eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Signature confirmation question (HELP NEEDED) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/18295-signature-confirmation-question-help-needed.html)

sdot10 05-04-2010 12:56 PM

Signature confirmation question (HELP NEEDED)

This question relates to if your sale has the 21 day hold on it.

If an item is over $250 and you send it with just tracking and not signature confirmation will your funds still be released after the shipment is confirmed as delivered. Or will they only release it if you got signature confirmation.

I know you need signature confirmation to keep from losing a dispute but do you need it to get the money out of hold.

cardfelon 05-04-2010 02:31 PM

No you do not need it to get the money out of the 21 day hold. But remember if they dispute it as item not received even though it shows it as delivered then you will lose most likely.

OfficialGenius 05-04-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardfelon (Post 136643)
No you do not need it to get the money out of the 21 day hold. But remember if they dispute it as item not received even though it shows it as delivered then you will lose most likely.

Really? That's crazy. My friends ship out thousand dollar products and I always thought they were well protected with signature confirmation

FattyM 05-04-2010 02:45 PM

He is saying over $250 you need signature confirmation
(pink slip), because they will not accept delivery confirmation (green slip) for item over $250 if the buyer files complaint.

cardfelon 05-04-2010 03:42 PM

When you are printing out your shipping label thru Paypal you will see where it says that signature confirmation is required on anything over $250 to be protected. I always send everything over $250 with it to cover myself. If you lose a claim for a $1000 item think of how mad you would be over not spending the little bit of extra money to cover yourself.

slapped 05-04-2010 03:53 PM

The Awnser to the Original question is No. Your money will be released to you after 21 Days or The posting of Positive Feedback on the Sale in your Ebay Account whichever comes first.

The Release of funds after the Posting of positive feedback I Think does not apply to VERY NEW Accounts, I may be wrong though, It may apply as well.

As long as there are NO Disputes you will have your money in 21 days.

sdot10 05-05-2010 04:31 PM

Well let me give you the back story. Sold a gift card to a guy and he called me to tell me he's going out of town and the post office is holding his mail. The name rang a bell when i saw it and when he called he sounded familiar. Turns out I know the guy through a couple of holiday parties and such (friend of a friend). So he asked if id send the package to his gf who lives in the same city. So im thinking whats the purpose of paying extra for the signature confirmation when I know he wont dispute it. So im trying to do the minimum allowed to get my money.

slapped 05-05-2010 05:33 PM

So if you know that he will not dispute it you will NOT have a problem.

On the other hand if he does dispute it, and you did send it to his Girls house, Instead of his Paypal listed Address your DONE,---- Case Closed!!

On the bright side however, it sounds that you can at least find him with a little effort, and give him the choice of Paying you and Withdrawing his Paypal dispute, or figuring out how long it will take him to hit the ground after being thrown off a 10 story building.

I gotta believe that there is more to this story for you to even think that someone who Knows you could Most likley find them would Dispute the Sale.

I dunno, Maybe Im Wrong.

sdot10 05-05-2010 05:45 PM

i know he wont thats not my question. My question is with paypal. If you get the 21 day hold it is released when...
1) You receive positive feedback
2) It has been 21 days and you have not received a dispute
3) You show confirmed delivery

Considering hes out of town now and cant leave positive feedback i dont want to wait 21 days to get my money. I will have confirmed delivery of the item which I can use to get the hold taken off. I know that. I just wanted to make sure paypal isnt going to say oh yeah we see its confirmed as delivered but you didnt get signature confirmation also so we wont release the hold. I normally always get signature confirmation but id like to save the cash this time if i can.

slapped 05-05-2010 09:52 PM

It really depends on long you have had your Paypal account, But I would be prepared to wait the 21 days