eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How does EMS ship in USA? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/19029-how-does-ems-ship-usa.html)

incniu 05-30-2010 08:47 AM

How does EMS ship in USA?

VIA USPS?

DO you need to sign your name when getting it? Do you need to pick it up at USPS if you missed the delivery?

ems shipping usa

ptenchick 05-30-2010 08:52 AM

The answer is "yes" to all three questions.

telly55 05-30-2010 11:05 AM

You can sign any name you want when getting package, and if you miss delivery you can go to USPS web site to have package redelivered to you.

SaiJin 05-30-2010 11:37 AM

How's EMS to usa for large boxes like 40Kg?

JohnnyBoy 05-30-2010 12:33 PM

All packages are handled by the usps after it clears customs from ems. Doesn't matter how big or heavy.

SaiJin 05-30-2010 03:58 PM

yea I know, but how risky is it to clear customs?

cardfelon 05-30-2010 08:36 PM

There is no rhyme or reason to packages getting seized in customs. It doesn't matter if they are shipped via EMS, DHL or UPS. You may get a huge shipment one day and two days later have a package of like 2 dvds seized. If you have a good supplier they will know the tricks that will help you have a better chance of your shipment not getting seized. One of my main supplier will ship me large 6 box shipments and he will use seperate tracking numbers instead of a 1 tracking number being tied to 6 boxes. That way if something goes wrong in customs the odds of the whole order getting seized is not as great.

slapped 05-30-2010 08:57 PM

[cardfelon Says......"There is no rhyme or reason to packages getting seized in customs. If you have a good supplier they will know the tricks that will help you have a better chance of your shipment not getting seized.".......

!00% Correct Cardfellon-----Seizures are Completely Random, unless your address is on "The HOT List" And the Sellers do Make a HUGH Difference, Particullary those who Ship by Sea, those guys are the BEST

jbluntz 05-30-2010 09:06 PM

Ems is perfect for dropshipping single items rarely ever get seized.

incniu 05-30-2010 11:03 PM

How long does EMS take from CHINA TO USA?

ALSO, what items can be often seized by CUSTOM?

ems shipping usa

OfficialGenius 05-30-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incniu (Post 141834)
How long does EMS take from CHINA TO USA?

ALSO, what items can be often seized by CUSTOM?

4-7 days. I usually get mine in 3 or 4 days to NY. :D

As far as the seond question, cardfelon and others have experience on that, I never dealt with a package being seized.

incniu 05-30-2010 11:42 PM

What will happen after packages being seized?

Just being damaged? Any other bad consequences to the package receiver?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficialGenius (Post 141836)
4-7 days. I usually get mine in 3 or 4 days to NY. :D

As far as the seond question, cardfelon and others have experience on that, I never dealt with a package being seized.

slapped 05-31-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incniu (Post 141839)
What will happen after packages being seized?

Just being damaged? Any other bad consequences to the package receiver?

Almost Anything can be seized, counterfeit items, of course, legit items bought in bulk can also be seized ( You Need to have a Proper import Licence )

teedon 05-31-2010 06:01 AM

slapped is right,even for legit products,if you want a lot,you will also be seized,because you need to provide a lot of documents for clear custom but it is very diffculty to supply

billyb1966 06-01-2010 03:19 PM

there are no tricks. just as long as its wrapped tight and not on a hit list or the suppliers name isnt flagged. i have had many shipments out of tel aviv and it got to me in 3 days from shipping. customs is random.

to the other question. if seizure takes place and u have something that is not supposed to be shipped . customs will send u a letter for u to sign and call to retrieve pack. just do not respond. But. u should know ur address and name will be flagged for international orders ( for about a year) so either go domestic or get a new address and no not mailbox etc..

In one week i had a pack from china, lithuania and israel. No issues. If u have ems express u must sign for it. and no, u cant go to usps and have it re-sent rather go pick it up. It doesnt work.

EMS and USPS are sort of a team. When it leaves wherever lets say china it now becomes usps express and when it leaves usps to china. Thats why when u track it out of israel lets say once it leaves u go from track and trace or ems to usps.

Well its a crap shoot. If it has not been released in 3 days its probably seozed. If its released after 5 days watch out for a controlled delivery. Thats where u sign and they get u.

Thats if the pack is illegal to begin with.

If u ordered a knock off hand bag. U might be able to get it back.

telly55 06-01-2010 04:14 PM

You can have a ems package redeliver to you by going to usps web site.

incniu 06-02-2010 11:09 AM

controlled delivery? What is that?

Every EMS package will be held for 1 or 3 days at custom, or not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyb1966 (Post 142263)
there are no tricks. just as long as its wrapped tight and not on a hit list or the suppliers name isnt flagged. i have had many shipments out of tel aviv and it got to me in 3 days from shipping. customs is random.

to the other question. if seizure takes place and u have something that is not supposed to be shipped . customs will send u a letter for u to sign and call to retrieve pack. just do not respond. But. u should know ur address and name will be flagged for international orders ( for about a year) so either go domestic or get a new address and no not mailbox etc..

In one week i had a pack from china, lithuania and israel. No issues. If u have ems express u must sign for it. and no, u cant go to usps and have it re-sent rather go pick it up. It doesnt work.

EMS and USPS are sort of a team. When it leaves wherever lets say china it now becomes usps express and when it leaves usps to china. Thats why when u track it out of israel lets say once it leaves u go from track and trace or ems to usps.

Well its a crap shoot. If it has not been released in 3 days its probably seozed. If its released after 5 days watch out for a controlled delivery. Thats where u sign and they get u.

Thats if the pack is illegal to begin with.

If u ordered a knock off hand bag. U might be able to get it back.