort you have to put in with emailing the buyers to tell them whats going on is time consuming. Also you have those buyers that will only pay by Paypal.

If I had a Paypal account limited I would start again from scratch with a new ebay and Paypal account, at times like this you have to be able to "bite the bullet" and move on quickly.

Ebay and Paypal are so good at catching you out now that trying to cut simple corners will more often than not see further problems.

A good tip is to always have a back up ebay and paypal account so you can jump ship at the first signs of suspensions and troubles.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
aspkin (04-05-2010), OfficialGenius (03-09-2010), philly387 (03-12-2010)
Old 03-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

When my Paypal account was suspended I still have several sales on ebay that completed shortly after.

For these last lingering sales I asked buyers to send the payment to my 2nd Paypal account and I emailed them an invoice.

Now this worked and I had no problems at all, but I did not make it a habit. It was literally only 6 or 7 sales that completed after the Paypal was limited.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (03-09-2010)
Old 03-11-2010

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

It might be a way for Asking buyers to pay another way or pay to the sec. paypal account.But this way is too annoying,it is ok if you only sell a few items out per day,you need to send each buyer an email to state about that and wait for reply from them,and most important is that some of them would not like to pay outside of ebay as if they do that way they are not protecting by ebay in any way.

If you sell items more than 10 everyday,that's the problem I'm facing it,my paypal got limited,ebay's alive too.:(

Last edited by alexzin; 03-11-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-03-2010

Hi Guys! Interesting Question - I am having the same problem, my paypal is dead but ebay is fine & honestly, i did not want to open a new paypal and link to my ebay because i did not want to risk instead, i preferred to open new ebay and paypal account and start fresh as mentioned above! so far i have been e-mailing customers telling them to pay the money in my other PP account as the account linked to ebay has been hacked, it worked! If i want to keep on doing that, will there be a problem from ebay side?? Will they know that my paypal account is dead and i am still selling, basically about my trick? how long will this ebay account last?
Old 04-04-2010

Longevity: 83%

I'm in the same boat. I have two very nice 10 year old accounts on ebay, with outstanding feeback and age....just sitting there. Can't do squat with them since they are linked to PP. suxs
Old 04-05-2010

What are the tricks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroline View Post
It could be up and running depending on how you do it. There are tricks there.
Old 04-05-2010

Longevity: 83%

would love to know too