eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Friend used my ebay and paypal account and has left it in a mess. Help! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/18329-friend-used-my-ebay-paypal-account-has-left-mess-help.html)

GreenBean 05-13-2010 05:49 AM

Que? One is able to edit the name and address on an ebay account.
Procedure:
Sign In
Go to My Account bring up box, press personal information. Page opens with all details.... (where required) the magic word EDIT is there...:spy:

Vicvelcro 05-13-2010 05:51 AM

Specifically, we are wondering/debating if a user can change the registered name on the account. Could Roger Hammersmith become Hammer Rogersmith by using the [edit] button?

GreenBean 05-13-2010 06:04 AM

Yes. The page opens as I said.
Registered name Mamma Whitman EDIT
put cursor on EDIT
next page Mamma Whitman CHANGE

Change the info, hit enter and
back to page with new name

You were not aware of the flaw:eek:

Vicvelcro 05-13-2010 06:25 AM

Nope. That's a new one by me. I wonder if that's country specific...

Dang, now I'm going to start checking mine. Gradually.

Vicvelcro 05-21-2010 07:59 PM

am3,

It's been a few days, and no word from you. Anything new to report? Did you fix it? Is it still broken? Have you spoken with ebay? If so, describe the significant parts but leave out anything mundane.

am3 05-25-2010 04:18 AM

Well I have been waiting for some advice from one of the admins on the ebay account to understand what I can do but have not had any response?

Regarding Paypal, I called them up and explained the situation and that I will be going to police etc, basically they didn't give a s**t... said account name was mine and I owed them the money... so now basically I'm having to pay the flippin balance out of my own pocket!!

I'm hoping I will not have to pay the ebay fees because the details were changed but I've kind of lost hope now :(

As for that ******* of a friend, I went to his house but surprise surprise the asshole was pretending not to be home... I found a new number for him and have been calling it non-stop, left voicemails, text messages and nothing... :(

needhelpplease 05-26-2010 08:17 AM

Well, I hope that you didnt think that it was going to be easy if you went that route. Of course, ebay/paypal is going to tell you that, if they were just like "oh,ok, well we will take off all the fees etc" dont you think that alot more people would claim that someone stole their account? The only way to truely get around this is wait for the collection agency notice and send them a "prove this is my debt" letter. Unless you want to pay for a lawyer and try that route with paypal, but good luck if you choose that route. Take this lovely person to Judge Judy if you dont have the funds for a lawyer,lol! I love watching the Ebay related cases, it is so amusing. Good Luck!

optioner 05-26-2010 08:58 AM

"Take this lovely person to Judge Judy if you dont have the funds for a lawyer,lol! I love watching the Ebay related cases, it is so amusing. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
yeah :lol:

am3 06-18-2010 04:44 AM

A bit of an update.... I talked to Paypal and didn't get anywhere, seems it's a civil matter between me and that guy and they just want their money. I've been paying off the Paypal balance out of my own pocket and just about scrapping through :( As for the Ebay fees, so far I haven't heard nothing as the account name and address was to that ******* of a man's address, I just hope they dont come to my address as this was what the account was initally created with years ago. To say I feel used is an understatement, I've tried communication but haven't got anywhere. Telephone doesn't work and email has no response... I'm just waiting for the day I bump into him!

rsot 06-18-2010 01:48 PM

Time to get a copy of Stealth and get back in the game!
:mad2:

Oh yes, Paypal and their collection agencies - man, you are going to get a lot of calls to your registered number. Be ready. Well not sure about UK but North Am. we do...