How is ebay really tracking? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-30-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

It helps from eBay spotting the item, but it doesn't help from the trademark owner to find the item afterwards by searching....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-30-2007

Longevity: 95%
Default clearing up concerns

Hi, Firstly thankyou for the insightfull ebay suspension resolution seems to be very helpfull. Im from Australia and obviously been suspended i want to use the information provided but b4 i do i want to clear up some questions.

Firstly if i use a credit card number does it have to match the name on the new ebay account personalle details?

Secondly do i need to have funds in it so does Ebay still charge it and refund amount to confirm legitimacy of the credit card.

3rd quiery is can i use old images that were used to post previous listings on my suspended account. Is there any ebay attachments or tracking devices in them?

Also i would like to add to the post about branding that before i was suspended everything was fine untill i played around with the listings in such a way. I had sold few nikes with no porblems inplacing the word nike after several sales they set limitations on my account. After the limits i did the waitingprocess waiting till listings are in main catergory then put in NIKE knowing it wont sell with out the name. Im not sure but this drew attention i must have gotten flagged cuz straight after this i was suspended.
Old 11-30-2007

Default i forgot something!

how do we get payments out of paypal if all is good? can it be transferred into the gift visa card?

How bout when some customer wishes to pay for goods via bank transfers? Is it safe to put that info in ebay replies? i doubt it but maybe someone knows for sure?

I got so many questions with such just a single wish to have a unsuspendable ebay account!
Old 11-30-2007
Executive [VIP]

Firstly if i use a credit card number does it have to match the name on the new ebay account personalle details?

A credit card most likely. A debit card, usually not. Gift cards can also sometimes by used in any name/address.

Secondly do i need to have funds in it so does Ebay still charge it and refund amount to confirm legitimacy of the credit card.

A few dollars is enough.

3rd quiery is can i use old images that were used to post previous listings on my suspended account. Is there any ebay attachments or tracking devices in them?

I always use my old images, I just change the name of them a bit.

how do we get payments out of paypal if all is good? can it be transferred into the gift visa card?

Into the bank account

How bout when some customer wishes to pay for goods via bank transfers? Is it safe to put that info in ebay replies? i doubt it but maybe someone knows for sure?

Bank transfers are allowed, no problem.
Old 11-30-2007

Default thank you

You do know i mean placing a bank account number that has been restricted from ebay. So would that be safe to put the number in the actual message sent from a member that wants to pay bank transfer. And i think you mean i can have my restricted bank account # in pay pal because they do not share this info with ebay?
All i have to do is have a different email address for paypal. But the rest info must be accurate so i can withdraw funds i think?

I missed out on the XMAS rush damn ebay whyyyyyyyyyyy lol
Old 11-30-2007
Executive [VIP]

eBay and PayPal share a lot of information, I would think they share bank account information too. For example, I did a credit card chargeback to eBay once and I couldn't use that credit card anymore with Skype (also an eBay company), so I wouldn't recommend using the same bank account.
Old 12-02-2007

Longevity: 99%

dont let a customer report you LOL :D
Old 12-15-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
After numerous trail and error methods of opening new selling accounts, i think the only things they track are ip ranges, cookies and title descriptions of "banned" items of new accounts less then 3 months old or lower then 5 feedback.
Your right. thats why they will ban you if you revise a listing after it post to ebay
Old 12-15-2007

Longevity: 98%

They never did anything to me for revising ever. I'm thinking maybe you're adding or removing large amounts of text and so it's a large change rather than a you must a spelling error on 100 listings and make a tiny change.

Well how much are you changing when it suspends you?
Old 12-15-2007
Banned

Well I only did a spelling mistake of 2 letters 2 times
Old 12-17-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

The testing continues changed ip, mac adreess(just in case) cleared cookies, . OK, learned a few more things that apply to me, your expireance may differ. First Ebay motors is harder to get to sell on then regular ebay, as they seem to pre authorize your account for car austions and store your VIN. Second as is widely known, new account get a look over from Trust&satey monkey before your listing will post. While VERO item and keywords get you automatic suspended on new or old accounts, it is not the cause of immediate bans.
I can register a new account and buy right away. new accounts seem to be limited to buying around $200,000 or 15 items which every comes first.
My new accounts get immediatley suspended when trying to list any item, even common everyday item under $25 with or without picture.
So it seems, unless your item is VERo, your title, description and pics do not trigger automatic suspension.
It also does not seem to matter if you use gift card or real credit card. I also gave them the phone and addrees of the taco bell down the street and gaot suspended, Now I could be getting banned for trying to sell immediatley after registering, but other than that that just leaves them ip ranges, name, address, phone and gift card or credit card info.
They may be banning caertain gift card of the ones I am using all start with the same for digit bin number 4042
Old 12-17-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

The testing continues changed ip, mac address (just in case) cleared cookies, . OK, learned a few more things that apply to me, your expireance may differ. First Ebay motors is harder to get to sell on then regular ebay, as they seem to pre authorize your account for car auctions and store your VIN. Second as is widely known, new account get a look over from Trust & saftey monkey before your listing will post. While VERO item and keywords get you automatic suspended on new or old accounts, it is not the cause of immediate bans.
I can register a new account and buy right away. new accounts seem to be limited to buying around $200,000 or 15 items which every comes first.
My new accounts get immediately suspended when trying to list any item, even common everyday item under $25 with or without picture.
So it seems, unless your item is VERo, your title, description and pics do not trigger automatic suspension.
It also does not seem to matter if you use gift card or real credit card. I also gave them the phone and address of the taco bell down the street and got suspended, Now I could be getting banned for trying to sell immediately after registering, but other than that that just leaves them ip ranges, name, address, phone and gift card or credit card info.
They may be banning certain gift card of the ones I am using all start with the same for digit bin number 4042
Old 12-17-2007
Banned

maybe they just dont want you on at all
Old 12-17-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

LOL...They haven't wanted me on for the last 10 years. Still have 10 active accounts. About 20 that are "aging" buying $1-$2 item for feedback.

It does seems the days of selling with a brand new account immediately are over. Used to be simple cookie clean, ip change with a new VCC and you were good to go again, but it has gotten a lot harder.
No doubt, we will eventually get around anything they can do.
Old 12-17-2007
Banned

No, the age of selling on a brand new account has never been over. i opended up 3 accounts within the last week , all brand new, only 1 got booted, the other 2 is up and running on a 0 feedback account.. and quit buying ⊗⊗⊗⊗ feedback. I hate that Shi*..lol
Old 12-17-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

So as soon as you put in the credit card to open the seller account, you listed item and 2 of the 3 were ok? Was this on ebaymotors? Looking more and more to me, like it is my ip range, I get different ips all the time, but I only have 5 different prefixes for the first two places: IE
67:125:XXX:XX
71:56:XXX:XXX
etc.

Time to go back to my 56K dail up account, but that thing is sooo slow!
Old 12-17-2007
Banned

This was on regular ebay
Old 12-18-2007

I have a question: How do you guys get paid?
you are using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names and addresses? Isnt it a hassle to have people send you the payment? Can somebody explain that please? (with or without PayPal).
I looked but couldnt see much said on this topic..
Old 12-18-2007
Banned

We use our own merchant account ..check out my link below for more details
Old 12-18-2007

does that merchant account take PayPal too? I guess you need to have a company to have a merchant account right?
Old 12-18-2007
Banned

^^ not a valid deduction
Old 12-18-2007

but your eBay account has a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address how can you use that as your expense or cost? will that make any sense to them?