eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Problems with eBay...again - Seller confirms item not as described before I pay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/18816-problems-ebay-again-seller-confirms-item-not-described-before-i-pay.html)

p_injaiuea 05-23-2010 10:45 PM

Problems with eBay...again - Seller confirms item not as described before I pay

So here I am, a member of eBay a little more than 1 year with 141 + feedback and 1 negative because someone threw away a package I insured out of my pocket and we couldn't do a claim when the item came damaged and the guy wanted me to take a $199 loss. I told him he kinda threw away his chance at a refund when he threw away the insured box the package came in. He opened a case w/ Paypal, and I won it because I sent them the reciept from post office for insurance but the little a-hole still left me negative feedback. It was the most expensive item I sold up to that time (I figured wait awhile before I unloaded high dollar items so feedbacks up higher)

Anyway, that was nearly right at the beginning. Now I'm having a problem on the other end- buying. I have one young son who I am building a heck of a baseball card collection for. Well this one item in particular is proving to be quite the headache. I bought one last week that was described as perfect, and it came with many, many scratches on the surface. I sent that one back and after a few days I got my refund.

I saw another similar card that was described as perfect as well and it looked nice. I emailed them and asked if there were NO PROBLEMS with it at all and I made an offer of $600 which is what I would pay at the most for a perfect copy of the card. Well I went to college for the day and forgot all about it until I got home and saw that I had an email and I had an item that needed paid for. In the email, the guy says "oh yeah its nice, its got some scratches on the surface but it looks beautiful."#%^@!

Guy lied in his description and said it was in perfect shape, and then accepted my offer then tells me pretty much that its not as described.

After all that happened he started harrassing me to get me to pay outside of eBay so he can avoid paying fees. First off if I knew the card was damaged I'd have NEVER ever ever offered $600, I'd offer half that if not less. And then trying to bypass my buyer protection made me pretty upset too.

I did a eBay Chat with a rep named Zack. He listens to the whole story, tells me NOT TO PAY THIS GUY, and says I won't get an unpaid item strike because 1) card is not in the condition listed in the auction and I have an email from the seller himself to prove it,and 2) seller is trying to get me to pay outside eBay which violates their policies. I'm not big on most of their policies but I've had a good chunk of change protected and refunded from inaccurate listings in the past. Anyway a few days go by, I haven't paid and apparently eBay never deleted the item or canceled the sale or anything. Well now I've got an unpaid item case going on, which I believe I can appeal and win, but this is all such a pain in the arse.

I emailed another cust svc rep and this guy tells me exactly opposite of what the first guy said. He says I should pay via paypal. I tell him NO, the guy TOLD ME that the ITEM is NOT as DESCRIBED HIMSELF and I absolutely REFUSE to pay that much for something that was listed in a false condition. Guy says oh well, pay for it and then wait for when it comes and then do an item not as described case after it comes. That'd be nice, but after the first idiot told me NOT TO PAY THE SELLER I bought a better item for the same $600.00 so I am not going to pay another $600.00 and have to wait to get it back for another week or 2.

So eBay expects me to pay for something I know isn't any good, and wait who knows how long to get my money back after I file yet another case.... I think I'm done with eBay, this month alone I've sold close to $200 worth of stuff even being a slow month that I don't have time to list as I graduate college this coming week, but in the same month I've bought over $2,000 worth of stuff for my family. If this is how they are then fine they can screw over someone else. All they want is their percent off the item the guy listed as perfect and then told me after he accepted my offer that its damaged. Thats all they want is their piece of that $600. They don't care that I'm being screwed around and the deal is bogus before it even began. Its sickening.

coremaster 05-24-2010 03:27 PM

I would never never buy a card from ebay anyways. But I would just say don't pay it and fight the non paying bidding thing with ebay is your best bet I am guessing as thats what I would do.